Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I'm slowly buying bits and bobs in readiness for picking up the Ocean from Preston in 3 weeks time. Latest purchase has been an Aeropress coffee press and a hand-cranked coffee grinder to force me to chill and enjoy the slower pace of life!

For anyone that's considering an Aeropress, I can say that it's straightforward to use, makes great coffee and the grinder fits inside it, so the whole setup is very compact.

Simon.

Just bought a pop up shell for the beachSummer here we come!
abc63e2af54f10e0791117586f6ecc3d.jpg

Great piece to add shade at the lake, beach or whereverDecent quality and easy to fold.

Last edited:
B75C0011-7DD6-4EFC-8E71-69D26EDBD52A.jpeg F464565C-F367-437B-858A-20EC69ECA9B5.jpeg 8F25D31F-1ED3-45C6-8232-7191C1CFB5EE.jpeg 62C9061B-79E4-4EE2-9C02-9629CC74283A.jpeg F6612EF2-AAF6-4CF1-B71A-791AF1252E87.jpeg C1F1F5D5-092E-4F09-A4A3-DD48ACFEA1CA.jpeg 7A3EB42D-8342-4D41-A30A-5E80351E7FF7.jpeg Met a lovely Swiss woman on Loire Saumur campsite traveling in a white Ocean Edition. There were mosquitoes a plenty but she was fine due to a sliding door mosquito net in black from Maxxcamp.de.
It fitted very securely with magnets.
I ordered one there and then. Ordering was a bit of a faff as already discussed elsewhere on this forum - tick the PayPal box to pay and an email will arrive couple of days later. You then pay Maxxcamp.de by giving their email address in the pay a bill section of your PayPal account. Twenty four hours later you are given notification of the arrival date. All in all takes about seven days to arrive and you can track every stage of the journey.
Very good quality plasticised black nylon mesh with strong sown in magmets that attach to the sliding door frame, a zip divides door 2/3 and 1/3 when looking straight on. The door can be closed with net in place. Very light and folds small.
Cost 137€ plus 18€ freight plus 19% VAT
Total 155€. But costly but mosquito free.

Last edited:
View attachment 35111 View attachment 35112 View attachment 35113 View attachment 35115 View attachment 35116 View attachment 35117 View attachment 35118 Met a lovely Swiss woman on Loire Saumur campsite traveling in a white Ocean Edition. There were mosquitoes a plenty but she was fine due to a sliding door mosquito net in black from Maxxcamp.de.
I ordered one there and then. Ordering was a bit of a faff as already discussed elsewhere on this forum - tick the PayPal box to pay and an email will arrive couple of days later. You then pay Maxxcamp.de by giving their email address in the pay a bill section of your email account. Twenty four hours later you are given notification of the arrival date. All in all takes about seven days to arrive and you can track every stage of the journey.
Very good quality plasticised black nylon mesh with strong sown in magmets that attach to the sliding door frame, a zip divides door 2/3 and 1/3 when looking straight on. The door can be closed with net in place. Very light and folds small.
We have the same for the side and rear door and as you say keeps the mosquitoes and fly's out but also stopped our dogs jumping out as soon as we open the side door. Very happy with the screens and although not the cheapest out there I would not hesitate to recommend.

View attachment 35111 View attachment 35112 View attachment 35113 View attachment 35115 View attachment 35116 View attachment 35117 View attachment 35118 Met a lovely Swiss woman on Loire Saumur campsite traveling in a white Ocean Edition. There were mosquitoes a plenty but she was fine due to a sliding door mosquito net in black from Maxxcamp.de.
I ordered one there and then. Ordering was a bit of a faff as already discussed elsewhere on this forum - tick the PayPal box to pay and an email will arrive couple of days later. You then pay Maxxcamp.de by giving their email address in the pay a bill section of your email account. Twenty four hours later you are given notification of the arrival date. All in all takes about seven days to arrive and you can track every stage of the journey.

I have thatone a while now and like it a lot , very easy in use .
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fly-screen-in-the-sliding-door-from-maxxcamp.14569/

+1 for the bike rack, though mine is 2nd hand. Took a whole 10 minutes to fit single handed. Also had two new tyres fitted to my alloys, which were then fitted for me.
Pic to follow :thumb

Get some fresh beans as well rather than stale off the shelf beans.

I'm slowly buying bits and bobs in readiness for picking up the Ocean from Preston in 3 weeks time. Latest purchase has been an Aeropress coffee press and a hand-cranked coffee grinder to force me to chill and enjoy the slower pace of life!

For anyone that's considering an Aeropress, I can say that it's straightforward to use, makes great coffee and the grinder fits inside it, so the whole setup is very compact.

Simon.

But don't bin the off the shelf stuff - use it to season the burrs on the grinder (assuming they are not ceramic)
Get some fresh beans as well rather than stale off the shelf beans.

Well here it is (for bottom of fridge). Hmmm, certainly cheap at £2.49. Its thinner than the trivet and I wonder if it's just a tad too close to the bottom of the fridge. It's made of soft plastic - wont rattle, and you can trim it to the perfect size. Will see if it works in a few weeks when we go to the Devon meet.
View attachment 33012
Well as it turned out we used this in conjunction with the trivet. Used the soft pad as the photo and put the trivet on top. This creates about 4/5 mm of gap between fridge floor and contents. No wet soggy bottoms when we got to Braunston (or Tenby for that matter).

Arrived in the post today from Everything California :thumb
New Ridge Monkey and some Levellers which I'm trying out on the drive tonight to see if it's any cooler in there than in bed.

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG

Last edited:
Calicap drawer set - easy to fit and much better than the boxes we had in the cupboard.
www.calicap.de

View attachment 35374

View attachment 35375
Hi, I have been looking at these drawers for a while - you mention that they were easy to fit. Are they fixed in with double side tape I.e. don't require any drilling etc. I appreciate that they are expensive but in your opinion do you think they are worth it? How long did they take to come from Germany?

Hi, I have been looking at these drawers for a while - you mention that they were easy to fit. Are they fixed in with double side tape I.e. don't require any drilling etc. I appreciate that they are expensive but in your opinion do you think they are worth it? How long did they take to come from Germany?
No drilling required. The instructions are in German but the only critical thing is to line up the runners. Take a bit of care and cannot go wrong. For us, they have made our lives so much easier, we are better organised. A little space is lost but now these drawers would be my first storage accessory without a doubt after the countless box combinations we tried.

Mine came in 3 days. I was amazed.

Hi Kevin as El Greco says no drilling they are fixed with tape that is supplied already fitted to the units, simply line up with the existing drawer brackets and Bob's your uncle.
I ordered on the 26th June and they arrived yesterday, delivered by DPD with full tracking from Germany.
They do seem expensive for what you are getting however when fitted they certainly look the part and appear to be good quality, the drawers are exactly the same size as the existing one and have a soft closer mechanism.

Quite expensive, maybe not in Switzerland but cable looks decent quality.

I guess you‘re right. What do you guys pay for this kind of cable - just curious. I bought local and as far as I know this is the „best“ price

I guess you‘re right. What do you guys pay for this kind of cable - just curious. I bought local and as far as I know this is the „best“ price
About £28-30 for a 2.5mm cable, 25metre. £28 in the Cali club shop.

652FB00B-CBB1-450A-8808-B71A0834A1A4.jpeg EA4D2839-A73F-4E17-8039-A6E0CB4F2D01.jpegBought a roll of rubber matting and I've cut a piece to fit between the front seats and also to cover the hump that none of the other mats I've seen seem to reach. It's worked a lot better than I'd thought it would and also have loads left over for the steps and maybe the base of the cupboards.. We'll see...

Back