Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Well yes you get four identical wheels so on the nearside the spokes lean away from the direction of rotation whereas on the offside they lean towards it? Thats not very well described but I think its what you mean. It would be the same with any car that has angled spokes.

How as the ride actually changed?
Before: sloppy and feels like it’s going to tip over, point it to a bend and worry the back is going to overtake the front, feeling like I’m driving a bus.
Bouncy castle effect feels like being on the venga bus.
Whilst driving at 81mph in France, feels bouncy and if you hit a large undulation in the road it’s just not the best feeling.
Pull out of a junction a little spiritedly, the front wheels can spin and lose traction.
After: taught steering, turn into a bend and the whole chassis feels like it sits down and is flat, with no roll, no feeling of wanting to tip over.
Planted going over speed humps, potholes, dips and bumps. No rattling or wobbling of things inside.
Whilst driving at motorway speeds, feels planted to the road, bends and undulating road surface soaked up and causes zero concerns, leaving one more relaxed whilst driving.
A more rounded enjoyable driving experience.
Lost only 20mm on the front height clearance, but gained a truckload of enjoyable driving experience. At 30mph on B roads, the idiots who pull out in front of you, causing you to jab the brakes, the whole body hunch’s down on its 4 corners rather than tipping you forward.
It’s like the suspension knows what you want, it’s hard when you want a quick manoeuvre. It’s soft and supportive like a good bra!! When you need it to soak up the bumps and holes.
Truly awe inspiring shock absorber.
It uses Koni’ patented frequency selective damping to ensure the correct level of damping on each corner as to the ever changing road conditions.
Another example, when I pull out of a road, used to get a small amount of tyre spin, and lose traction, tried the same junction, same wet greasy cold road. (I’ve still got the newish BFG K02’s on) And no wheel spin, it’s like the shock is holding the rear, no wheelie as the weight is transferred to the rear of the chassis, and I don’t get that lift up at the front anymore. Pushing the front down so more power is delivered and it’s a lot more noticeable for feeling stuck to the road.
The shock absorbers are truly a work of art.
The extra size diameter of the ARB will help in tandem with the shocks, and keep everything feeling tight and controlled.
That’s the feeling, tight, controlled, as if I am back in control and it’s going to go where I point it. And stay there. Hope that Helps. !

Before: sloppy and feels like it’s going to tip over, point it to a bend and worry the back is going to overtake the front, feeling like I’m driving a bus.
Bouncy castle effect feels like being on the venga bus.
Whilst driving at 81mph in France, feels bouncy and if you hit a large undulation in the road it’s just not the best feeling.
Pull out of a junction a little spiritedly, the front wheels can spin and lose traction.
After: taught steering, turn into a bend and the whole chassis feels like it sits down and is flat, with no roll, no feeling of wanting to tip over.
Planted going over speed humps, potholes, dips and bumps. No rattling or wobbling of things inside.
Whilst driving at motorway speeds, feels planted to the road, bends and undulating road surface soaked up and causes zero concerns, leaving one more relaxed whilst driving.
A more rounded enjoyable driving experience.
Lost only 20mm on the front height clearance, but gained a truckload of enjoyable driving experience. At 30mph on B roads, the idiots who pull out in front of you, causing you to jab the brakes, the whole body hunch’s down on its 4 corners rather than tipping you forward.
It’s like the suspension knows what you want, it’s hard when you want a quick manoeuvre. It’s soft and supportive like a good bra!! When you need it to soak up the bumps and holes.
Truly awe inspiring shock absorber.
It uses Koni’ patented frequency selective damping to ensure the correct level of damping on each corner as to the ever changing road conditions.
Another example, when I pull out of a road, used to get a small amount of tyre spin, and lose traction, tried the same junction, same wet greasy cold road. (I’ve still got the newish BFG K02’s on) And no wheel spin, it’s like the shock is holding the rear, no wheelie as the weight is transferred to the rear of the chassis, and I don’t get that lift up at the front anymore. Pushing the front down so more power is delivered and it’s a lot more noticeable for feeling stuck to the road.
The shock absorbers are truly a work of art.
The extra size diameter of the ARB will help in tandem with the shocks, and keep everything feeling tight and controlled.
That’s the feeling, tight, controlled, as if I am back in control and it’s going to go where I point it. And stay there. Hope that Helps. !
That is a great reply, very clear! And very helpful. Many thanks!!

Some sneak preview photos from the detailer (Ryan David, RPM Poole) after stage 1 polish and ceramic coating done today. Picking up tomorrow.View attachment 70806View attachment 70807View attachment 70808View attachment 70809
Glorious! The dealer did the ceramic coating? I have been offered Autoglym by Crawley but hear it’s worth declining, telling them not to wash it, and taking it straight to a Gtechniq or similar detailer/ceramicist.
Wondering what you paid for ceramic?

Good Morning GG, I am interested in purchasing these carpets, they look great in your van. There are two sizes on the website 100 x 45 and 105 x 45, which size did you purchase ?
Thanks Bud
I went for the 100x45 because I have a Bus-Boxx (shoe box) in the sliding door step. If you haven’t and don’t intend to fit one then i’d go for the 105x45.

I have the same wheels, annoys me as well! Already bought a set of Aracaju.
I have factory fitted Aracaju wheels. Although not so noticeable because of the design they still have ‘spokes’ facing different ways on near and off sides. Obviously, for anybody bothered by this, the only way to avoid it is to buy wheels with straight spokes, will then be symmetrical.

Glorious! The dealer did the ceramic coating? I have been offered Autoglym by Crawley but hear it’s worth declining, telling them not to wash it, and taking it straight to a Gtechniq or similar detailer/ceramicist.
Wondering what you paid for ceramic?
No, private detailer - took it there 3 days after delivery. Dont do Autoglym with the dealer - not worth it! I paid £895 for stage 1 polish and ceramic protection for paint glass and wheels (different products).

No, private detailer - took it there 3 days after delivery. Dont do Autoglym with the dealer - not worth it! I paid £895 for stage 1 polish and ceramic protection for paint glass and wheels (different products).
Thanks. What product did they use?

Bought 50 cms of 25 mm id clear soft plastic tubing to make protective feet for rear door chairs.

£3 on clearance at my local Sainsburys this morning!
That’s a bargain full price is £10. Frustratingly we’ve been trying to get one for weeks, all our Sainsbury’s & on line only have the XXL size.

Outwell double sleeping bag and liner. Like it’s versatility as it can be used as a double sleeping bag, 2 single sleeping bags, or just as a duvets (single or double thickness).

Attachments

• 9AA00312-EA93-4D77-A38E-1920B7604407.jpeg
    9AA00312-EA93-4D77-A38E-1920B7604407.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 48
Heko wind deflectors for my Coast which has not arrived yet. Got to have sone bling ready to adorn it

Atera STRADA EVO 3 with the 4th bike adaptor.
I’m waiting (forever it seems) for the Atera Genio Plus to come back into stock. It’s been months but apparently new stock in early 2021.

I’m waiting (forever it seems) for the Atera Genio Plus to come back into stock. It’s been months but apparently new stock in early 2021.
That looks impressive! I’m now hoping mine will have a big enough tilt. I’ve read that the number plate gap is slightly different to standard on the Atera so I will be measuring before ordering my number plate.

It’ll be worth it. I bought one last year - my Thule one didn’t allow the rear door to open so I sold it - and I am very pleased with both the quality and the ease of fitting. I use it for two very heavy electric bikes.

Back