Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

vw fuel additive

i will tell them not to bother then

Hi Kev
What cost did VW quote?

The additive will not harm and may improve so based on cost I would consider

Cost being less than £10 ?

Additives claim to fix all ills but in reality none can do all things some are targeted.

There is an interesting YouTube 5th gear did using Redex in an old car, very surprising results, verified on rolling road!

google “redex tests” and it should come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s included with my service plan but I will find out on the day

If it were free(included) have it done

If your going to get a bill of more than £10 probably not worth it’s you can buy a product for less than £10 and dose it yourself

Interested to know what VW tell you it’s for ( given VW Gurus response) a if they charge how much and how they justify the cost ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get why you would buy cheap fuel in France and then spend more money on an additive which is already in branded fuel.
How would I get around without fuel? It isn't much different cost wise now with the lower pound to euro rate.
I also add it here on standard fuel from whichever source. Fill up with Shell V Power before leaving UK and on return.
Branded forecourt price is probably more expensive there than in UK now.

My choice, especially after reading about the 180 problems and it's a small price to possibly prevent any future problems. Other factors also led to my decision such as a friends Mondeo failing its MOT on emissions and needing a £1750 injector replacement, not an old banger.

Back