Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty offered by VWCS, post 3 years.

Thought i would resurrect this thread.

So my Cali is coming to the end of its Warranty period.
Been sent the Extended Warranty offer. Not sure wether to go for it or not...?
Has anyone made a claim under the extended warranty term..?

View attachment 59622
I looked into this a few months back when my 3 year warranty was ending and it isn't an extension of the factory warranty.
Merely an expensive warranty with lots of exclusions. about the poorest offering on the market.

I went with Warrantywise as they covered everything with no exclusions, even my air suspension system. If you take out cover with them there is no vehicle inspection required and immediate cover is given if it follows straight on from 3 year VW warranty. Full service regime required.

I took a 3 year warranty which can be transferred to the new owner if sold, a great selling point should I decide to sell.

I looked into this a few months back when my 3 year warranty was ending and it isn't an extension of the factory warranty.
Merely an expensive warranty with lots of exclusions. about the poorest offering on the market.

I went with Warrantywise as they covered everything with no exclusions, even my air suspension system. If you take out cover with them there is no vehicle inspection required and immediate cover is given if it follows straight on from 3 year VW warranty. Full service regime required.

I took a 3 year warranty which can be transferred to the new owner if sold, a great selling point should I decide to sell.

Looking at the Volkswagen Warranty it seems pretty well covered...?
What exclusions did you find?

Does the Warranty Wise cover the internal parts of the California, fridge, heater and leisure electrical bits and roof mechanics etc...?

Looking at the Volkswagen Warranty it seems pretty well covered...?
What exclusions did you find?

Does the Warranty Wise cover the internal parts of the California, fridge, heater and leisure electrical bits and roof mechanics etc...?
I read through the cover offered, emission system not covered and the more I read showed lots of limits on repair costs. Think that I downloaded to cover information. It was only a mechanical warranty, cali related parts weren't included as I recall.
They may have updated the cover since Feb. but I found that you needed to get into the what's not covered etc detail to compare.

Warrantywise said 'all' fitted items covered. I was mainly concerned about the engine/mechanical parts especially having a 4Motion. It wasn't a cheaper option but no exclusions.

Last edited:
When I looked into this the claim limit was very low. You need to have a it serviced at VW. Also it is not the same level of cover as the factory warranty. When I brought my approved used Caravelle it came with a VW warranty. Electric seat switches where not covered. The electric doors could not be covered as the fault was intermittent.
I was told by the dealer that if the vehicle needs a repair under the VW warranty then the dealer has to carry out the repair and then claim the money back. If the claim is unsuccessful then the dealer stands the cost of the repair. I think the dealers are reluctant to do repairs under the used warranty because they may not get paid.
The used warranty on my Audi was never a problem and the even covered an egr at 100,000 miles.
Just because of the low claim limit I did not bother with the extended warranty. I set up a standing order and saved the money.

I was told today that MotorEasy will not be covering VW california’s any more on there policy
Possible that they break down to much
I would assume that they are still covering ones that have paid up ??? May be worth checking

Back