Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Not a purchase but made a cargo net for the roof as we don’t use the child safety net.
3388a97e38b0b7b13554ce195d997a5a.jpg

(Net, 4 clips, elasticated rope)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought inka seat covers last November. Had them delivered last week. Did bought some brandrup covers in the meantime. Not shire wich pair I will be selling on. View attachment 97416View attachment 97415View attachment 97416
They look nice, I am considering a set with red stripes for our red van. I don't suppose you could post a photo of the back of the front seats could you ? I am interested to see what the map pockets end up like after they are fitted.

I bought this tent from Delcathon with two sleeping sections and a high middle section instead an awning. I prefer sleeping in a tent with the dog when on a camp ground and this way the camper can remain in lounge mode.
Tent.jpeg

Testing out my new PowerOak 420 watt panel. Very pleased so far! I've got 170 watts of integrated solar, but often need a touch more to power all my gadgets, use electric hob, electric grill, charge the electric bikes and skateboards, etc. Stellar so far! Today was quite sunny and combined solar output between integrated and this external panel was 500-550 watts on average. I have separate Victron MPPT's for each setup:

IMG_2572.jpeg

IMG_2571.jpeg

Been using these for a while now instead of tent pegs for awning, toilet tent, guy ropes, ground sheet etc. Go in any almost any surface in about 3 seconds each, even the hard ground we've encountered these last few weeks. Best part is my 8 year old happily does this job, and puts them in and takes them out without help using a small 12v cordless screwdriver, which wouldn't be the case with pegs and hammer.

General pegs - M10 x 160mm

Pegs that fit through the awning leg holes. - M8 x 120mm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074V891Y1/?tag=eliteelect-21

13mm Socket
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000O563PW/?tag=eliteelect-21

Hex adapter
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N9CXNQX/?tag=eliteelect-21

22-08-16 19-01-39 1583.jpg

I bought this tent from Delcathon with two sleeping sections and a high middle section instead an awning. I prefer sleeping in a tent with the dog when on a camp ground and this way the camper can remain in lounge mode.
View attachment 97667
A Sheltie or a rough Collie

We’ve a Cali Sheltie as well.. she loves the bench

FCB5602F-DBE7-4DA7-B28D-FEB99D0D1EDC.jpeg

Bought some FlexiMags for the Thule awning/marquise legs. Comes in handy with uneven or sloping terrain, in a parking spot, or finally if I don't feel like staking things to the ground. Will need to test this with some wind though and today is sunny and calm. Quite pleased so far! Very high quality and good first impressions. Front side that touches the paint is high quality and don't expect any damage to paint but will keep a close eye. Uses primarily magnets with slight suction and a bolt where the stake would go through the leg fastened with a custom hand nut in black:

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2609 2.jpg

Bought some FlexiMags for the Thule awning/marquise legs. Comes in handy with uneven or sloping terrain, in a parking spot, or finally if I don't feel like staking things to the ground. Will need to test this with some wind though and today is sunny and calm. Quite pleased so far! Very high quality and good first impressions. Front side that touches the paint is high quality and don't expect any damage to paint but will keep a close eye. Uses primarily magnets with slight suction and a bolt where the stake would go through the leg fastened with a custom hand nut in black:

View attachment 97912

View attachment 97913
They're neat! Look like they work well. I wonder if anyone ships to the UK?

Worst case I'm happy to help out if need be. That's what we're all here for right?
That is very kind, I'm quite tempted, unless someone here knows a UK available equivalent? On another thread we've been thinking about going to Shetland where most of the campsites are actually tarmacked carparks so I've been considering solutions to pop out the awning occasionally, obviously when it's not too windy, but even then I'd be a bit nervous of a sudden gust of wind!

Looks like they work well?

Last edited:
A battery monitor for the main battery.

View attachment 98043
Yup. Have two of those, one on motor, second on leisure. The app switches easily between them.
Shunt type meters are better because they monitor loads instead of voltage, but those are much more expensive and a palaver to install. Maybe later…

Bought a bonnet deflector from Vanstyle as getting a lot of stone chips on the bonnet recently.

8F5EFCD4-DD34-4815-9BDD-E8E1276CC728.jpeg

Yup. Have two of those, one on motor, second on leisure. The app switches easily between them.
Shunt type meters are better because they monitor loads instead of voltage, but those are much more expensive and a palaver to install. Maybe later…
Hi,
I have fitted one of these to the leisure batterie, a brilliant and easy to use cost effective monitor using the app. (Range works ok for me whilst I am in my home with camper nearby)
I held back on fitting to the main as not sure how the App would deal with two.
You say app works ok switching between the two?

Back