Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TfL to cut speed limit to 20mph

I agree with your definition of Democracy but other countries and cultures have a different view and to say someone is not Democratically elected has to be tempered by a Definition of what you mean by Democracy and that varies from country to country , culture to culture.
In Kahns case he was democratically elected, by our definition, but he has an agenda , which you have alluded to, he has been less than transparent to the electorate, has cherry picked "facts" that support his agenda, rowed roughshod over others views and classed all those who raise objections as the lowest of the low.
Very, very similar to other " Democratically elected by their definition" leaders of countries such as Russia, Belarus, North Korea and China to name just a few.

Name me a British politician without agenda and who doesn’t cherry pick research to support their agenda.

I’m beginning to feel that the *only* thing Putin and Khan have in common is their agenda is different from that of @WelshGas.

Name me a British politician without agenda and who doesn’t cherry pick research to support their agenda.

I’m beginning to feel that the *only* thing Putin and Khan have in common is their agenda is different from that of @WelshGas.
I know Putin has an agenda and you have stated Kahn has one also.
Changing the subject doesn't alter the facts.
Both were Democratically elected according to their own country's/cultures definition of Democracy.

Both were Democratically elected according to their own country's/cultures definition of Democracy.
I have to say though that your suggestion that the liberal Kahn's hero is the dictator Putin was a new low, even for 3 cocks chats!

And here you are again plain wrong! When you throw the opponents into jail, or more commonly out of windows, that is not democracy according to your own constitution. It's murder and false imprisonment.

I have to say though that your suggestion that the liberal Kahn's hero is the dictator Putin was a new low, even for 3 cocks chats!

And here you are again plain wrong! When you throw the opponents into jail, or more commonly out of windows, that is not democracy according to your own constitution. It's murder and false imprisonment.
Agree, but the Russian electorate go along with it and define their voting system as a Democracy.
The fact that you or I or @Amarillo disagree with their definition or acquiesce is immaterial. The majority there do.

Incorrect.

Many of the things Putin does are against his own country’s laws. But no one dares stand up to him. Or if they do they face intimidation or worse.

If his government were to fall he’d either have to seek refuge in another country or face justice in his. Gut wrenching as it might be, allowing him refuge somewhere else might be the safest course of action if there is a risk of his government falling.

Incorrect.

Many of the things Putin does are against his own country’s laws. But no one dares stand up to him. Or if they do they face intimidation or worse.

If his government were to fall he’d either have to seek refuge in another country or face justice in his. Gut wrenching as it might be, allowing him refuge somewhere else might be the safest course of action if there is a risk of his government falling.
According to the Councils persuing a Judicial Review against Kahn's expansion of the ULEZ he is also exceeding his powers .

Agree, but the Russian electorate go along with it and define their voting system as a Democracy.
The fact that you or I or @Amarillo disagree with their definition or acquiesce is immaterial. The majority there do.
This again is disingenuous. The electorate have no choice. Even in the uk this holds.

For example this illiberal government have brought in photo id for all elections. There are lots of different forms of ID you can use if you are 60+ including bus passes, there are none specifically for students, student iD. Why?

Because this illiberal government don’t want poor young people (no passport or driving license) to vote, because they won’t vote for these shysters.

They do want wrinkly people to have easy access, they know that they are more likely to vote for their own selfish interests ether than their grandchildren’s.

Now put Putin in charge of polling booths!!!!!

According to the Councils persuing a Judicial Review against Kahn's expansion of the ULEZ he is also exceeding his powers .

Yes, he may be. If he is he will take remedial action to stay within the law. You may recall that his predecessor, who later became Prime Minister, also broke the law over his proroguing of Parliament. Similarly the current Home Secretary is facing action over her intention to ship people to Rwanda.

But all this is a far cry from the topic which is 20mph speed limits and the wider topic of road safety.

Yes, he may be. If he is he will take remedial action to stay within the law. You may recall that his predecessor, who later became Prime Minister, also broke the law over his proroguing of Parliament. Similarly the current Home Secretary is facing action over her intention to ship people to Rwanda.

But all this is a far cry from the topic which is 20mph speed limits and the wider topic of road safety.
No it is not, as he may be acting outside his remit. That has yet to be decided.

No it is not, as he may be acting outside his remit. That has yet to be decided.

The 20mph limit does not appear to be outside his remit.

The introduction of the ULEZ against a majority opinion in the consultation might be. That has to be determined.

Although this thread content has sometimes only a tenuous link to the title, I do find it educational, amusing, and sometimes just pathetic, but I'm enjoying it. Keep up the fight lads, I hope it doesn't get moved to the 3 Cocks, because I don't go there, I've heard it's a dangerous place!

Back