Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volkswagen Boo Boo with gas hob !!!!!!!!!

Buy saver baked beans in a massive can, it will be cheaper and take longer to cook!

Looks like you are fed up with the van? Sell it, buy something different, and enjoy your holidays.

I've not had an issue so not looked into but does the isolation valve in the kitchen cupboard work as a restrictor if partially open like an inline water valve?

Might give a bit more fine tuning?

Been outside in dark, have tried lowest setting anti- clock to 5 clock .
Then as someone suggested go back to wards off an fine tune , no difference at all .
Had both burners on same time .
One burner on there low flame icon .
The other fine tuned as stated towards off , have use 2 hands to fine tune .
Had both burners an compared , NO DIFFERENCE RULE THAT ONE OUT .

I still want my tin food cooked gently and slowly , not going happen this stuff .

If not going stand an be counted to volkswagen , an dometic .
Nothing ever be done , an others will still pay
70k for a rubbish cooking system.

If you all think that's fair , I don't

Volkswagen at fault here , there specification should have included an auxiliary simmer burner 42mm as required to cook / simmer things slowly on low to medium heat .
Simple as , but they have failed sorry .
Im very meticulous by nature , perfectionist , and any design faults I pick up quickly .

Just shame the powers that be at volkswagen are not like minded

Volkswagen at fault here , there specification should have included an auxiliary simmer burner 42mm as required to cook / simmer things slowly on low to medium heat .
Simple as , but they have failed sorry .
Im very meticulous by nature , perfectionist , and any design faults I pick up quickly .

Just shame the powers that be at volkswagen are not like minded
Especially when 3 burners sizes are readily available at dometic .
Simmer 42mm diameter
Semi rapid 62mm
Rapid 77mm

Even dometic told Me on phone most there hobs have 2 different sizes burners .
Simmer 42mm an semi 62mm .

So why could not volkswagen get this right ????

I’ve got a gadget that enables the heat to be spread evenly throughout the beans whilst they warm up.
It’s a spoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha , so are you an octopus then 8 hands .

I use my other hand to hold frying pan , that leaves one hand to hold sauce pan and stir it as well .
Upon your theory, I'm one ‍♂️ hand short
Most times have 2 burners going, frying pan and a sauce pan

Ha ha , so are you an octopus then 8 hands .

I use my other hand to hold frying pan , that leaves one hand to hold sauce pan and stir it as well .
Upon your theory, I'm one ‍♂️ hand short
Most times have 2 burners going, frying pan and a sauce pan
So, you hold both pans all the time whilst cooking breakfast? ;)
Maybe try cereal instead? Just trying to be helpful.

I always ♥️ have cereal any way before cook breakfast .
Rule that one out as well.
Stand up be counted
Email both volkseagen and dometic as iv done , they not getting away it .
Not for the price they charge !!!!!

My Etrusco has a two burner hob with two different size burners, a dometic extract fan, and a dometic oven/grill and they all work as designed and I am very happy, perhaps you need to look elsewhere for your culinary perfection motor vehicle

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
So why could not volkswagen get this right ????
They got it right for me.
If you can’t heat tinned soup successfully on the California hob, I wonder if you’ve ever cooked anything successfully anywhere.
Hob on lowest setting (if you can’t follow @TwoDogs method above, it doesn’t matter)
Soup in non-stick pan
Pan on flame
Stir as soon as you see steam
Keep stirring
Lift pan off the flame if it’s sticking (it won’t be if you’ve got a non stick pan and are stirring)
When the soup is hot, it’s ready.
The soup can be eaten cold. Heating it longer will not improve the piquancy of that factory sh1te. But if you must do exactly as it says on the tin, keep stirring and lift the pan off if it’s getting too hot. The temperature of the soup will continue to rise.The flame is a tool, you don’t have to just leave your pan on it.
If you want to cook rather than reheat, Ramsay explains how to use the flame to scramble eggs perfectly. If he prefers to use a high flame for that delicate operation I’m sure you can work out how to warm up some soup on the lowest flame.
Bon appetit!

You could do as it says on the tin
Stir frequently.

What ever happened to stirring the food whilst heating it up? Call me old fashioned but that’s what we do! :eek::D

Back