Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Want to place a new order, where's best to deal with in the Midlands?

.....You can change the specification after you have placed the order and deposit in....
Is that the case for normal (via dealer) orders too do you know? We’ve ordered last week and so far have been happy with the spec we ordered, but we were discussing some stuff this week and just wondered how much hassle is it to change anything? Hopefully we won’t need to but just in case....

Is that the case for normal (via dealer) orders too do you know? We’ve ordered last week and so far have been happy with the spec we ordered, but we were discussing some stuff this week and just wondered how much hassle is it to change anything? Hopefully we won’t need to but just in case....
We changed ours within a couple of days and it was fine. The guy said it was very common. Might be more problematic as you get to build date though.

We changed ours within a couple of days and it was fine. The guy said it was very common. Might be more problematic as you get to build date though.
Thanks. We’ve been thinking about it for weeks and pretty sure we’ve got what we want ordered anyway. I certainly don’t want to create any delays.

I was pleased with Preston. I have a pre. reg van that had only done 15mls when we collected it and some of that was my test drive. It was the cheapest place I found for a van and was worth going that far to collect it. When I collected the van I went to Preston by train and they paid my taxi fair to the site. We also had a tow bar fitted later that year , they were very flexible on when we had it done.

I was pleased with Preston. I have a pre. reg van that had only done 15mls when we collected it and some of that was my test drive. It was the cheapest place I found for a van and was worth going that far to collect it. When I collected the van I went to Preston by train and they paid my taxi fair to the site. We also had a tow bar fitted later that year , they were very flexible on when we had it done.
Pre Reg is where you can get some goods deals - if you time it right.

As others have said, if you are prepared to travel then you might find a bargain.

When i placed my order via DTD (Crawley) they assumed it was going to be a financed /pcp deal and quoted accordingly. However i got collared for an extra £500 on the quoted price as i told them i was not intending a financed deal!

When i placed my order via DTD (Crawley) they assumed it was going to be a financed /pcp deal and quoted accordingly. However i got collared for an extra £500 on the quoted price as i told them i was not intending a financed deal!
That is BS. This is the problem with DTD. You have to know everything before you hand over that deposit. Whereas the salesman just wants it through and done ASAP. Actually in the long run it damages their reputation.

That is BS. This is the problem with DTD. You have to know everything before you hand over that deposit. Whereas the salesman just wants it through and done ASAP. Actually in the long run it damages their reputation.
When I did my quote with Autobid i was given two priceS Cost of goods I.e van base price + cost options - discounts, one with PCP the other without. The total with PCP attracted a larger discount. Obviously by the time the cost of credit is added it doesn’t work out cheaper.

When I did my quote with Autobid i was given two priceS Cost of goods I.e van base price + cost options - discounts, one with PCP the other without. The total with PCP attracted a larger discount. Obviously by the time the cost of credit is added it doesn’t work out cheaper.
I think you can buy it on PCP get the extra discount and pay it off within 14 days at no charge. We did this with our last Audi.

Afternoon all,

I have been lurking on here for a week or so now, reading all your valuable views and generally whetting my appetite for California ownership.
I have been onto VW site and campared prices with Drive the Deal and AutoEbid etc. which has enabled me to use 'man maths' and i can just about justify the outlay for what i hope to be a 4 year purchase, but only if i can get the deal.

Where have you been able to get the dealers to price match in the Midlands area please? I have spoken with my nearest dealers, Leicester, and they have offered 2-3% and laughed at me when i ask about price matching.

I would be using the PCP offer currently (gutted to miss the previous offer) so this could still be a lucrative order for the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Simon
Hi we bought our Ocean last year from Liverpool and they were 5k cheaper than the next cheapest quote, ask for John Mason.

We live in Leicester and we bought from Guy in Preston. We just dealt directly with him and got a really good deal (similar to the autoebid quote which we didn't go with or even mention as Guy gave us a great quote straightaway). We just emailed the spec and he emailed a price back. That was back in October 2018 and van delivered in February 2019. Leicester offered us no discount at all.

We live in Leicester and we bought from Guy in Preston. We just dealt directly with him and got a really good deal (similar to the autoebid quote which we didn't go with or even mention as Guy gave us a great quote straightaway). We just emailed the spec and he emailed a price back. That was back in October 2018 and van delivered in February 2019. Leicester offered us no discount at all.

Do you happen to have Guy's email address please. There does seem to be a majority who have got a good deal from Preston.

@ClanTimmins Dont suppose you drove through Melton Mowbray last weekend?

Have been to Coventry today and was offered a reasonable discount, that apparently left them with little/no margin. Will await the phone call on Monday to try and secure a deal.
But, they did have lovely (massively overpriced in my opinion) demo they have up for sale, and were very open to allowing a test drive in a T6.1 kombi as that was all they had.

Sorry for double post but sent it before i had finished typing!

Do you happen to have Guy's email address please. There does seem to be a majority who have got a good deal from Preston.

@ClanTimmins Dont suppose you drove through Melton Mowbray last weekend?
Hi!
We do have his email address. It's g.vincent@lancashirevwcv.co.uk
Good luck with ordering you California! And no we didn't drive through Melton Mowbray last weekend!

Hi!
We do have his email address. It's g.vincent@lancashirevwcv.co.uk
Good luck with ordering you California! And no we didn't drive through Melton Mowbray last weekend!
Many thanks, i will send off an email shortly.

No worries, saw from your profile pic you are two tone, there was one came past mine last weekend as my Bay window was leaving with its new owner, must of been a sign.

Thanks for all the help, i have today paid the deposit for a California Ocean, ordered through Swansway Preston with Guy Vincent.
Really easy process and got, what i think, is a great deal.

Now the waiting begins, oh and the fingers crossed about avoiding the New Year taxation changes!

Thanks for all the help, i have today paid the deposit for a California Ocean, ordered through Swansway Preston with Guy Vincent.
Really easy process and got, what i think, is a great deal.

Now the waiting begins, oh and the fingers crossed about avoiding the New Year taxation changes!
Excellent stuff!! We ordered with Guy last week so are crossing fingers too! Shame we are both having to travel but if Leicester won’t budge I wasn’t going to pay thousands more just because they are local.

We approached Leicester with the AutoEBid quote and they just laughed at us!. We ended up going through AutoEbid and are getting ours from Guy at Swansway VW, Preston, Lancs. Really helpful and cant fault there service at the moment, just been given a week 43 build date so when it arrives we will go up on the train, if we are not in lockdown again :eek:
Can I ask what date you ordered for the week 43 build?

Cheers

And is it me or have the options changed recently?

1600862018128.png

I ordered on 19th August. Response i got last week was the 2021 model was pushing order back. Yes the landing page for the California has changed, perhaps to reflect the 21 changes?

I think you can buy it on PCP get the extra discount and pay it off within 14 days at no charge. We did this with our last Audi.
We've done this on our last two California's with no problem, but you now have two pay a minimum six monthly payments.This negates the advantage.

We've done this on our last two California's with no problem, but you now have two pay a minimum six monthly payments.This negates the advantage.
Really ? Wasnt the case a few months ago when i bough my Audi. . Its covered by the credit act ie cooling off period within the 14days. EA to thank for this. What they tell you (wish) and what the legislation is arent one and the same. Do you have the amended wording from the finance agreement ?

View attachment 66771

I ordered on 19th August. Response i got last week was the 2021 model was pushing order back. Yes the landing page for the California has changed, perhaps to reflect the 21 changes?
Thanks for confirming, definitely going to hit the 10% tax then, cheers BoJo! (not)

Back