Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Discounts avaliable?

C

cowboyengineer

Vehicle
Looking to buy
So I’m thinking of putting an order in. Either for a beach camper or an ocean. I know they are quite different but I have not quite decided what mix of camper/van I want.

I think I specced an ocean up to 77k and a beach up to 65k

it’s difficult not being able to go to the dealer and actually sit down and talk through the spec.

so are any discounts to be had?

Try Autoebid and Drive the Deal. I thought 10% was about the going rate on Oceans at the moment. Not sure you will achieve the same on a new Beach though.

Others will no doubt pitch in. Good luck!

So I’m thinking of putting an order in. Either for a beach camper or an ocean. I know they are quite different but I have not quite decided what mix of camper/van I want.

I think I specced an ocean up to 77k and a beach up to 65k

it’s difficult not being able to go to the dealer and actually sit down and talk through the spec.

so are any discounts to be had?
Try ‘Drive The Deal’ put your spec’ in their online configurator.

I went via Drive the deal, skeptic at first, however, all well and my Cali is just about to leave production. As Grumpy Grandad use the online configurator to spec up, quite good. I got 73k Cali Ocean for 64k ish. Be prepared for a follow up call from DTD, also see the VW order before 02/12 for brexit tax protection

I too was sceptical about DTD but it was painless. (We bought a Skoda)

Dealer discounts vary wildly - in my experience I was offered between 2% and 10% at VW dealers.

As per the above posts, there is a game to be played and a deal to be done. Start with a Drive the Deal quotation in your hand (or as its 2020, in your email) and use that as the baseline/target. Mention this forum and that you have done your own research (assuming you have).

During September 2020 I was offered 0% (yes zero) to -10% from various dealers. All my local dealers were at the thin end of the range. So I went further afield - down South to a Motor Group

I have a contact regularly getting 25% discount on VWCV (not Cali's) so don't lose any sleep playing hard ball.

Enjoy the specification journey!

As per the above posts, there is a game to be played and a deal to be done. Start with a Drive the Deal quotation in your hand (or as its 2020, in your email) and use that as the baseline/target. Mention this forum and that you have done your own research (assuming you have).

During September 2020 I was offered 0% (yes zero) to -10% from various dealers. All my local dealers were at the thin end of the range. So I went further afield - down South to a Motor Group

I have a contact regularly getting 25% discount on VWCV (not Cali's) so don't lose any sleep playing hard ball.

Enjoy the specification journey!
Agree, none of us should be losing any sleep. As you say, we have to play them at their own game. It may be a sellers market but they still need us buyers.
Local (Midlands) dealers were very disappointing, either very poor offers or not bothering to get back to me (really! But Liverpool did that too). I’m not really looking forward to even going to my local dealer for warranty and service work - maybe I’ll have an excuse for a trip out to the Lakes seeing as though I’ve ordered from Preston.

I have to laugh with dealers....because the demand is high their attentive service levels have dropped and their willingness to do any sort of deal. This I feel is going to bite them in the butt once the recession kicks in and they will regret not doing better deals and getting even more orders in.

In my experience so far and having dealt with a couple of dealers regards prices and doing a deal to order a new one, I will probably just go straight to Drivethedeal or Autoebid....its just less hassle and a lot cheaper.

I went in to a dealer (I won't name names!) a few months ago to look at the Cali...told him I was serious about ordering one and mentioned drive the deal and if they would match it....he did say they would most likely match it to get the order. Roll on 2 weeks ago and I messaged them to say I was about to order with Drivethedeal and out of courtesy thought I'd give them the chance to give me a price so at least I'm supporting the local(ish) main dealer....they asked me to send over the DTD quote, which I did.....I then never heard back from them...not even to say they couldn't match it, or to say they can get close..sell the benefits of going with a dealer etc...or anything.

At the moment for them its easy come easy go with huge demand...but that won't last forever. You'd think with the impending massive recession looming, they would be fighting hand and tooth to get every sale possible as next year they may be desperate for any sale.

Needless to say, I'll be ordering via DTD, just waiting to see any Brexit/Tax news next week.

I have to laugh with dealers....because the demand is high their attentive service levels have dropped and their willingness to do any sort of deal. This I feel is going to bite them in the butt once the recession kicks in and they will regret not doing better deals and getting even more orders in.

In my experience so far and having dealt with a couple of dealers regards prices and doing a deal to order a new one, I will probably just go straight to Drivethedeal or Autoebid....its just less hassle and a lot cheaper.

I went in to a dealer (I won't name names!) a few months ago to look at the Cali...told him I was serious about ordering one and mentioned drive the deal and if they would match it....he did say they would most likely match it to get the order. Roll on 2 weeks ago and I messaged them to say I was about to order with Drivethedeal and out of courtesy thought I'd give them the chance to give me a price so at least I'm supporting the local(ish) main dealer....they asked me to send over the DTD quote, which I did.....I then never heard back from them...not even to say they couldn't match it, or to say they can get close..sell the benefits of going with a dealer etc...or anything.

At the moment for them its easy come easy go with huge demand...but that won't last forever. You'd think with the impending massive recession looming, they would be fighting hand and tooth to get every sale possible as next year they may be desperate for any sale.

Needless to say, I'll be ordering via DTD, just waiting to see any Brexit/Tax news next week.

Try SMG Tonbridge

Give me a shout on 01202 713038 and I can see what I can do.

Sales talk. Doesnt work on me. Spent 2hrs in BMWs quite a few years back. Guy said he could and no matter what he tapped into the calculator he wasnt even close. Ended up walking out and buying the car that I was telling him that I was going to buy over the phone the next day. Lost a subsquent £50k + sale by not returning my emails a few months later when I gave him another opportunity.

I had bought two cars from the dealership previously and I subsquently bumped into the commercial sales director, who had sold me those two vehicles on his rise up the ranks, at a cooporate event and he was furious. Whilst he no longer dealt with retail I could deal with him direct. The other dealership was great so we bought our replacement there until we moved away from the BMW brand.

Bought the last 2 of our 3 vehicles online. We tried to buy locally for the Cali but they just weren't interested so we bought it from North Wales VW.

I achieved 10.5% discount 2018 high specification Ocean, but i had to haggle hard for it. The Cali is a comdatity so where you buy from should be based on price. No matter how friendly the sales person may seem don't be fooled they are not your friend. Focus on the bottom line price offered not the % discount offered. Dealers inflate charges and some option prices , especially those provided by the dealership, so as to offer a bigger % discount. Good luck.

Nice. Just noticed your Defender on the other post. Double nice!

I keep coming back to a Defender PHEV to replace my V8 D3 and Outlander PHEV but trying to find the right moment to buy.......arghhhhh. Dithering

Back