Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

To Wave or not

I fear you are right jen but I always try to help anyone they might need help and have kids I am not sure how to sort this bit like a Rolls Royce owner stopping for a T25

Mind you how many of members would stop to help me if I gave the" sign" standing on the road

Ok. May be slightly obsessing. 6 out of 26 today. Was getting really despondent, especially when (around 20) a splitty ignored me in llan Ffestiniog. Decided to stop waving. Then just as approaching Blaneua Ffestiniog a white (possibly t4) waved at me. Made my day. I do get a lot of joy when waved at so should be encouraged

Survey today suggests t25s are best wavers. The newer the van, the less likely.

Got our first wave this weekend! Then spent the rest of the drive practicing different waves.....ended up giggling like loons! Think we just entertained everyone going the other way

I would normally wave at any cali no matter what age. When traveling back from Spain in early August, i passed a French couple with ponytail attair in a really 'cool' Citroen CV with the roof down towing a small custom built type caravan and both vehicles were tastefully colour matched with a psychedelic paint job . They seemed to be flat out at around 55MPH and as i passed them i gave them my usual self conscious single handed wave. They both immediately responded with energetic peace waves over the top of their windscreen and it was such a warm response i put my window down and gave a full outstretched arm peace sign. (Giving it all i had!). In that few second encounter both of them and all my passengers were smiling and had that feel good factor. It also gave us another conversion topic for an hour to help with the long drive. So the morale of my story is it is worth the effort putting it out there, to get that feel good feeling once in a while!

Back