Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I think the German shop is still talking to Irish customers. I approached them to buy a set for delivery to England last week. They said no due to Brexit. Very upset with that being used now while we are still on trading terms.

Hello,

I saw a statement on the Calicap Shipment Information page. I will copy it because it is on a public webpage anyway so I hope it won't cause any problems:

Dear British customers!

Since Brexit is now approaching the final and the delivery times are approaching the turn of the year, we will not accept any more orders from Great Britain until 7.1.2021.

Should another political miracle happen, and a regular exit from Great Britain should occur, this decision will be reconsidered.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

It is unfortunate because they have some interesting offers.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello GrumpyGranddad,

thank you for the video link. I will watch it before I install the drawers. Calicap put a manual into the box which explains step-by-step of how to install it.

I believe I will have more problems to get the drawers in place after the holders are installed. But the key is to be patient. Because of this I will wait until the weather is a wee bit better.

Gives me something to do during the lockdown :)

The van will go to service this week Thursday. I hope I can manage to install the drawers before than. I just wanted to show the salesmen in VW the changes I added to the van.

Happy California,
Eberhard
Easy to put the drawers in. They have a hole in the drawer on each side at the rear that locate onto metal pegs on the runners. Locate them first and then lower the front of the drawer which just clips in. (Easy to remove by releasing the front clips). Best to start the drawers from the bottom one first I found.

Good afternoon,

Because I mentioned the drawer kit for the T6.

When I did my research I came across this option:

I haven't seen it before. It looked interesting, but in comparison it is too expensive. If it would have been cheaper I would have been tempted.

Also there is another interesting option:

If it makes sense and will add space (value) I am not sure yet, but certainly something different (well, at least for me).

Happy California,
Eberhard

A table veneer. No more boring grey table. Going to do the other table in the same stuff. Ready to go somewhere now...
21462c28cfc90711953b4be17c8caafb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

A table veneer. No more boring grey table. Going to do the other table in the same stuff. Ready to go somewhere now...
21462c28cfc90711953b4be17c8caafb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Love this. Where was it from please?

Hello,

I saw a statement on the Calicap Shipment Information page. I will copy it because it is on a public webpage anyway so I hope it won't cause any problems:

It is unfortunate because they have some interesting offers.

Regards,
Eberhard
It’s gobbledegook too. Strange way to run a business ...

Yes got a 907 installed. Have bought the quick release system (posted by somebody else on here) but haven’t fitted it yet. Will use the existing regulator for a second bottle and outdoor stove.View attachment 69271

Hi, how have you modified the original VW pipe to accept the quick release.

Regards,
Mark.

Hi, how have you modified the original VW pipe to accept the quick release.

Regards,
Mark.
Hi RSMarco, The picture is not of mine, but of the OP who did it. His post contained details of the parts needed: quick release regulator kit, and threaded brass coupler. I’ll see if I can find it on here. Done mine, very easy. You don’t modify the original VW pipe, just remove the regulator and then refit the new one.

Hi RSMarco, The picture is not of mine, but of the OP who did it. His post contained details of the parts needed: quick release regulator kit, and threaded brass coupler. I’ll see if I can find it on here. Done mine, very easy. You don’t modify the original VW pipe, just remove the regulator and then refit the new one.
Sorry, I can’t find the original OPs post, but you need the regulator, quick release, and brass coupler.

5D89BF9A-02B0-4E62-B73D-72F8EE51908B.jpeg

55D9F330-E88F-400B-867E-B277DE7EAACE.jpeg

Brompton Electric + Fast Charger
I was happy to discover that it charges up ok through the factory inverter while driving or on idle (providing the blue motion is disabled by turning on one heated seat). It’s a great addition as the hills don’t put me off going out my bike, and it takes up so little space.

2A4DACEB-0586-433C-AD4F-A72D980F7C59.jpeg

Brompton Electric + Fast Charger
I was happy to discover that it charges up ok through the factory inverter while driving or on idle (providing the blue motion is disabled by turning on one View attachment 69482heated seat). It’s a great addition as the hills don’t put me off going out my bike, and it takes up so little space.

View attachment 69481
Nice hack, I've wondered about charging electric bikes (mounted on the rear rack) when on hookup at a campsite... Does your charge when on hookup?

Nice hack, I've wondered about charging electric bikes (mounted on the rear rack) when on hookup at a campsite... Does your charge when on hookup?
The fast charger draws 4A so it should be ok. I never use hook up but I have a small Honda generator and it works with that. Other makes may draw more current, the electric Brompton has a unique power system.

Good afternoon,

We decided in June to get the drawer kit. For ages it was not available neither on the continent nor in UK (shop).

I checked Calicap.de on Thursday of last week and - hurray - it was available. I placed an order on Thursday at 5 pm and got the delivery about 1 hour ago! I can't complain about that.

View attachment 69461

Unfortunately the weather is very bad at the moment. So I wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to install it. Hopefully it won't take too long. Can't wait.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

May I follow up from my recent post about the drawer kit? The weather was beautiful today so I thought I could go ahead to install it.

The installation was straight forward - yet a wee bit tricky.

I followed the information provided by the supplier on a flyer and the video. I measured the holders to line up the runner from the original drawer to the new drawers. Especially the right side it seems I came 2 or 3 mm to far forward which blocked the sliding door :shocked . It was tricky to open it again. I pushed the new 3x drawers further back (as much it was possible without causing damage). And now it works - just enough room for the sliding door to close.

For people who are interested in the drawer kit and going to buy it, please keep this in mind. I believe now it is far better to have the drawer kit a few mm to the back than to the front.

But it is done now:

1605629185373.png

In total I changed the storage space with the drawer kit (see above), shelves in the cupboard:

1605629251341.png

And a slide out drawer in the boot:

1605629307485.png

That should be enough. Have I said that, I am toying with the idea to get the Felleisen Smutje to keep all things in for the short stop (Tea, coffee, sugar, cups etc.). The reason why I still hesitate is, it is so terrible expensive (so it feels to me). But maybe Santa will come to ....

Happy California,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

May I follow up from my recent post about the drawer kit? The weather was beautiful today so I thought I could go ahead to install it.

I followed the information provided by the supplier on a flyer and the video. I measured the holders to line up the runner from the original drawer to the new drawers. Especially the right side it seems I came 2 or 3 mm to far forward which blocked the sliding door :shocked . It was tricky to open it again. I pushed the new 3x drawers further back (as much it was possible without causing damage). And now it works - just enough room for the sliding door to close.

For people who are interested in the drawer kit and going to buy it, please keep this in mind. I believe now it is far better to have the drawer kit a few mm to the back than to the front.

But it is done now:

View attachment 69508

In total I changed the storage space with the drawer kit (see above), shelves in the cupboard:

View attachment 69509

View attachment 69510

That should be enough. Have I said that, I am toying with the idea to get the Felleisen Smutje to keep all things in for the short stop (Tea, coffee, sugar, cups etc.). The reason why I still hesitate is, it is so terrible expensive (so it feels to me). But maybe Santa will come to ....

Happy California,
Eberhard
Which wardrobe shelve kit is this? Do you have the safe?

Which wardrobe shelve kit is this? Do you have the safe?

Hello Rololux,

I got the shelve kit from here:

There are several ways to configure the shelves. At least one is suitable for the "save box" (which I have).

Ordering and shipping was ok, no problems. Installation was ok as well, but took me about an hour or so. Things have to be put together (and of course I made a bit of a mistake and had to re-do it). So far it is working well.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello Rololux,

I got the shelve kit from here:

There are several ways to configure the shelves. At least one is suitable for the "save box" (which I have).

Ordering and shipping was ok, no problems. Installation was ok as well, but took me about an hour or so. Things have to be put together (and of course I made a bit of a mistake and had to re-do it). So far it is working well.

Regards,
Eberhard
Thanks Eber. I thought it looked like the calitop set. So you went for three shelves with cutout. For fitting, is it free standing, or do you need to glue / screw the fittings in place? For the benefit of others, what was your mistake?

Hello Rololux,

We decided for the 3x shelves with the cutout. We might lose a wee bit on storage space, but we gain better access.

The holders are glued to the wardrobe walls. It looks quite sturdy to me.

My mistake was that I forgot the add the 2x extra screws on the two holders:

1605634810508.png

Also I fixed the holders to the wardrobe wall with tape to get a feeling of the space. Because I followed the instructions I had to get out everything to adjust the shelves that suites us best. All this took a while.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

But it is done now:

View attachment 69508

View attachment 69509

View attachment 69510

Happy California,
Eberhard
Looked up the Smutje thingy. Very interesting.

Sorry, I can’t find the original OPs post, but you need the regulator, quick release, and brass coupler.

Hi, apologies for the error. appreciate the info and will look into this as I'm not keen on the original set up.

Back