Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Hi everyone! Got my Cali ocean in Nov 2017 as yet not been anywhere! But today my new seat covers arrived gti ones, they say 3/4 hours to fit, we're putting them on tomorrow so let you know how many divorces we go through ha!! Also bought wind breakers for Windows fitting them tomorrow too! Everything California have been so helpful & delivery service so good l would'nt shop anywhere else! I do have the plan grey ones from Cali l had 8 years ago which don't fit this one, so will be selling them. NuttyNanny

Great to see others using the same machine!
We try to figure out where to store (ATM behind drivers seat, lhd). What about yours?
We keep it in a little bag in the cupboard under the cooker. Love it

You more than likely have a left hand awning. Most converted vans in the UK have the sliding door behind the passenger seat. The Cali is a right hand drive factory conversation off a German platform. This means the sliding door is behind the drivers seat. So in order to have the awning front door facing out with the bus noise also out, you need a right hand awning.
Why on earth don't they make one that fits both.?!
It would make it more efficient to manufacture too as it reduces complexity...
More options and a lower price!

Why on earth don't they make one that fits both.?!
It would make it more efficient to manufacture too as it reduces complexity...
More options and a lower price!

The new Outwell range has a detachable tunnel so is left and right option

Bought 2 Blooma Tiga 40cm x 40cm outdoor seat pads from B&Q - £7 each. Fit the California outdoor deckchairs a treat!
c3b52947a8c93e13da376b616ea3e0ed.jpg
04552471a20f80ced22a2ddeb9ba809d.jpg
f857b951d3dfc97256493a689c23d5c9.jpg
eb17c62052d798d08d79cff434467454.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treated Cali to a bit of Autoglym today - 2 washes, claying, super resin polish, ultra hd wax :Stig So shiny!

Never clayed before and was slightly nervous about doing it, but it’s got rid of all the ingrained black specs that stick out on the white paint :thumb

CDB1FBDE-E6F1-45D5-A3BF-5F3FCE59FF5A.jpeg

Treated Cali to a bit of Autoglym today - 2 washes, claying, super resin polish, ultra hd wax :Stig So shiny!

Never clayed before and was slightly nervous about doing it, but it’s got rid of all the ingrained black specs that stick out on the white paint :thumb

View attachment 32068

Very smart

Mike

TOFS - The Original Factory Shop. Not sure if they are nationwide but there are a few around North Wales. This one was at Abergele (Pensarn to be exact).

On advice I have read on here from Loz and WelshGas et al this jump starter from Amazon for 56£ will help greatly with any future dead starter battery issuefullsizeoutput_794.jpeg fullsizeoutput_792.jpeg IMG_0754.JPG IMG_0749.JPG

Having seen these in Starlight's smart two-tone Cali at the Slimbridge meet they seem that they will help immensely with moving stuff around on the worktop, especially at the early morning time, during making cups of tea and coffee, when you want to get in the fridge, then you want to get back to the stove etc. They can be stored away in the cupboard underneath the sink quite neatly, they just go in sideways.

Off to Scotland in a weeks time to give an extensive road test

Obtainable at your local B&M £2.45 EACH, available in black or white.

20180426_144345.jpg

Having seen these in Starlight's smart two-tone Cali at the Slimbridge meet they seem that they will help immensely with moving stuff around on the worktop, especially at the early morning time, during making cups of tea and coffee, when you want to get in the fridge, then you want to get back to the stove etc. They can be stored away in the cupboard underneath the sink quite neatly, they just go in sideways.

View attachment 32459
We saw Starlight's trays too, and bought two whites on the way back from Slimbridge!

View attachment 32459

Just bought ours
5c8950fcffebc065e8003d9c2dafd792.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small fold up ottoman from TOFS, upside down it fits the loo snugly! :)

View attachment 32074
View attachment 32073
This looks so fabulous. Is your loo the Thetford 335 Qube? If so, I'm SOOO getting one! My ever present loo is always a talking point (and not in a good way) so it'd be great to disguise it other than just lobbing a cushion on top (though it does make a marvellous footstool that way!).

This looks so fabulous. Is your loo the Thetford 335 Qube? If so, I'm SOOO getting one! My ever present loo is always a talking point (and not in a good way) so it'd be great to disguise it other than just lobbing a cushion on top (though it does make a marvellous footstool that way!).
The loo it’s over in the pic is a Dometic but we’ve just replaced that with the Qube 335 and it fits even better. There a similar product also in The Range, see @Jans2 post above :thumb

We’ve just done our first big shop online for the Cali we hope to collect in June. The important bits plus a few extras...mattress topper, roof bungee, awning tie down, electric hookup etc. Trickier decisions to come later, such as crockery, pans, bedding and the rest!

Simon and Angela.

I
I bought one from Dunelm last week - only £12, in faux leather, fits the 335 perfectly and the lid is cushioned so makes a great footstool - bargain !
Plus if you want to store it separately it collapses pretty flat too :thumb

Spare wheel!

You don’t realise how big these wheels are when they’re on the van.

Tomorrow hopefully the carrier for it will arrive. :) In the meantime it fills the boot!

Hope I never need to use it.

82968E6F-B5F6-488C-B729-E3B1B3AAB0C4.jpeg

We've had the carpet fitters in...

Well, actually a bit of Amazon shopping and a trim with a Stanley knife. :cool:

The rubber edging just tucks nicely under the driver and passenger seat rear trim, some shaped cutting to fit around the pillar (about 1cm tucks under the pillar trim) and the curve of the kitchen unit. A few strips of adhesive heavy duty Velcro along the edge by the sliding door holds everything in place. An off-cut fits in the 'corridor'. Hey presto!
Floor Mats 1.jpg

The bench drawer can slide over the carpet when it's in place for day mode..
Floor Mats 3.jpg

A separate piece is cut to size for removal before moving the bench seat into night mode.
Floor Mats 2.jpg

The carpet was 'road tested' on the Gower last week and it stood up to 7 days of normal camping use very well. Easy to brush clean, adds comfort and warmth. So for anyone budget minded, do try these (2 of this size).

Yup - the left piece has been cut so that when removed (lifted up off of the Velcro underneath) the bench can roll forward on the tracks.
Floor Mats 4.jpg
Dooh! I've been 'forced' to reveal my schoolboy error - I didn't get nap to match left to right - oh well I did say that this was a budget solution.

Yup - the left piece has been cut so that when removed (lifted up off of the Velcro underneath) the bench can roll forward on the tracks.
View attachment 32685
Dooh! I've been 'forced' to reveal my schoolboy error - I didn't get nap to match left to right - oh well I did say that this was a budget solution.
It looks like it’s supposed to be like that! :D

Nice job @Pete_Hampton

I also adopted a 2 mat budget option from home base and use them with a slight overlap.
Not as professional as yours :thumb
It does give me the option to just drag the rear mat forward to open the drawer though. however I think i'd better look at employing the stanley knife.
But either way isn't it nice to feel the comfort and warmth without worrying about dirt and wear and tear.

Back