Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Well done the BBC

Looking for a few Gallons of diesel, would consider swapping for a doctor’s appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had a cracking WhatsApp message first thing on Sunday morning from Ben’s U8 rugby club group.

=====

So I’ve been up since 6am driving around for fuel but the 7 I went to don’t have any! Our light is on and need to save some for the school run if we can even make that. Unless some kind soul can pick henry and Craig up we won’t be able to make rugby today. We live near Sundridge Park. Honestly I’m at a loss of words for the people who have done this.

=====

Walk 30 minutes
Cycle 10 minutes
Bus 8 minutes
(Train 3 minutes but not Sundays)

@Amarillo the mind boggles.
What’s wrong with people?
Just walk the mile to school

What! What! Walk! 30mins what probably 2 miles at the most! Walk in this modern era! What a shocking thing to suggest. How could suggest a preposterous suggest be made.

We had a cracking WhatsApp message first thing on Sunday morning from Ben’s U8 rugby club group.

=====

So I’ve been up since 6am driving around for fuel but the 7 I went to don’t have any! Our light is on and need to save some for the school run if we can even make that. Unless some kind soul can pick henry and Craig up we won’t be able to make rugby today. We live near Sundridge Park. Honestly I’m at a loss of words for the people who have done this.

=====

Walk 30 minutes
Cycle 10 minutes
Bus 8 minutes
(Train 3 minutes but not Sundays)
Good grief.

This was my "School run" ..... on foot.

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 14.36.28.png

Just checked my school run as a kid.
2.1miles. Cycled everyday, apart from when the bike was injured.
11 minutes on a bike vs 38 minutes walking…

Just checked my school run as a kid.
2.1miles. Cycled everyday, apart from when the bike was injured.
11 minutes on a bike vs 38 minutes walking…

I never had a bike and it would have been nicked on the first day anyway.

I also had to vary my route as it often crossed the flow of traffic to Hackford Rd secondary and they would gang up on any kid wearing a Stockwell manor blazer. :D

It got even worse when the authorities decided to chuck me back into the Norwood home that was my second residence for a while. Then my parents would have to catch 3 busses to get to me, often to be told I was disallowed visitors when they arrived :(

So, the Emergency Tanker Fleet has been mobilised as of this afternoon, driven by , Civilian Drivers.
So where did they come from?

Brandon St? Near the ‘East Lane’ if I’m not mistaken. Know it very well.

Yep, East lane, kept me alive as a kid, collected the old wooden fruit boxes from the market, broke them up and then sold for firewood. Used to be a runner for a couple of stallholders, including a certain Ronald Edwards. Got me into constant trouble with the rich corrupt coppers from Carter street nick.

I never had a bike and it would have been nicked on the first day anyway.

I also had to vary my route as it often crossed the flow of traffic to Hackford Rd secondary and they would gang up on any kid wearing a Stockwell manor blazer. :D

It got even worse when the authorities decided to chuck me back into the Norwood home that was my second residence for a while. Then my parents would have to catch 3 busses to get to me, often to be told I was disallowed visitors when they arrived :(
Right. In Ogmore Vale in the South Wales valleys I used to have to walk to school along the colliery railway line and we used to put pennies on the rails and see if they'd been flattened when we came home in the afternoon and once we dragged a dead sheep across the rails to see what it would look like when it had been decapitated by the train (fantastic!) and by then I'd been beaten sh1tless myself in the schoolyard at least three times for coming from England but we did get to raid birds nests for eggs in the hedges at the edge of the rugby field which was as close as we got to a nature lesson.

Tell that to kids today and they won't believe you...

Yep, East lane, kept me alive as a kid, collected the old wooden fruit boxes from the market, broke them up and then sold for firewood. Used to be a runner for a couple of stallholders, including a certain Ronald Edwards. Got me into constant trouble with the rich corrupt coppers from Carter street nick.
My grandfather was a copper at Carter street nick. Retired in 1933 so he’s probably off the hook. Tough area though in those days.

My grandfather was a copper at Carter street nick. Retired in 1933 so he’s probably off the hook. Tough area though in those days.

It had a terrible reputation in the 50's and 60's and was heavily implicated in helping certain villains along post the 1963 GTR.

One of the places Robert Mark was referring to with his famous quote of "A good police force is one that captures more criminals than it employs".

Back