Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California DELAYS - A letter From VW to its Dealers

Bumble The Van

Bumble The Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
This is what VW have given to its dealers this week just a heads up i hope this may help anyone waiting - like me!!!

Dear Tour Centre Colleagues,
An unplanned two-week closure of the T6.1 California factory last month has unfortunately created a backlog of around 70 UK vehicles which were originally planned to be despatched in February and March.

These vehicles have completed their initial manufacturing process in our Hanover factory and are waiting for final fit-out in the California facility so we are aiming for a speedy output hereafter.

To ensure the backlog can be recovered promptly and we continue to maximise production volumes of T6.1 California in times of very high demand, the California factory is now operating a third shift to speed the recovery process and keep pace with the continued demand.

Discussions are underway between VWCV UK and our factory colleagues in Hanover to determine what this means for each specific order. We will share an update early next week so you can continue to keep our mutual customers informed accordingly.

Thank you in anticipation of your understanding during these unusual and unpredictable times.

Regards

Vehicle Supply Team

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Yeomans Drive, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN

Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited

This is what VW have given to its dealers this week just a heads up i hope this may help anyone waiting - like me!!!

An unplanned two-week closure of the T6.1 California factory last month has unfortunately created a backlog of around 70 UK vehicles which were originally planned to be despatched in February and March.

These vehicles have completed their initial manufacturing process in our Hanover factory and are waiting for final fit-out in the California facility so we are aiming for a speedy output hereafter.

To ensure the backlog can be recovered promptly and we continue to maximise production volumes of T6.1 California in times of very high demand, the California factory is now operating a third shift to speed the recovery process and keep pace with the continued demand.

Discussions are underway between VWCV UK and our factory colleagues in Hanover to determine what this means for each specific order. We will share an update early next week so you can continue to keep our mutual customers informed accordingly.

Thank you in anticipation of your understanding during these unusual and unpredictable times.

Regards

Vehicle Supply Team

That’s really helpful - thank you for sharing. I think my vehicle is one of the 70 and it’s good to know about the third shift etc.

Regards

Vehicle Supply Team

Thanks very much. The most welcome words in there are 'third shift', but a close second is 'mutual customers'. Sometimes it seems the dealers are fractured from the supply chain..."sorry the computer just says no"...

Thanks very much. The most welcome words in there are 'third shift', but a close second is 'mutual customers'. Sometimes it seems the dealers are fractured from the supply chain..."sorry the computer just says no"...
well said ;)

Thank you jim for the update.
It's disgusting when it's left to forum members to keep purchasers informed of what's going on.
We change our Cali regularly and never get any information voluntarily from the dealer about their build status, or any productinon problems. Perhaps it's now time to use DtD, but I really would still like to support a dealer, that I thought cared about me, as what I am, a very good customer.
1 of the 70

It's disgusting when it's left to forum members to keep purchasers informed of what's going on.
We change our Cali regularly and never get any information voluntarily from the dealer about their build status, or any productinon problems. Perhaps it's now time to use DtD, but I really would still like to support a dealer, that I thought cared about me, as what I am, a very good customer.
1 of the 70
Seems to me that times have changed, and DtD have exposed the max discount available. The downside of having to call the dealer, rather than a monthly soft-soap from them (who are irregularly kept informed themselves) seems worth £8000. Shame though, I prefer the olden days...

Seems to me that times have changed, and DtD have exposed the max discount available. The downside of having to call the dealer, rather than a monthly soft-soap from them (who are irregularly kept informed themselves) seems worth £8000. Shame though, I prefer the olden days...
call me daft but sorry what is Dtd? please

Drive the Deal - online car purchase site, they match up buyers with dealers

call me daft but sorry what is Dtd? please
Drive the Deal. Similar to AutoEbid. Broker type service to purchase new vehicles at a discount, rather than dealing with the dealers direct.

Drive the Deal. Similar to AutoEbid. Broker type service to purchase new vehicles at a discount, rather than dealing with the dealers direct.
aha right thank you for that

When ordering our latest California, l spoke to the dealer who said he supplied ALL the vehicles for DtD. He said earlier this year, he had taken over 100 orders!
It's a shame other dealers are either not being given the chance to get these orders, or not willing to be competitive. We might well find ourselves with a diminished dealer network, that are even less helpful should you run into problems than they often are now.

Luckily our dealer matched Drive the deal price.

Timely thread. Just to say my experience with AutoEbid thus far is that they regularly contact me to give me updates (in fact they actually chase the dealer _for me_ if they are slow to respond).

In fact I was just called to update me on my expected build and delivery timeline (which has slipped from the initial 'June' to 'July/August') which is what I expected when I placed the order.

Timely thread. Just to say my experience with AutoEbid thus far is that they regularly contact me to give me updates (in fact they actually chase the dealer _for me_ if they are slow to respond).

In fact I was just called to update me on my expected build and delivery timeline (which has slipped from the initial 'June' to 'July/August') which is what I expected when I placed the order.
I wish I'd gone with AutoeBid rather than DtD tbh. I get nothing from DtD, and they were less than £100 cheaper than AeB. Mind me asking which dealer you ended up with? Perhaps its them who are updating AeB... Eurovans Crawley never update anyone...

I wish I'd gone with AutoeBid rather than DtD tbh. I get nothing from DtD, and they were less than £100 cheaper than AeB. Mind me asking which dealer you ended up with? Perhaps its them who are updating AeB... Eurovans Crawley never update anyone...
I tried to DM you but I couldn't work out how to do it. If you send me a message (not sure if possible on this forum, I'll reply) Would prefer not to say here.

I tried to DM you but I couldn't work out how to do it. If you send me a message (not sure if possible on this forum, I'll reply) Would prefer not to say here.
I think you need to be a VIP member to DM.
No worries.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Just ordered an Ocean, not in any rush for it for obvious reasons but was told not to expect anything before October. Wondering what effect the third wave of CV in Germany will have on that though.

Just ordered an Ocean, not in any rush for it for obvious reasons but was told not to expect anything before October. Wondering what effect the third wave of CV in Germany will have on that though.
I can't see it doing anything but delay builds further. Europe generally is in real dire straits this week from an infections perspective.

1 of the 70
Try another dealer. For me, they add value. Sometimes the specs on the California is confusing. You choose one option and it deletes another, or the German to English translation is off. I can remember "wing door" for example. I use Breeze Poole and Tom @Tomdbreeze is their expert who actually knows about the California options. He regularly guides me with my California purchases.

I get regular video updates from them. Sometimes it's just to say that there is no news that week but it's welcome anyway.

When ordering our latest California, l spoke to the dealer who said he supplied ALL the vehicles for DtD. He said earlier this year, he had taken over 100 orders!
It's a shame other dealers are either not being given the chance to get these orders, or not willing to be competitive. We might well find ourselves with a diminished dealer network, that are even less helpful should you run into problems than they often are now.
I think the answer might be to modernise the pricing. Gtechniq (premium ceramic paint coating) don’t allow any discounting. The price is the price. If DtD can get 12% off, isn’t that the price all should be charged?

If DtD can get 12% off, isn’t that the price all should be charged?
They, like certain dealers offering the best discounts sell in much larger volumes all year round. A smaller dealership that only sold a couple of Calis per year wouldn't bother if their margins were as small.

I think the answer might be to modernise the pricing. Gtechniq (premium ceramic paint coating) don’t allow any discounting. The price is the price. If DtD can get 12% off, isn’t that the price all should be charged?
Do DtD get 12%?
We were offered 10% when we ordered last.

Try another dealer. For me, they add value. Sometimes the specs on the California is confusing. You choose one option and it deletes another, or the German to English translation is off. I can remember "wing door" for example. I use Breeze Poole and Tom @Tomdbreeze is their expert who actually knows about the California options. He regularly guides me with my California purchases.

I get regular video updates from them. Sometimes it's just to say that there is no news that week but it's welcome anyway.
You get regular video updates ! Wow. I never even get a phone call. In fact phoned yesterday first thing. No salesman available, asked for a call back. You guessed it, no call.
Tom at Breeze will definitely get a call when I order our T7.

Do DtD get 12%?
We were offered 10% when we ordered last.
The discount they publish change's depending on what vwfs incentives are. I think that's a bit cheeky of them. It's not a DTD discount, it's VW's!

Back