Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vehicle Regn Doc showing Diesel Car

CaliforniaGurl

CaliforniaGurl

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
we have just purchased a VW California Ocean and VR Doc shows it as a Diesel Car, when ringing around for insurance quotes this has been an issue - one broker said that it should show as a “van with windows” if it shows as a diesel car then it means we have a ‘conversion’ (which we dont) - the broker suggested we contacted DVLA to get them to change it???
has anyone else got/had these issues? Be great to hear from you thanks in advance

May also have implications for road tax? As would likely be subject the the luxury car top up?

we have just purchased a VW California Ocean and VR Doc shows it as a Diesel Car, when ringing around for insurance quotes this has been an issue - one broker said that it should show as a “van with windows” if it shows as a diesel car then it means we have a ‘conversion’ (which we dont) - the broker suggested we contacted DVLA to get them to change it???
has anyone else got/had these issues? Be great to hear from you thanks in advance
My V5c shows M1, Diesel Car Body Type Motor Caravan.
Which insurers have you been in contact with?

I have a Beach v5 states diesel car and MPV. But LV insurance had no problem identifying as a camper. It maybe an insrance company issue. Have you tried around.

What year is it? 2019 was a funny year for registration anomalies, or is it a much earlier model?

Last edited:
I think you need to change insurers. Use one that regularly insure campervans. We’ve used Safeguard for more than 10 years. Claimed once. Good company. The broker doesn’t have campervan experience.
Mine also says diesel car etc

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I have a Beach v5 states diesel car and MPV. But LV insurance had no problem identifying as a camper. It maybe an insrance company issue. Have you tried around.
Yes managed to get ins with Aviva, thanks for your help

I think you need to change insurers. Use one that regularly insure campervans. We’ve used Safeguard for more than 10 years. Claimed once. Good company. The broker doesn’t have campervan experience.
Mine also says diesel car etc
Ok thanks, I managed to get it with Aviva now,
What year is it? 2019 was a funny year for registration anomalies, or is it a much earlier model?
Hmmm? Yes its 2019 and Aviva have just insured it so … thanks for input

Back