Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

hi the van looks great i am tempted to go the same route as you, how did you find the fitting of the ladder i guess drilling of the boot lid was a worry? Also what lift kit did you fit?
Hi, the lift kit is a Bilstein 35mm (shocks and coils). The ladder is pretty easy to fit, the assembly takes way longer than the actual fitting. I didn’t actually drill the door, there are two options for the bottom bracket, drill and screw or 3m tape, I went for the latter. I only need to access the roof occasionally and it’s pretty rock solid. The design is such that all the weight goes down and 8n so really not any force to tear it away from the door.

Top tip, don’t leave the top mounting bracket on the roof when measuring up and then drive off and run it over! I had to plead with Front Runner to sell me a replacement bracket rather than an entire new ladder!

IMG_5278.jpg

Really useful hooks, clever design as a simple hook , or with two opposed hooks as a ‘closed’ hook also thirdly as a shopping bag holder by passing the plastic handles through the centre hole and looping over.

Ollie, who makes these, says they are also available in grey, and his website will be updated shortly.

Last edited:
Marvel mats from Dunelm. 2 x 50 x 150cm mats fit really well. Cut down to size with enough left over to cover the centre section between the seats.
Colours not to everyone’s tastes but I said my 8yo son could choose as I dragged him to the shop against his will! :D

BF341091-FB36-4AF7-B344-EAECE7F748B3.jpeg

Marvel mats from Dunelm. 2 x 50 x 150cm mats fit really well. Cut down to size with enough left over to cover the centre section between the seats.
Colours not to everyone’s tastes but I said my 8yo son could choose as I dragged him to the shop against his will! :D

View attachment 106438
They look great - do they just stack one on the other to pull the bed out? And is it just the length that you have to cut to get them to fit?

They look great - do they just stack one on the other to pull the bed out? And is it just the length that you have to cut to get them to fit?
I bought 2 extra wide runners for mine. I put tape on the runners where the seat moved furthest forward to. Then placed 1 runner to the left . I think it fitted exactly to where the seat is when furthermore back.
The next runner goes over the trim that holds the cab carpet to the living area flooring.
Because they are rubber backed, they trim easily with a Stanley knife and with scissors without fraying. They also wash well in the washing machine.

Screenshot_20230115_124420_Photos.jpg

I bought 2 extra wide runners for mine. I put tape on the runners where the seat moved furthest forward to. Then placed 1 runner to the left . I think it fitted exactly to where the seat is when furthermore back.
The next runner goes over the trim that holds the cab carpet to the living area flooring.
Because they are rubber backed, they trim easily with a Stanley knife and with scissors without fraying. They also wash well in the washing machine.

View attachment 106658
That’s some hill you’ve parked on.

Clicky

2x changing robes (aka fake dry robes) from Regatta currently at 50% off so £59.95 each with free p&p - so £100 each cheaper than a DryRobe!20230403_143535.jpg20230403_143520.jpg - plus another 20% off if you have a Defence Discount Card, or 10% extra off if you sign up for emails. Absolute bargain I reckon.

I went for the large/extra large size and it is massive! Fully fleece lined and very warm. Also available without the graphics of you prefer.

Last edited:
VW original parts, you can find the code number on the back as pictured.
really nice and superb quality!

Back