Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What Brandrup Accessories are worth buying?

I have the isolite, airsafe, ixtend pad (mattress), awning front and side panels, guy ropes, water fill in set. They are all superb. @Ady77 I may be willing to sell the side and front panels, they're unused and mostly still in original packaging. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

We have numerous Brandrup pockets, the seat back ones are especially useful. We also have the water filler kit, isolite windscreen cover and awning side panels. If money was no object I could easily spend another £2000 on their gear as it is such good quality.

Isolite, air safe, carpet and awning sides for me.

I can think of plenty of other stuff I would rather buy if starting out! That said we have the brandrup carpet and that's pretty good. For me it would be roof topper, bbq, vw waterproof seat covers, duvalays, windbreak, some sort of awning or living area and a remorska. I always turn my front seats so the seat back pockets would be a pain! That said there are no rights and wrongs just lots of ideas Think about what you need after taking a few trips is probably a good idea.

Brandrup side awnings for us and the spice rack ( not that we keep spices in it )

Don't have any Brandrup stuff as such although those who do say that the quality is excellent. On the other hand there are good quality alternatives for most of their items, at lower prices, although Brandrup do seem to have a monopoly on the nifty stick-on pockets.

But the problem with making any general recommendations is that your needs for gear will be massively dependent on how you actually use your van... with/without kids, dogs, short or long trips, mainly on campsites or a lot of wild camping or Bristops, UK-only or continental summer touring (ie hot weather), mainly sleep downstairs or upstairs, etc etc. That will all affect what stuff you take, and how you want to stow it.

So I'd echo 100% what others have suggested in terms of putting off any actual purchases until you've used your Cali a bit. Or, at least spend about 72 hours flat out reading practically every thread on this forum, it's an absolute gold mine of advice and experience even though opinions differ - sometimes near-violently. ;)

Having said that, any good quality gear you do acquire can be re-sold very easily via this site, so don't worry too much if you get carried away by the excitement.

Spend it at Comfortz Leisure and support a British business. Roof topper, seat covers, ramps, thermal screen cover, mattress topper, the list goes on.

Can anyone please tell me whether the thermal external screen cover still fits over the doors when wind deflectors are fitted? Many thanks in advance for your assistance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone please tell me whether the thermal external screen cover still fits over the doors when wind deflectors are fitted? Many thanks in advance for your assistance

Hi Rich, I've got the comfortz ones and they are fine with my VW fit wind deflectors

Mike

Thanks v. Much Mike - I have the VW fit Ines, so can order now without worrying!

Richard

I went for the silver one on the basis that when I went to a meet they were the most popular. Evidently they help when it's very hot as well. A problem I'm hoping to have.

Mike

Isotop...might have change for a coffee

Back