Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

And lastly here’s the extra kitchen drawers.

View attachment 69207

View attachment 69208

I can see one thing you haven’t bought !

The infill rubber strip that seals the Black hole between dash and windscreen.
I call it the black hole from experience,
pens, money, parking tickets, small parts, cards,in fact anything that is put on the dash becomes a subject of supernatural forces,magically drawing items towards the black hole,never ever to be seen again.
My T5.1 was always loosing stuff until I filled the gap with the rubber thingy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have wondered about the "rubber thingy" which I've read about before on here, but my front window blind is designed with a bottom edge that stuffs into that gap to keep it taught. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Also went for the remote display on the panel above the fridge, which I think fits well. Probably never look at it, but in for a penny ......

You may be surprised. I look at mine frequently, it provides endless fascination.

You just need some bedding, rations and you will be off .............. on the 3rd Dec :D . Have you got the gas yet?
Yes got a 907 installed. Have bought the quick release system (posted by somebody else on here) but haven’t fitted it yet. Will use the existing regulator for a second bottle and outdoor stove.ADF4D19E-41E2-4ED1-ACB7-40430E18D103.jpeg93B4E403-2DEC-455F-9126-843ED2304A63.jpeg

i like that. and those regulators are about 6 sheets each as opposed to 50 for the truma ones that fail.
And much easier to remove bottle. Just undo quick release and remove bottle + regulator.

Nipped into Aldi for wine and came away with more than planned (as usual). Fits perfectly under the rear shelf - phew!

81F94401-3C3A-4BCC-B2A8-C6DAE25F31A5.jpeg

How did you get the wire into the tailgate? I got ours through the rubber gaiter but then couldn’t get the end out of the tailgate void. It didn’t help that I couldn’t get the upper trim off as it seemed trapped by the thicker double glazing.
Hi Wiggly Woo, I had mine done by the guys at Sat Nav Systems in Surbiton. I’d seen that others on here had had problems so didn’t fancy doing it myself. Also i know that some have mounted the camera on the cupboard but I definitely wanted it on the rear glass so that it wasn’t obscured by the blind when pulled up.

B14 Comforts - booked for the 16/12

Can you give the name of the bin ?
Yes it's called an Umbra can and they are about £8-£12 depending on the colour. It says made from stainless steel but they are in fact plastic. Fits perfectly on the step by the back seats too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Do you have the Amazon link for the bin? Thanks
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q2W64RS/?tag=eliteelect-21

Here it is. Hope that works!

Yes that's the one

Anyone with the Inka waterproof seat covers will sympathise
f3e8170cd3766603a0b51bd28f0851d3.jpg
20305c417aa6339c64afcf0d98ec1c42.jpg
39d5578e423932593c54f2fd410e6565.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Ive got the waterproof Inka seats, what are these for ? Thanks

Good afternoon,

We decided in June to get the drawer kit. For ages it was not available neither on the continent nor in UK (shop).

I checked Calicap.de on Thursday of last week and - hurray - it was available. I placed an order on Thursday at 5 pm and got the delivery about 1 hour ago! I can't complain about that.

1605537970528.png

Unfortunately the weather is very bad at the moment. So I wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to install it. Hopefully it won't take too long. Can't wait.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

We decided in June to get the drawer kit. For ages it was not available neither on the continent nor in UK (shop).

I checked Calicap.de on Thursday of last week and - hurray - it was available. I placed an order on Thursday at 5 pm and got the delivery about 1 hour ago! I can't complain about that.

View attachment 69461

Unfortunately the weather is very bad at the moment. So I wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to install it. Hopefully it won't take too long. Can't wait.

Happy California,
Eberhard
Easy to fit as long as you’re careful to line it up before sticking it to the cupboard side panels. You only get once chance!

Good afternoon,

View attachment 69461

Happy California,
Eberhard
I think the German shop is still talking to Irish customers. I approached them to buy a set for delivery to England last week. They said no due to Brexit. Very upset with that being used now while we are still on trading terms.

Hello GrumpyGranddad,

thank you for the video link. I will watch it before I install the drawers. Calicap put a manual into the box which explains step-by-step of how to install it.

I believe I will have more problems to get the drawers in place after the holders are installed. But the key is to be patient. Because of this I will wait until the weather is a wee bit better.

Gives me something to do during the lockdown :)

The van will go to service this week Thursday. I hope I can manage to install the drawers before than. I just wanted to show the salesmen in VW the changes I added to the van.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Back