Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Get the idea
f014622fda82576a2f3d7c32557e958b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

P8270342.JPG

Looks familiar. I was given this when I bought my cali more than two years ago. I have never been able to figure out how it works, so when you do, maybe an explanation for my benefit?
I decided that a hand coiled cable in a carry bag was easier and took less space.

Time for a post summer water tank cleansing. Bought a WM Aquatec Water treatment kit. Dexda Clean, Calcium cleaner, and finally a siver ion generator puck to put in afterwards.

Yes, exactly those options, from memory (currently in Eire, heading for the Wild Atlantic way).
C

curious. Are both sets of batteries really AGM? Original VW batteries? Does the software autodetect the type its communicating with in the van? Reason I ask is I thought the leisure batteries were lead acid.
Picture attached of 1st leisure battery under LH seat. I haven’t checked the second leisure under the wardrobe, but the engine battery is identical.

4C18137E-0653-490D-AC40-AA679FFF0F7A.jpeg

C

curious. Are both sets of batteries really AGM? Original VW batteries? Does the software autodetect the type its communicating with in the van? Reason I ask is I thought the leisure batteries were lead acid.
Sorry to be pedantic but AGM batteries are lead acid. It’s just the electrolyte is held in a gel in a glass matt between the lead plates.

Sorry to be pedantic but AGM batteries are lead acid. It’s just the electrolyte is held in a gel in a glass matt between the lead plates.
Yes, the same basic science but the AGM implementation offers significant advantages such as longer lifespan and lower self discharge rate. Maybe I should have said flooded lead acid batteries.

Box of cook’s matches from the festival shop tent. Forgot the clicky gas firelighter thingy as I left it in the kitchen after refuelling, didn’t bring the cook’s blowtorch and had moved my firesteel out of the camping box when firelighting with the grandkids in the garden. What a doughnut!!

Nearly hit a deer last week so bought a pair of deer whistles. Who knows whether they work? Doubt i’ll ever know :) Anyway, very inexpensive so thought I might as well try them.

3E692D30-4ABA-488A-9E5B-69EFD6D49D46.jpeg

Last edited:
Fitted my second panel this weekend. Being a Beach the first one was simple, the second could be done blindfolded.
View attachment 98625
Still trying to get my head around the different charging states and the V vs A coming into the batteries! Head spinning. So far getting to grips with it and even charged an iPad via the inverter just to test the drain on the batteries and the recharge top-up from the panel. For me I think one will do. For now!

Thing I learned over the past few days owning these. DO NOT store them together by sticking them together via the magnets. These magnets are super strong and I had to use a pry tool to separate them with nearly all my strength! ;-)
Magnets joined together will separate more easily if you slide them apart rather than try to pull them apart. (Give it a try)

Magnets joined together will separate more easily if you slide them apart rather than try to pull them apart. (Give it a try)
Tried that. These magnets are beasts. Fortunately I had a good quality pry tool that wouldn't scratch them in the process of separation. ;-)

nice, how is your MPG? I compromised slightly to save fuel, but keep as much AT as I can with 3peaks, mud&snow, all season - Michelin Agilis Crossclimate Van tires... similar colour van to you..
I don't believe @4x4 joker has the BFG's on his new van but I do on mine. You will lose some MPG (I calculate in liters/100km here) however they are outstanding all season tyres. One thing that turns many people off is the fear of road noise and it's very important to note that BF Goodrich had a lot of issues with the compounds in their newer factory in Europe (Hungary I believe) and these tyres are quite noisy. They are trying to address that but there is a lot of inventory of these floating around.
I worked with my dealer to ensure mine were "made in USA" stamped on the tyre. These are not as quiet as the tyres you mention but they are more than acceptable for such a quality tyre considering my use cases (lots of gravel roads, snow, rain and offroad when I feel like it).

I don't believe @4x4 joker has the BFG's on his new van but I do on mine. You will lose some MPG (I calculate in liters/100km here) however they are outstanding all season tyres. One thing that turns many people off is the fear of road noise and it's very important to note that BF Goodrich had a lot of issues with the compounds in their newer factory in Europe (Hungary I believe) and these tyres are quite noisy. They are trying to address that but there is a lot of inventory of these floating around.
I worked with my dealer to ensure mine were "made in USA" stamped on the tyre. These are not as quiet as the tyres you mention but they are more than acceptable for such a quality tyre considering my use cases (lots of gravel roads, snow, rain and offroad when I feel like it).
Had BFGs on my old joker for a couple of years, noise wasn’t an issue. Mpg was though around 4-5mpg.
Plus side to BFG is you very rarely get stones stuck in the tread like my latitude cross very annoying, tyre wear was great too.
If fuel prices ever drop back then may consider them again.

I'm slowly sorting my storage solutions with this latest addition, the two window bags from Felleisen. The quality seems to be quite good and I like that they install with a metal frame as opposed to velcro. The front one is a bit close to the seat bench; I'll have to be careful how I pack the lower portion.

IMG_9681D.jpeg

I'm slowly sorting my storage solutions with this latest addition, the two window bags from Felleisen. The quality seems to be quite good and I like that they install with a metal frame as opposed to velcro. The front one is a bit close to the seat bench; I'll have to be careful how I pack the lower portion.

View attachment 98695
Very nice - Like the look of those. Not seen those before.

Back