• Poll closed .
Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
If you were offered a vaccination at a centre 5 miles away, how would you be most likely to travel there.

Other vehicle as my Cali still doesn’t have a build date.

I can’t answer that, I don’t think. I don’t have a Cali at the moment. If my local surgery then I would walk (500m). If local hospital or another practice, then I would drive. We do not have cycle routes.
I think you are missing two options... public transport and taxi.

I would travel in a California, en route to a (legally operating) essential chicken supplies distributors.
You can get cooked chicken supplies, nice & hot, delivered to your door in certain area by Just Eat or Deliveroooooooo. I tested this out for lunch last week.

Can we have by horse as an option please, could combine exercising the pet with the vaccination.

If you were offered a vaccination at a centre 5 miles away, how would you be most likely to travel there.
When would this be applicable?
For me, I’m hoping maybe May.
So it might be 3 different options.
Can I choose all 3, or just one.
Or can I choose one of all 3 are applicable ? :thumb

Also we have a lot of snow forecast so really should have skiing and dog sled on the list.

Jog, although it will likely be October until I am eligible so I will have to check the weather forecast.

Hot air balloon, Hathi howdah, Harrier jump jet? Why does it matter!

Good idea. According to:
Laying chickens are indeed “essential supplies”.
We were looking at getting a few.

Not a good time to have chickens at the moment, having to keep them indoors not just in a run is a bit of a pain along with the other bio security measures required due to the current Avian Flu outbreak.
Quite severe restrictions in place since 14 th December.
The restrictions are the same whether you have 1 or 5000 birds

Last edited:
We were looking at getting a few.

Not a good time to have chickens at the moment, having to keep them indoors not just in a run is a bit of a pain along with the other bio security measures required due to the current Avian Flu outbreak.
Quite severe restrictions in place since 14 th December.
The restrictions are the same whether you have 1 or 5000 birds

Egg production is well down since the avian lockdown. But ours at least do have a reasonable sized outdoor covered run (8m^2), which is allowed. What they do miss is their fenced off pen within our garden which is about 24m^2.

So to count as “indoors” a run needs to be fully enclosed mesh fencing, and covered so that wild bird droppings cannot enter.

Something like this:
cacbc7b9e03c528ccacfa5a5d9f63127.jpg

With a tarpaulin thrown over the top is fine.

Egg production is well down since the avian lockdown. But ours at least do have a reasonable sized outdoor covered run (8m^2), which is allowed. What they do miss is their fenced off pen within our garden which is about 24m^2.

So to count as “indoors” a run needs to be fully enclosed mesh fencing, and covered so that wild bird droppings cannot enter.

Something like this:
cacbc7b9e03c528ccacfa5a5d9f63127.jpg

With a tarpaulin thrown over the top is fine.
did you know you've locked a bloke in there ? or is there something your not telling us ? looks like he's laying ok though

Do they have a hitching rail at your vaccination centre?
I don't know which vaccination centre Amarillo is sending me to yet. All I know is that its 5 miles away.

Apparently local residents near our closest surgery have asked the council to shut it down as the late vaccinations are causing too many cars to be parked outside their houses in the evenings!

Back