Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What Brandrup Accessories are worth buying?

O

Ocean11

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,

We have just taken delivery of our new Ocean 204PS with DSG gearbox, we have all the basic accessories ( hook up cable etc.. ) however our in laws have given us an early christmas gift of £750 to kit out the van! We are looking through the Brandrup catalogue trying to decide what to buy, what would you choose?

Where do you intend buying from? a lot of it is now unavailable.

I don't think VW deal with Brandrup, they severed their ties, so you may have to order from Europe to get anything in a reasonable time period.

There are so many things of theirs I would like but I just could never justify the price of many of them so I never did.

I've gone for the Brandrup seat pockets ordered and waiting and got the Brandrup carpets. They've arrived and are great quality.

Mike

I got a few of Brandrup things
The storagebags on the kitchensink , above the fridge, two in the booth, ....
Check out this topic to see how i load my Cali
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/inside-the-hotel-california-for-your-eyes-only.9776/

Also the air-vents for the front windows and the one for the boothdoor i use a lot!

Seatcovers from Brandrup are expencive but perfect fit and in exact the same colors as seats
You not notice they are covers.

750 £ is gone in 60seconds.....

Order here....
http://www.brandrupshop.com/en/

I did here you will be able to buy in the uk with a short order time. I might be wrong.

The seat tidy / Pockets - whatever you call them are brilliant, I managed to get a couple of them new/old stock a few months ago - brilliant quality I have to say - and I should know ;)

I've found their back-of-seat-pockets excellent and we use them a lot for all sorts of things. A minor negative is that they make the driver's seat a little more difficult to turn around and that when both seats are turned around, you need to get stuff out of the pockets by feel rather than sight. But they're excellent. I think they were expensive but it's a few years ago when we bought them.
I've found their iso top very good too for keeping draughts out and isolating the canvas top when it' wet. We regularly put the roof down with wet canvas and it's never caused any problems. Again, it was expensive but works a treat. I think the similar thing advertised on here from time to time looks better designed and cheaper and if I was going round again I'd probably buy that.
Nearly everything else I've bought for the van was a waste of money: mats, screen insulators, Mutzy-like thing, driveway awning and the like.
Oh and the squashy up kettle and bowl are brilliant (but not from Brandrup)

Nothing. Just start using the van and see what you are missing. Probably not much. And there are so many small companies making nifty accessories. You will find them in the vans of all those cali users when traveling around. Just be patient.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I have the seat pockets the spice rack,clothes line water fill up and 1 awning side
Very happy with the quality just a little disapointed at having to wait 12 weeks for it to arrive

Their stuff is expensive but very good quality, also when you come to sell you will get around 70% of your money back!

We have the seat pockets, Full Brandrup carpet ( very good quality) and the second skin seat covers, took over four months to arrive though :headbang

Nothing. Just start using the van and see what you are missing. Probably not much. And there are so many small companies making nifty accessories. You will find them in the vans of all those cali users when traveling around. Just be patient.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Fully agree on using the Cali first and see how your own needs are....
....but as we all know Xtra storage is needed for the bits and pieces...

Brandrup makes them to fit , in a campingstore you will find cheaper things not that well fitting in ugly colors .

Took me a few months figuring out how i store things.
But some are spending £ on xtra's even before they have thiere Cali

Last edited:
The Brandrup Isotop inner roof liner is superb in every respect but very expensive. However Comfortz also now do one although I have no experience of it.
Their over carpets are also of excellent quality but pricey.
We recently received ours from their outlet in Holland after a very very long wait!

We ordered the seatcovers, the small pocket for the left kitchen window, the one piece carpet and the pocket for the LHD passengers seat and finally the bin for the door.

All is nice and fits well. We made a big order January (together with, PortaPotti and other stuff), and it took months (almost half a year) go get the things dropping in. We still have not got the bin and pockets. And the seller just wrote, we would get a refund for these item. Not very satisfied with this part.

But we have nothing bad to say about the things we got. Good quality and nice fit. Especially the seatcovers fits very tight.

Congrats with your new Cali ;-)

We ordered several Brandrup items from Campervantastic then a week later we were told all Brandrup items are for pre order only so I had to wait 18 weeks, YES 18 WEEKS !! suffice to say I declined and ordered from the Nettherlands.

Oh yeh, we ordered seat pockets, carpet and Iso Top.

Our Second Skin seat covers and seat-back 'utility' pockets arrived recently (before our Cali)

The quality is exceptional and I'm sure they will complement the quality of the vehicle. We did lots of research on Brandrup threads on here and the only complaint seemed to be the cost and never the quality, fit or appearance.

Sadly the plunging rate of sterling has made them even more expensive in the last couple of months given that you pretty much need to order from Europe.

We intend to order a cabin mat and set of boot carpets and will probably leave it at that then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front window vents to leave the vehicle secure but with good ventilation in hot climates and the Tailgate AirSafe.

Trying to order some seat back pockets and awning side panels but being told there is a four month wait which is pretty stupid! We have the Brandrup water filler which is handy and also Air Safe. As said above, expensive but worth the money as it is all very high quality gear.

Get second skin seat covers. brilliant. Well worth the dosh. After 6 weeks in France our backseat looked as if a herd of elephants had walked over it spilling red wine as they went. Mrs DoH washed them (not sure how, outside my pay grade) I put them back on and they look like new. And the original seats also still look like new after 4 years.
We were going to buy the Brandrup side awning for the roll out awning for sun protection. Caravantastic were very helpful but offered only an 18 week delivery period. I have since spoken to Nick at Comfortz and he has made a lookalike which is great and at 2/3 the price and already delivered (tried it out last night)

Agree with some earlier comments re Comfortz accessories. I have bought mattress protectors for top and bottom mattresses for our Ocean and they are brilliant. Already been tested to the limit by our kids. The Cali Cozy internal roof liner is also brilliant and makes a huge difference to the translucent fabric up top. Enjoy spending the loot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back