Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Emissions Scandal & The VW California

How about converting your Cali to cow power?

Advantages:
1. Cows produce lots of methane.
2. You wouldn't need to buy milk.
3. If it breaks down you can eat it and get an udder one.
4. You would have two spare horns
5. The perfect lawn mower to keep the grass down around your pitch.
6. You wouldn't need the 907 gas cylinder.
7. The cow would mask the noise from the moo valve.

Disadvantages:
1. You would have to stuff your cupboards full of cow snacks.
2. You couldn't use the table with the cow in the back.
3. You would definitely need seat covers.

I think there is already more than enough Bullsh*t on this thread :D (I'll include myself in that:bananadance)

My 2015 Cali 114 HP, registered in UK since I moved back here in the spring, of course has the same positive 'you are OK' message from the UK site that you've all been gettting. The Danish VW site - (I bought the vehicle in DK) - identifies the vehicle correctly but says 'we can't find it on our naughty list but we see you have the affected type of engine. We advise you to check with the dealer, and we'll say more at the end of October'. So whether the Danes are being more cautious/ too cautious/ prudent/ honest or whatever in assessing what's what, remains to be seen. But it is DVLA who license the vehicle now, and it's up to them to tell me if I need to change something, either directly, or via VW.

Anyway, 24 excellent nights so far in the first 5 months: and very happy.

Just checked on VW website to see if my Cali 4motion is affected by emissions, you can type in your vin number and it tells you. Mine was all clear that's if they got that software right :)

Just checked on VW website to see if my Cali 4motion is affected by emissions, you can type in your vin number and it tells you. Mine was all clear that's if they got that software right :)

The software is ok, it contains a "defeat" device designed to defeat people worrying :shocked

You will have to wait for a whistle blower to scream "we fooled you" before finding out that you are single handedly responsible for the planet's imminent death.

Looking like all the Cali's are coming up defeat device free. Problem I see now, at least for me, is do I know buy any diesel vehicle. Negative sentiment to them can only grow from here and I am going to struggle to justify spending 50k+ on one. Very disappointed and hoping I am wrong and things improve.

Interestingly I had a call from from VWCS tonight to inform me my vehicle was not affected....(I already knew anyway from the online check) .....as I have three other VWs asked about the others and was told it only applies to vehicles 2009 onwards....anyway, nice to get call ! :)

Yep , just heard on Belgian evening news : even NEW -VW engines also been manipulated.(2015-2016 the ones ready for delivery soon)
Did check my2012 140bhp. Cali's VIN -nr on VW website and was responded non affected .
But who belives that these days...

Apparently the launch of 2016 VWs in the States has been delayed due to naughty software in the new ones.
Just had a letter from Skoda to say that our Yeti is affected (infected :() and a software undate will be required "sometime" in the future.

Nice, the German dealers have raised the prices on the California !?!. The 204HP 4-motion is now 400€ more than a week ago!?

But, it now comes standard with Comfort package with the proper dashboard, Thank you :)

Nice, the German dealers have raised the prices on the California !?!. The 204HP 4-motion is now 400€ more than a week ago!?
Someone's got to pay for the value added 'software' changes...

BMW have recently been doing a recall for a vague issue requiring a software update too... plus other manufacturers are now looking like they may have been up to similar. As suspected its the tip of the iceberg.

We shouldn't be too surprised though, setup specific lab tests on emissions with very specific factors then you can't really be surprised when the vehicles are created to pass under those conditions.

If the tests were more real world we might have vehicles created to pass the real world tests.

Anyone watch Panorama tonight about VW emissions?

Yes. It would appear they are not alone.

Yes. I don't understand why they appeared surprised that when they ran a normal type driving higher speed run the emmisions increased. Special subject "stating the bleeding obvious" surely.
As we all know the tests are completely unrealistic for normal use. They are all run using premium fuels as well as things like folding the mirrors in etc.
Seemed a bit biased towards diesel bashing to me.
Has it really affected sales and values much? Depends what you read. A lot of it seems to be written by non motoring journalists who recognise a good story and keep it going.

They could've tested a new VW Euro 6 instead of a GM one. That would have been interesting

An engineer who works in automotive testing says the programme was full of incorrect info. He apparently spent the whole time cursing the tv ;-)

Better put the petrol engine back in that T25 Matt :D

Back