Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Had our Coast for two months - very happy so far, but thinking of investing in chrome bumper protector - any feedback on any you have - and pros / cons of chrome.

Many thanks
No thoughts on chrome. Did fit a Vanstyle carbon fibre one 4 years back and I've only recently noticed a small crack though abuse.

Whatever you choose do it sooner rather than later.

I

Agreed it is very confusing although they do taste good with jam on and even better if you chuck a few raisins in the mix
I have them spicy. Butter, black pepper, cayenne pepper or chilli powder and salt. Our builders loved them when we had a build, but then again they would have probably loved any free food.

Had our Coast for two months - very happy so far, but thinking of investing in chrome bumper protector - any feedback on any you have - and pros / cons of chrome.

Many thanks
I bought this brushed chrome protector: https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/tailgate-brushed-rear-bumper-protector-p-5533.html

excellent quality, well made and looks great .. to my eyes at least

however, it's not exactly centred - I fitted it alone - as the sticky pads are super sticky and you can't adjust once you put the metal down ..

you have to place it just right before you push it on. One time fix only, best done with 2 people ...

08672A6D-5D0A-44BA-B7F2-E46E61B01D0E.jpeg

I bought this brushed chrome protector: https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/tailgate-brushed-rear-bumper-protector-p-5533.html

excellent quality, well made and looks great .. to my eyes at least

however, it's not exactly centred - I fitted it alone - as the sticky pads are super sticky and you can't adjust once you put the metal down ..

you have to place it just right before you push it on. One time fix only, best done with 2 people ...

View attachment 96741
Looks good @SFO

A tip for fitting is to use masking tape ‘hinges’ applied to the top surface of the protector and to the bumper to acurately position it before unpeeling the self adhesive tape.

After a couple of trips and a little bit of learning how we want to live with the van this week's bank account rinses:

Duvalay 5cm mattress topper.
2 x Duvalay pillows.
Porta Potti 335 + chemicals
Cinch Hub and dark inner tent
Calicap Wardrobe shelves

All still in boxes by the front door. (apart from the Cinch tent as it hasn't arrived yet).

Any suggestions on a bag to store the Duvalay topper?

Are you there for a while @soulstyledevon ?
If so, there’s a lovely walk starting in Wengen. Take the cable car to Mannlichen, then walk to Kleine Scheidegg - beautiful views of the Eiger, Jungfrau and Monch. Walk back to Wengen if you have the energy or take the train down.

Are you there for a while @soulstyledevon ?
If so, there’s a lovely walk starting in Wengen. Take the cable car to Mannlichen, then walk to Kleine Scheidegg - beautiful views of the Eiger, Jungfrau and Monch. Walk back to Wengen if you have the energy or take the train down.

We left today, moved round to Grindelwald for a couple of nights.
Not sure where after that, considering Vitznau or Furke.

The flexibility of a Cali holiday - Great :)
Lakeside at Vitznau would be lovely. I’m jealous :)

Well jel. It’s a magical place. I could never tire of snow capped mountains with a blue sky back drop, and a Dunkle in the foreground obvs :cheers

I now have an Altera Strada DL3 bike carrier and a combined Italian/Spanish warning sign.
View attachment 95649
I also have similar bike carrier the Thule model.
But I had to purchase today the fiamma bike carrier as an extra, due to parking issues my parents house.
As I am one of the vertically challenged, I lowered the carrier , which makes it more manageable , and takes the bike out of the airstream.
I also purchased an extra number plate as the bike obscures the one mounted normally on the cargo door. I,m very pleased with the result and had no need to drill extra holes. It did require some new shims around the hinges for the carrier.

2BB24E75-46A5-404E-AED3-B33E878E6E3A.jpeg

F0FB0DA7-2D6C-4D07-93E1-2C972EF91938.jpeg

C2387A57-A8EE-40DD-B2A8-3D0ED260F32A.jpeg

Building my Cali stash in anticipation of my beach (3 seater bench) arriving soon.

- Euro Crate Storage boxes for the rear inspired by this thread.

E894A185-8724-421E-9993-7A9DF4234BE7.jpeg

I don’t suppose anybody with a Beach pull out boot tray knows how much space there is from the tray to the bottom of the multiflex?

This will be 44cm tall when I add a bamboo chopping board lid. I hope that they fit :D

Also bought:

- Enamel deep plates and pie dish bowls from Falcon enamel.
- Bungee & Hook up cable from the club shop.
- Single duvet cover to use as a sheet for the top mattress.
- Outwell collapsible kettle
- 2 in 1 Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detector.

Trying to hold off buying anything else until the van arrives…

Last edited:
Building my Cali stash in anticipation of my beach arriving soon.

- Euro Crate Storage boxes for the rear inspired by this thread.

View attachment 96805

I don’t suppose anybody with a Beach pull out boot tray knows how much space there is from the tray to the bottom of the multiflex?

This will be 44cm tall when I add a bamboo chopping board lid. I hope that they fit :D

Also bought:

- Enamel deep plates and pie dish bowls from Falcon enamel.
- Bungee & Hook up cable from the club shop.
- Single duvet cover to use as a sheet for the top mattress.
- Outwell collapsible kettle
- 2 in 1 Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detector.

Trying to hold off buying anything else until the van arrives…
Looks like you are having fun getting ready for your new arrival.

Unless something has changed with latest Beaches you may find the bungee isn't needed. Some Beach owners find them useful, others less so as the roof design and manual closing means less opportunity to trap the canvas.

Unless something has changed with latest Beaches you may find the bungee isn't needed. Some Beach owners find them useful, others less so as the roof design and manual closing means less opportunity to trap the canvas.
Plus the manual roof doesn't have the large scissor mechanism (just a pair of gas pistons) at the front so less opportunity for fabric to get trapped.

Too tall with shelf in normal position. My dealer measured 36cm
Thanks. Is this for the 3 seater bench or 2 seater? (I have a 3 seater coming).

If the boxes are too big one of the layers will be useful for my junk in the garage :)

Reactions: Dec

Thanks for the info. I would rather not have to use a bungee as prefer the look without.

But for the relatively cheap price of it compared to the van I thought I would put it on until I got used to the van.

Back