Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a T4 California?

A note regarding the side window above the kitchen unit. When the seals fail, water leaks in and runs down the inside of the B pillar and gets into the heater control unt eventually corroding the terminals.
Both the seal and the control unit are obsolete.

The first editions have a lap seat belt.

The pop out window didn't last. First and last editions got sliding windows.

View attachment 83006
You just open the battery cupboard, left in the trunk/boot. Unscrew the screws first.

I don't know: no T4 westfalia california in Europe has this.

Greetings
Calibusje
I got in there and confirmed what you are saying. Mine doe snot have a nice door like that but rather I had to disassemble things to remeove the entire wall there. But just the same, the bettery is there. I see your image shows a setup for two batteries. Mine has just one battery, but room for two. I think I will work a bracket to hold two, and install two in poarallel there. I mean, while I've got everything apart and being as I'd need to use two new batteries to do it anyway.

Thank you very much for the photo and your patience!

I'll also crawl under it. I imagine the wastewater tank is in the BACK, and maybe there is a drain valve under it, not just the port to suck water out.
The drain valve is there. That extra port at the back of the van is to connect to a fresh water line. Draining appears to be only via the port beneath the van, as you indicated. Thank you!

A note regarding the side window above the kitchen unit. When the seals fail, water leaks in and runs down the inside of the B pillar and gets into the heater control unt eventually corroding the terminals.
Both the seal and the control unit are obsolete.
A good solution is to replace the rubber strip that's around the window (originals can be found online sometimes but non-orignals will do just fine) and drench everything in 'vaseline' (petroleum jelly). For me it worked brilliantly, even without replacing the rubber.I describe (with photos, in english) how to do so here.

Back