Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW dealer discounts

Being a cash buyer is no longer a good position to be in, I was in car sales up until last year and if a customer is taking finance we could do much better offers due the commission we get from the finance house. However saying that we got 10% on our Cali after about 30 minutes of negotiation!

Best of luck

The first dealer I went to just bullsh**ed me with the rareness and iconic image of the Cali and because of that he claimed he could sell all the vehicles he could get at list price so I walked out leaving him with several hours of wasted time with me (2 visits with test drive, discussions, specing, pricing etc.). His loss.

The second dealer had a lot less work to do. After a test drive, the price was generated with all the accessories that I wanted. The dealer listened and understood that I expected to do a deal that afternoon and came up with 7% discount as an opener. I wanted a bit more and after mentioning drive the deal I got more than I expected. He was happy because he saved paying commission and I was happy to deal direct with the dealer and shook hands.

It helps if you know what discount can be had and if you subtly let the dealer now too. There's always someone else to go to if he doesn't play ball.

You can do better than that. And do you already own a VW?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, I agree. I have recently visited two more dealerships and have been offered two fantastic deals. I am choosing the best over the weekend before placing an order on Tuesday.

Yes, I agree. I have recently visited two more dealerships and have been offered two fantastic deals. I am choosing the best over the weekend before placing an order on Tuesday.
T6 asked about VW ownership because existing owners get additional loyalty bonus of £1000 off the pre-VAT price until 31st March - V5 required to prove 90-days ownership.

Just be aware you probably won't see your Cali until the end of summer.

Yes, they did say delivery would be approx four to six months.
Excellent. Trust me plenty of things to research in the meantime and it takes however long it takes, no rushing it.

Good spot.

Looks like the servicing packages are still there too, if you take the finance.

Daft question....do Vw commercial take VW Passenger cars in part exchange ?
Currently have a Tiguan on a 3 year PCP..ending this year and thinking about a California..

Expect they will take just about anything but I doubt you would get a very good price. In my experience if it's not something they can stick on their own forecourt they will just pass it through the trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daft question....do Vw commercial take VW Passenger cars in part exchange ?
Currently have a Tiguan on a 3 year PCP..ending this year and thinking about a California..

We were told yes they will and I'll be getting a part ex quote from them nearer to delivery time but we were warned by the dealer that sometimes you can get a better price from that well known car buying website which doesn't fill me with confidence for a good price from either place.

We were told yes they will and I'll be getting a part ex quote from them nearer to delivery time but we were warned by the dealer that sometimes you can get a better price from that well known car buying website which doesn't fill me with confidence for a good price from either place.
We had a p/x value on our Golf from our dealer but it wasn't hugely attractive as you'd expect. I actually sold our Golf to 'that well known car buying place' just today for £1k more than the proposed p/x value. I was very happy (read surprised) with the process ...and I got within spitting distance of the relatively high online valuation they gave on their website.

My Dealer offered £13,000 part ex for my Land Rover Defender. We Buy any Car offered £16,000 which I accepted. I could have got a bit more with a private sale but couldn't be bothered with the hastle.

and I got within spitting distance of the relatively high online valuation they gave on their website.

I got exactly the on line valuation which really surprised me, no quibbles no ifs, no buts.
A bit strange leaving the car at a rented office space at East Midlands Airport with some paperwork and a promise to put the money in my account in 3 working days but it all worked fine.

Thanks for the replies , looks like I've got some options to consider..like make the final payment (balloon) on my Tiguan , then try that car buying site to get a price and use that for a deposit on a T6...
I just wondered if you could transfer one PCP to another, so use some the collateral built up on my Tiguan as a deposit against a PCP on a California? Time for a dealer visit...

It looks like Drive the Deal aren't listing Californias at the moment. Does that mean they're just renegotiating price discounts?

It looks like Drive the Deal aren't listing Californias at the moment. Does that mean they're just renegotiating price discounts?

Or maybe the utter confusion and unrealistic lead times is causing them issues?

I tried four or five dealers in different parts of the country, but didn't light anyone's fire, before finding Mark Wheelright at West Yorkshire. Great deal and a very helpful and knowledgeable person to deal with.