Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wardrobe and packing cubes

Large ebags from Amazon fit perfectly in both the wardrobe and drawer. We're still working out which suits us best

Will measure tomorrow morning. I have also Velcro'd hanging wall pockets against the side which slopes slightly making the most of that space. I also use packing cubes. One for socks and undies, one for tops and one for bottoms. I keep one bag with a complete emergency outfit as I get really cold if I get wet or want to get out of cycling kit. Two extra large zip lock bags 1 with travel towels and another with kikoy/sarongs. Still have tonnes of space left. Have kitchen hooks on the rail for anything I need to hang up. Would you like pictures ?

IMG_4619.JPG IMG_4618.JPG IMG_4617.JPG IMG_4616.JPG
Will measure tomorrow morning. I have also Velcro'd hanging wall pockets against the side which slopes slightly making the most of that space. I also use packing cubes. One for socks and undies, one for tops and one for bottoms. I keep one bag with a complete emergency outfit as I get really cold if I get wet or want to get out of cycling kit. Two extra large zip lock bags 1 with travel towels and another with kikoy/sarongs. Still have tonnes of space left. Have kitchen hooks on the rail for anything I need to hang up. Would you like pictures ?
Pictures as promised

Thanks everyone for your response its really helpful, what a great bunch

Wardrobes are the same in all the calis whether it be T5, T5.1, or T6.
The Beach is a different animal of course, been thinking about buying one of those

Packing cubes are cheap as chips and we've used them for years, both in Cali and for general travel. Wouldn't be without.

I just wish they'd invent some that have 'touch sensitive colours' so you could always find the one you want by feel, at the bottom of the Cali cupboard-of-doom. :headbang :Grin

I love packing cubes and have used them for years for all kinds travel. They can be particularly handy if, after having packed, you realise you should be using a larger or smaller suitcase: only five or so things to move instead of repacking everything :)

When we got the van, they became even more useful. We have lots of the eBags ones, which were expensive, but are well made. A tip if you’re buying any others: make sure they come with handles or hanging loops, so you can hang them from the hooks in the shower cubicles on the campsite. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
We bought 2 sets each of different colours, we use one colour for fresh and the other for used..

Has anyone tried the Thule Go boxes on the club shop? Do they make good use of space in the Ocean boot ?
We use two of them in the boot of our Cali.. They work brilliantly..fit perfectly and leave some space to one side for longer items.very good quality too

looking at buying some ebags, does anyone have a picture how they fit in the wardrobe.... I am wondering if they are a little small.

looking at buying some ebags, does anyone have a picture how they fit in the wardrobe.... I am wondering if they are a little small.

Having tried various sizes from the stock of assorted packing cubes/bags we have at home, we use only the smaller sized ('medium') ones in the van. The big ones, about 45cm long, that 'fit' the wardrobe are actually quite awkward to pull in and out, and also to rummage through to get the one you want. We find it easier to use a selection of the 'medium size' ones (about 35cm) as each one accommodates a small stack or roll-up of folded shirts, trousers etc and are very handy.

Make sure you get a selection of colours so you know which one to pull out when you need something.

Hello,

Does anyone use packing cubes/cells for organising and storing clothes? If so are they useful and do they help? We are hiring a Cali in the summer and thought these might help keep us organised? For those people that do use them what sizes work best for use in the wardrobe and the under bench drawer?

Thanks,

Mat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One week on from buying our Ocean (Bertie) we are working our way through extras. Having gone to the NEC show this week we were very impressed with the Thule bags even though they are expensive. Once home we had a brainwave - the large green hession bags available from Waitrose. These are lifetime bags with liners and zips and can be seen on the Waitrose site. We only have 3 at the moment but the bootspace would take 4 with space to spare - possibly even 6. These bags are made of quality material which we think would perform as well as Thule.
Mollie

One week on from buying our Ocean (Bertie) we are working our way through extras. Having gone to the NEC show this week we were very impressed with the Thule bags even though they are expensive. Once home we had a brainwave - the large green hession bags available from Waitrose. These are lifetime bags with liners and zips and can be seen on the Waitrose site. We only have 3 at the moment but the bootspace would take 4 with space to spare - possibly even 6. These bags are made of quality material which we think would perform as well as Thule.
Mollie

Great tip Mollie well spotted :)

We ended up going for Eagle Creek packing cubes and so far very impressed. We can easily get 4x in the main wardrobe with enough space for extras. :)

We have been using packing cubes with our new wardrobe shelves; the full size shelves so no room for hanging clothes, which we didn't do. Bottom shelves used for bunging in coats, top two for 'cubes'. Works well so far and maximises space.

View attachment 2830

I’m with you about the shelves- that has been one of our best storage accessories. We never hung stuff either- feels like an inefficient use of the space anyway.

They’re handy just for days out- one layer for dry stuff (up high obviously) and wet coats at the bottom at the the end of the day.

We should use the packing cubes because we (I) just shove stuff on the shelves until wifey goes mad and sorts it out again whilst I hang my head in shame.

Mollie
Do you have a link please? Doing man searching, I couldn't find them!

Not sure how to set up a link. If you search Waitrose bags for life they should come up. They are very tough bags with good lining, zip and handles
Mollie

Not sure how to set up a link. If you search Waitrose bags for life they should come up. They are very tough bags with good lining, zip and handles
Mollie

Hi Mollie,

Tried just that and ended up with this:

Sorry, we couldn't find anything for "Bags for life". But we found the following products for "Bags For Size":

Which results in
https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/pampers-new-baby-1-newborn-2-5kg/713590-288511-288512

Not quite what the doctor ordered! :upsidedown

Will have to ask next time I am in a shop.

Last edited:
Mollie

I know the ones you mean but cannot locate any more

Back