Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Got myself two Campingaz 907s for a very respectable price considered how much some places are charging for an empty bottle!

The little shelf above the kitchen from CampervanBits - for all those things I keep moving out of the way when camping - specs, book, watch etc, to keep the ‘worktop’ clear. Fits very easily with no fixings needed and can be left in place all the time. Happy with my purchase!
b74faead2a5152c055af9d88ea2f8475.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd buy one if I could find one!!!

I'm after a very small waterproof tent/shelter to peg outside of the van during wet spells to prevent children's wet shoes, footballs, etc finding their way in...

Any recommendations, links or suggestions please?

Thanks

I'm after a very small waterproof tent/shelter to peg outside of the van during wet spells to prevent children's wet shoes, footballs, etc finding their way in...

Thanks
How about cheap waterproof shoe bags from Amazon ?
And store underneath ?

I lost an expensive trainer after storing shoes under the van. Luckily it was found in the middle of the campsite. It had been picked up by someone’s dog!
Oh no! Must have been in contact with some meaty Boneo smell for the dog to want to play with it ;)
I guess you could store it in future in a boot bag and stake the boot bag to the ground :thumb
Outdoor World Premium Boot Bag - Water-Resistant Wide Zip Opening Unisex - Shoe Storage Bag for Hiking, Walking, Football, Rugby, Golf Gym Shoes - Suitable for Adults, Children, Men, Women (Pink) https://amzn.eu/d/3CuRidY

I love these - where can we buy them?
Pure plastics - we got the Carbon ones, they look really good fitted.

Thanks
Cheap Oxford tarps very adaptable and the size of a sandwich when in the supplied bag.
if you want to make a tent simply get a couple of adjustable tarp poles so you can make a bivy.
I added a couple of additional plastic knock in eyelets to create more securing points.

4C9521DD-9E50-4D6B-853C-32E76430B3AE.jpeg

327EC6F7-E2EF-468B-A082-FDEE10917757.jpeg

01C91D9A-51A1-44B1-A637-E101F2F55499.png

Or something like this , but takes up a bit of room and are a PITA to fold

A5DD4C5A-D073-461A-AA62-2E57946A6337.png

Last edited:
Not sure about this. Carrying glass and paraffin (!?) in the van not great but my wife wanted it and it is German, I think, which always pulls me in.
1681657718494.jpeg

Pure plastics - we got the Carbon ones, they look really good fitted.

Thanks @BeagleMum. Pictures look amazing. I think we’ve just been lucky so far the children haven’t damaged the glass so far!

Got myself two Campingaz 907s for a very respectable price considered how much some places are charging for an empty bottle!
Empty bottles are usually available for next to nothing on Facebook marketplace. I recently grabbed a 902 and 907 for a tenner each.

Cheap Oxford tarps very adaptable and the size of a sandwich when in the supplied bag.
if you want to make a tent simply get a couple of adjustable tarp poles so you can make a bivy.
I added a couple of additional plastic knock in plastic eyelets to create more securing points.

View attachment 107369

View attachment 107370

View attachment 107371

Or something like this , but takes up a bit of room and are a PITA to fold

View attachment 107372
Do you have any issue with these on the 'no tents whatsoever' type of campsite? Not sure how common they are, but I've seen that rule pop up a few times recently while researching a trip.

Do you have any issue with these on the 'no tents whatsoever' type of campsite? Not sure how common they are, but I've seen that rule pop up a few times recently while researching a trip.
Generally campsites with a no tent rule are complying with the licensing agreement with the Local authority.

a tarp draped over items to keep them dry is not considered a tent, particularly as no one can sleep under it in that form. Which is the key point .
if you were to make a tent out of the tarp that may be a different matter

i have had no issues while using the tarp to cover up gear stored outside

Thanks
We use black bin liners and stow the items under the van

Thanks
Argos, pop up tents.

Thanks
A tent could be useful for the kids shoes unless you stay at a site where there are foxes. The Abbeywood site has a warning not to leave shoes out as foxes run off with them and yes they do run off with them.

A tent could be useful for the kids shoes unless you stay at a site where there are foxes. The Abbeywood site has a warning not to leave shoes out as foxes run off with them and yes they do run off with them.
My wife would be so cross watching a wammal running off with her berlanceargos hahahhaha

Im joking, she wears Skechers and crocs :)

Back