Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waving..

P

Pensky

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, when I bought my 1994 T4 Westfalia (very recently), I was travelling home, when on the M25, another very similar mid-90s T4 Westfalia went past me, the driver waved, arm out the window style. I was really chuffed and flashed my headlights a couple of times and waved back. It was a good moment and really made me smile, felt part of the ‘gang’ for a moment.

E

Elizabeth Silman

Always wave, but sadly not so often get a response these days - In my old Landy days waving was nearly always returned...
Do think though that there's a bit of a 'snobbery' (for want of a better word) between the models - T3's and older tend to wave to each other, and maybe to T4's, but doubt to T5+, and vice versa... Seems the T4's rarely wave to anyone from what I've seen...

"Smile and wave fella's, smile and wave" :cool:
Waving is nice!

Erbster

Erbster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Not many Cali drivers seem to wave, but I’ve been waved at several times, but passed before I was able to respond!

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com

LadySmiff

LadySmiff

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We always wave.... To any VW campers. For the Cali's, the trick is to look for the awning, although we probably cheer up a few plumbers as well :):bananadance2

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have waved at a couple of Cali's today, but they were on the other direction of the motorway. None waved back. Most didn't even look at me, or my van.
Not that my blue van is invisible.
Well, I don't really wave, I just stick up my hand.