Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Mr Speleo will look for info for you. We are at Devon meet if you want to have a look.
Thx Ms Speleo. A look see at the Devon meet is a good idea, hadn't thought of that! Will put in my diary or I will forget!
Cheers for now.

Great day, picked up the van from the fabulous peeps over at Exploria.
1-Webasto night heater with 7day timer via OEM ducts
2-retrofit multi-function steering wheel
3-retrofit reverse camera
4- battery level indicator for both the Leisure and engine batteries with 2x extra 2.5A USB sockets.

Incredible advice from Exploria and the cherry on the top was a full valet which was not expected.
31e01231aac61ccdf5acf4819d057dbb.jpg
5e79b1641dd124cb9e9df486fd6fdc7a.jpg
bb28d33e3781c0b859ee82944399f38c.jpg
10bf2ff253835af042a9efa7177d0d3b.jpg
39e3f38eb2371424c747c0804e447061.jpg
5ac9ce92771d9584c679977df1afcd0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not really bought, but 3D printed a bracket for the rail to keep the funnel in place when filling up with water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can’t afford a 3D printer, just used a piece of guy rope with a large knot in it which slides in the awning rail as per this post. ;)

(Subsequently found that the funnel starts swinging about when pouring water into it, so attached a second piece of cord to form an inverted triangle to stop the sideways movement.)

https://shop.vwcamper.de/moebelzubehoer/269/einlegeboeden-haengeschrank

Their stuff isn’t cheap but the quality & Finnish are excellent! As you say it’s made the space so much more usable. If you’re not in a hurry pretty much everything on their site gets discounted at some point.

We also use the 'packing cube mountain' method. Have been tempted by these shelves but wondered if the space at the bottom (under the lowest shelf) is actually very accessible? (Although that might still work well as a space to stuff dirty laundry as we go along...).

I was tempted to buy this when I ordered the excellent kitchen drawers from this supplier but I valued having some hanging space and also the doubt of access to the lower part of the wardrobe including the safe. We therefore use packing cubes.

Can’t comment on the safe although I’d imagine access would be fine. There’s plenty adjustment in the shelves so you can position them how you see fit. As we have them above there still four & half inches of clearance between the highest point at the base to the underside of the bottom shelf. With the slim line shelf st the top it allows for larger item like cereal boxes for example to be stored side by side

Can’t comment on the safe although I’d imagine access would be fine. There’s plenty adjustment in the shelves so you can position them how you see fit. As we have them above there still four & half inches of clearance between the highest point at the base to the underside of the bottom shelf. With the slim line shelf st the top it allows for larger item like cereal boxes for example to be stored side by side

Thanks Ryemslie. Sounds like it might work well. At the moment it's a bit of a faff to hoik out each other's packing cubes from the Cupboard of Doom to get at the ones below. Bit of a First World problem admittedly, but would be nice to have a better way on longer trips.

I'd actually been looking at the versions sold by Calitop:
https://calitop.eu/?cat=c6_Shelf-Conversion-Kits-category-6.html&cPath=6

They're a bit cheaper than the Calicap/vwcamper.de ones that Ryemslie used. But don't have the deep shelf edge lips which I suspect would be good to have.

upload_2018-5-22_16-45-34.png

getting prepared for summer!:cool::

Cali venti.jpg

Just purchased the Comfortz Camping Room. Arrived yesterday. Here it is up (but not pegged out) 20180601_155808.jpg 20180601_155834.jpg

New bug zapper, from Poundland for ( you guessed it) a quid. Makes easy work of ridding flies,mozzies etc without squishing them on the roof fabric. IMG_20180606_210615147.jpg

Back