Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you use the shower option for?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
One or two things on the options list appear to me to be of either limited or no use at all, e.g powered operated lumber adjustment. I suspect that for most owners who spec it, once you've set it you'll never have to touch that expensive button ever again. My question is, Is the shower attachment one such option?

I can't imagine anyone standing in the buff at the rear of their van whilst having an invigorating, character building, cold shower? Or is it used for rinsing off the washing up or to wash off muddy boots or de-clagg Fido after a muddy walk? In short do you use it? If so how often? and what for? Just curious!

Last edited:
I've not taken mine out of the bag yet.:shocked

I had one on my SE and we didn't used it once the whole year we had it. The new van we want has it too.. I wonder whether we will use this one!

Last edited:
We would never consider using ours as a fully fledged shower.....but with 2 7yo girls it was added to wash muddy boots legs etc and if a dog comes into the equation at some point then that as well.

We use ours for washing the dog down after a walk, and cleaning up muddy shoes and bikes. We've used it more than we ever thought we would, and would definitely spec it again.

Fine but then doesn't the area round the tailgate become a mud bath so it's a vicious circle.

We clean sand or mud off of boots, bikes, paddle boards, animals...

Couldn’t do without it!

I have one on the slidepod, we use it for:

Washing dogs feet
Washing boots/feet
Rinsing washing up.
Watering plants (I know a weird one).

If you look in our last video for CVCO we had a little chilli plant that travelled around with us for the week haha :D

Washing dogs / kids / our feet, and sports kit (especially anything going on the roof). Occasional showering of children when we know time is short when we get them home!

Tend to pack on gravel / grass where possible to avoid the mudbath scenario. It's not a perfect solution but it keep 90% of the muck out of the cabin.

We have not got our California yet but did order the shower. We got it for washing the van & keeping the fresh water tank topped up.

Last edited:
We have not got our California yet but did order the shower. We got it for washing the van & keeping the fresh water tank topped up. Is there such a thing as a 12v power shower attachment & will we get banned from the site before being able to share our Cali adventures??

Sorry. Might have misunderstood but are you going to use the water from your fresh water tank to keep your fresh water tank topped up. Mmmmm.........

That was the idea, doing this and fitting a solar panel should allow us to stay off grid indefinitely yes? Actually, sorry for my silly post everyone, after wanting a California for many many years Bev finally agreed to getting one while next to the pool on another boring package holiday last month. I instantly knew what spec we needed & then went and added the ‘just in case’ options - heated screen, tow bar, alloy spare, high beam assist and......... the perpetual shower

Last edited:
That was the idea, doing this and fitting a solar panel should allow us to stay off grid indefinitely yes. Actually, sorry for my silly post everyone, after wanting a California for many many years Bev finally agreed to getting one while next to the pool on another boring package holiday last month. I instantly knew what spec we needed & then went and added the ‘just in case’ options - heated screen, tow bar, alloy spare, high beam assist and......... the perpetual shower

Clever. It might catch on :)

Other than As already mentioned we Use it for cooling down when sunbathing in this heat....also it’s great for abroad too when it’s hot .cant beat a quick soaking

I have bought a pop up tent to use with mine to shower in private.

My Ocena is just over a year old and I collected it yesterday from the VW dealer after having the value (where the shower head connects) replaced under warranty as it had failed. The failure resulted in a high pressure jet of water coming out of the connector when the compressor kicked in when the sink tap was used.

One or two things on the options list appear to me to be of either limited or no use at all, e.g powered operated lumber adjustment. I suspect that for most owners who spec it, once you've set it you'll never have to touch that expensive button ever again. My question is, Is the shower attachment one such option?

I can't imagine anyone standing in the buff at the rear of their van whilst having an invigorating, character building, cold shower? Or is it used for rinsing off the washing up or to wash off muddy boots or de-clagg Fido after a muddy walk? In short do you use it? If so how often? and what for? Just curious!

We have a collapsable bowl specifically to wash our two dog paws in - - we use one of the rear storage units for all their gear and then simply put in some bacterial gel and washing solution, top it up with water from the shower, move to a grassy area and wash dogs before allowing to enter van - simple, effective and really handy - one of the best options on the list for us

Back