Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

urine bottles

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
The thing no-one wants to talk about! I have a few festivals coming up (no hookups) and am getting on in years. It's not always feasible (come on - you all do it!) to just nip round the back of the van - especially for women. So I give in - I'm going to get a wee bottle. There are loads on Amazon, but every one seems to have an equal number of people saying they are not leak-proof, and those who say they are! Any experiences you're willing to share?

I use a 750ml gherkin bottle. It is used most nights when camping and I have not had any mishaps after about 200 nights in the van over the past 12 months.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I also use the comfort bottle..... nice smell, and replace every so often..... Not found anything similar or more suitable for the good lady tho.

3398-1067662-Comfort_Blue_Skies_42W_1.5L_FO_8717644183786_390x260.png

I also use the comfort bottle..... ]
And if you are showing your van to anyone at a meet, and they ask, you can say that you always wash and freshen up your undies on every trip.

More seriously, other brands have non translucent bottles, which may make explanations simpler.

Bought 2 bottles and yes the first one leaked, mutter mutter, and when checked I could see a pin hole where the two halves had been welded together. I checked the second one and that looked good and was in use.

If buying one then do a visual inspection, look into it when holding up to a light plus fill with water and leave for up to an hour.

I've found that it makes the Thetford 335 redundant, saving space. Unless no toilet facility available.

The thing no-one wants to talk about! I have a few festivals coming up (no hookups) and am getting on in years. It's not always feasible (come on - you all do it!) to just nip round the back of the van - especially for women. So I give in - I'm going to get a wee bottle. There are loads on Amazon, but every one seems to have an equal number of people saying they are not leak-proof, and those who say they are! Any experiences you're willing to share?

There are plenty along the sides of the motorway. :thumb

Liquid detergent bottle, fits in door pocket nicely.

From the top deck.
A funnel and a hosepipe into a jerrycan on the passenger seat.
Or if it´s summer, then hosepipe straight out of the window.:talktothehand

+1 for waitrose detergent bottle - 1 litre and wide neck.

OMG ! Is it april fools day allready ? Is my calender behind...

• Welcome
Reactions: JRD