Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Emissions Scandal & The VW California

It's probably just looking for numbers that match up against their database. I'm sure it's genuine, but anyone got a diesel Golf of about 2012 to try?
Of course if it's just checking against a county specific list there may be a problem - still have to wait for the UK site to offer the service if that's the case.

Perhaps it's programmed to say that :mute

OK, which kids mums have an EA189 VW Golf then? And which have a VW California? ;)

VW Kids.jpg

They deserve *everything* that is coming to them. Sums them up TBH, absolute shameless, manipulating, cheating, greedy bunch of *******.

And what will you buy ???? When all other manufacturers are exposed? I'd suggest you take up walking or cycling

Would you mind putting you VIN in the website Marchugo put up and let us know what it says!?
Hi,
I just put my VIN number in the above German site and it came back ok, i then started to play around altering my VIN letters and numbers, but putting in the 17 letters/numbers required--and low and behold my made up vin number came back ok. I did this several times, with the same result
How strange, seems to me like a very generic response indeed!

So according to the BBC, all the vehicles that have been emissions tested in the real world are upto 4 X higher than the official Manufacturers figures measured under the EU defined laboratory tests.
These real world tests were upto 40 X the Californian (USA) limits.

I tryed not to take part in all this panic , but since the VW scam suddenly the eco labels on electric divices are not telling the truth ....today in Belgian newspaper , the food labels are fooling us ....
EVERYTHING is set to hand getting better results regarding those things , there is just to much money involved !
Money makes the world go round not emmision labels , sugar- free labels or green standards....
We are just paws on a chessboard......

Personally I'm not too bothered by all this hype but just wanted to post up this link for those that are ! I'm sure this sort of thing has been going on for years.

The only good that may come out of this sorry affair is that standards and testing may well become more realistic in future - this could be across more that the car industry. In the end that would benefit all us consumers as we will get what it states on the tin. As had been eluded to before this is not confined to just VW or just the car industry.

Apparently my Samsung Television has fiddled eco performance figures.

I think the directors should go to prison, or worse forced to watch 12 episodes of East Enders :shocked

Apparently my Samsung Television has fiddled eco performance figures.

I think the directors should go to prison, or worse forced to watch 12 episodes of East Enders :shocked
Or Corrie

Thank you Suomi man for the URL. I have just checked Vernon’s chassis number and he is not affected by the NOx software mod. For anyone else, Vernon is a 2015 SE, so I one would expect all of this build to be the same. Thanks

My cali is ok as a 2009 prefacelift but I've checked my transporter which is a 2011 140ps and it says that is OK as well. I was expecting it to be one of the affected so hope the message is correct

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Owners may want to try this link;

http://info.volkswagen.de/de/de/home...=check-own-car

General consensus on the T4 Forum is that transporters are ok but not so good for caddy owners, so looks like this link does actually work for info on VIN numbers, but who really knows with VW ???
Google translates beautifully."We assure you that we on the path of enlightenment and go transparency consistently."

I checked my Caili on the VW UK website today.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo

This was the response I got for my March 2014 180 Cali

Dear Volkswagen customer,

We wish to confirm that your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you submitted, is not affected by software that causes discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs.

Yours faithfully,

Volkswagen.

I checked my Caili on the VW UK website today.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo

This was the response I got for my March 2014 180 Cali

Dear Volkswagen customer,

We wish to confirm that your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you submitted, is not affected by software that causes discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs.

Yours faithfully,

Volkswagen.
Thanks for the link.

I put in the details of my Passat and it has been confirmed as being effected by the software. It also states that Volkswagen will cover the cost relating directly to the repair which VW are working at full speed to find a technical solution.

VW will be in touch directly to explain what steps are required

Mines clear.:thumb

Hi All,

I spoke to VW yesterday and my vehicle 180DSG does not have the defeat software.

I asked the VW Customer Service chap if the software was random but he said it was specific to the engine so.....Based on the feedback on the website....

180PS seems to be in the clear
140PS seems to be in the clear
114PS has anyone tried?

If the 114PS is in the clear I would suggest all California's will be in the clear.

I believe the earlier engines prior to 2009 were EU4 engines (130PS TDI / 174PS) so are not affected.

regards,

Mark

Just checked my 2012 Touran 1.6 tdi and found that it is affected. Fingers crossed and I'll be able to get a bit more discount on my T6 order! ;)

Last edited:
Just checked mine.

2015 California 180PS.

The VW VIN check website says its clear i.e. "....is not affected by software that causes discrepancies...".

Fingers crossed for everyone else and the reputation of the Cali.

Back