Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you call your Cali?

Ours is Womble after the previous owners dog who seemed to not want to leave the van when we picked it up!
a53fc9f3c8311e074150a6e228215e4b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

367232E8-0056-47DF-8FAD-508E235058C5.jpeg Our original Cali was dubbed ‘Dudley’ as it had so many issues we decided it was a dud.

New one is Denzil.

Well coming from Northern Ireland ours just had to be 'Morrison' after Van's your Man. And you can always find a Van Morrison song to put on to sing along to that has a Cali link:

Days like This
Bright side of the road
Sweet Thing
These are the days
Afternoon/ sex machine
Appleknocker Flophouse
Caravan

The list is endless

I love the reason for the name, I bet there are a few other Dudleys out there, and possibly quite a few Rustys as well. ( Bi-metalic Corrosion doesn't make a very good name)

Is that chequered affect your real number plate?
View attachment 42989 Our original Cali was dubbed ‘Dudley’ as it had so many issues we decided it was a dud.

New one is Denzil.

I love the reason for the name, I bet there are a few other Dudleys out there, and possibly quite a few Rustys as well. ( Bi-metalic Corrosion doesn't make a very good name)

Is that chequered affect your real number plate?

Yes, the OH likes to try and personlise what he can without making it obvious. He wanted his Welsh dragon on the plates and got carried away...

His name is Duggee as in Hey. We got him last year at which time the stick song was stuck in our heads and they person we bought him from was called Dougal.

The old T4 was Max

Are we weird though in also calling him, and his predecessor, the car rather than the van?

Odyssey- (the long journey) my youngest named it recently

"Hamish Mctavish"
When I ordered my new plates you could add writing to the bottom of them so I thought it'd be hilarious if I put "Hamish Mctavish" on the bottom of them hoping people will think I'm called "Hamish Mctavish" when we tour in Europe this year....

Yes, the OH likes to try and personlise what he can without making it obvious. He wanted his Welsh dragon on the plates and got carried away...
Is that plate legal (sorry to be boring)? Or was it an April fool joke?

Is that plate legal (sorry to be boring)? Or was it an April fool joke?
To be ultra boring DVLA leaflet INF104 tells you all you could possibly wish to know about number plates. Including what I think you are referring to.
The British Standard sets out the characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number plate must be permanently and legibly marked with British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d), name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier and name and postcode of the supplying outlet.
Why do I know this ? Experience ! Managed to leave a bike show with a "show" plate still fitted.

To be ultra boring DVLA leaflet INF104 tells you all you could possibly wish to know about number plates. Including what I think you are referring to.
The British Standard sets out the characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number plate must be permanently and legibly marked with British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d), name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier and name and postcode of the supplying outlet.
Why do I know this ? Experience ! Managed to leave a bike show with a "show" plate still fitted.
Oops! (About the "show" plates).

Oi Mate because of his number plate

Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you actually identify your van by a name?
I hear a few members call there van by names, personally never thought of it.

Only C&@t if it don’t work

First one was Calin, newer one is Louis as its much posher (Prince Louis had just been born at the time)

The previous owner named ours Olaf, presumably after Olaf from Frozen because it is white as snow. It’s stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As a newbie, I'm wondering if it's tradition to give your Cali a name? The girls want to name ours, they also want to add some decals to jazzy her up a bit IMG_20190709_222909_731.jpg

Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you actually identify your van by a name?
I hear a few members call there van by names, personally never thought of it.

Only C&@t if it don’t work
Always referred to as Gracie by us and our friends! If people don’t know us well and join in the conversation we have to explain she’s not a child!

BB (as it's a blue boy) our first van ...must figure out how to attach a picture !