Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I just ordered a new little plastic clips for the ventilation grille, for only....
95€! :(
IMG_1428.jpg
A while ago I had to replace the broken plastic cover of the rear light, at the soft price of 350€.
In both cases because they only sell the complete unit, instead of just the simple plastic piece.
Ah, the sustainable economy.... :headbang

I just ordered a new little plastic clips for the ventilation grille, for only....
95€! :(
View attachment 33009
A while ago I had to replace the broken plastic cover of the rear light, at the soft price of 350€.
In both cases because they only sell the complete unit, instead of just the simple plastic piece.
Ah, the sustainable economy.... :headbang

Are these not warranty parts?

Are these not warranty parts?

Unfortunately not (the rear light was from hitting a low obstacle). They did change me the armrest from which the foam got shifted. I asked my dealer for something like a warranty parts list, but apparently it's all about 'negotiation' with the main distributors?

Sister in law says she has seen something at B&M for more suitable (and cheaper!!) and will buy me one - will post photo when arrives.
Well here it is (for bottom of fridge). Hmmm, certainly cheap at £2.49. Its thinner than the trivet and I wonder if it's just a tad too close to the bottom of the fridge. It's made of soft plastic - wont rattle, and you can trim it to the perfect size. Will see if it works in a few weeks when we go to the Devon meet.
upload_2018-5-10_16-32-18.png

Well here it is (for bottom of fridge). Hmmm, certainly cheap at £2.49. Its thinner than the trivet and I wonder if it's just a tad too close to the bottom of the fridge. It's made of soft plastic - wont rattle, and you can trim it to the perfect size. Will see if it works in a few weeks when we go to the Devon meet.
View attachment 33012
I just put a folded up tea towel in the bottom of our fridge. It absorbs any excess moisture and also helps to stop things from slipping about. It has worked well for us over the last year.

A harmonica, and a soundtrack to practice ;) :

IMG_E1429 (1).jpg

I just put a folded up tea towel in the bottom of our fridge. It absorbs any excess moisture and also helps to stop things from slipping about. It has worked well for us over the last year.
Ah, OK another idea but I was exploring a solution that would stop the underside of all the stuff in the fridge getting wet. I hate soggy food packaging.

Ah, OK another idea but I was exploring a solution that would stop the underside of all the stuff in the fridge getting wet. I hate soggy food packaging.

No-one likes a soggy bottom, especially not Mary Berry.

IMG_4412.JPG IMG_4413.JPG Thought it was time to improve on the lightweight camping style plates and bowls we have been using and add a little style. So after some research found this Corelle set with over 40% off. Very impressed with the light weight, but will have to see how well the claims for Corelle robustness stand up to use.

View attachment 33022 View attachment 33023 Thought it was time to improve on the lightweight camping style plates and bowls we have been using and add a little style. So after some research found this Corelle set with over 40% off. Very impressed with the light weight, but will have to see how well the claims for Corelle robustness stand up to use.
Very jazzy :thumb

Two items listed earlier, the ottoman (for the Porta Potti) and the step, go well together. At night, just put the ottoman lid upside down on the front seat to protect it, then place the step in it. A stairway to heaven! But don’t be like me, put the roof up first! :D

7EA27AA6-3E9B-48F4-8FDA-4A8466523EA9.jpeg

Bought this supper fitting-handy box; brand: 'Sunware'. Exactly the right width and height and color. I use it as paper towel dispenser, storage, step-up, and candy tray while cruising :happy :

IMG_1435.jpgIMG_1434.jpg

^ stops the carpet between the seats getting worn too! :)

As I seem to be washing Gurty quiet frequently *I have washed my car three times in as many years* I decided to buy her the Nilfisk pressure washer that is on offer at Argos at the moment.

I haven’t tried it yet as it’s raining again, so I’m going to watch YouTube videos for the rest of the evening to learn how to ‘detail’...whatever the ‘ell that means.

It's not purpose built. It is made by Fiamma but it just about fits the Cai Thule awning. Some folks have bought a more expensive version that is curved to help manage pooling. There is another thread that you may like to look at more dedicated to this subject. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fiamma-curved-rafter-pro.22688/
Cost? £33. Where from? Any good Fiamma stockist.
You can get a Thule one. Not curved but specific for Cali factory fitted awning. You do have to get an extra bracket to slide into awning but it’s worth the money.

As I seem to be washing Gurty quiet frequently *I have washed my car three times in as many years* I decided to buy her the Nilfisk pressure washer that is on offer at Argos at the moment.

I haven’t tried it yet as it’s raining again, so I’m going to watch YouTube videos for the rest of the evening to learn how to ‘detail’...whatever the ‘ell that means.
Be careful with the power washer around the sliding windows and roof :thumb

VW genuine blue tooth! We had a horrid add on that the dealer put on ours, we were horrified about such a botch, cheap and nasty. Thankfully it failed the morning of a trip to Hazzy Dayz to get the Sat Nav fixed. I now have the somewhat expensive VW unit fitted and it is amazing! I talk to virtual passengers when I travel and it is really cool. The multi function steering wheel works and it doesn't keep disconnecting. The best thing ever for me!

Which one is it from their website please?

Here you are:

Sunware containers.jpg

(Not sure about the color compared to their website, but I think its taupe)

You can get a Thule one. Not curved but specific for Cali factory fitted awning. You do have to get an extra bracket to slide into awning but it’s worth the money.
Please advise part number for the rafter and bracket. Thanks.

Recommend getting the optional car nozzle

Back