Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Off topic but are those powder coated davenports? If so how do you rate them - robustness etc.? Considering a set for winter.
Yes they are. Been powder coated since new (5yrs) gloss black. There isn't any signs of wear apart from one stone chip but they are not cleaned with acid or alcaline only pH neutral stuff. Tyres are van contact 200s.

In comparison the 18 inch diamond cut alloys on our VW touran started to bubble after year 3.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Thats where my Ecoflow Delta 2 sits
I was ignorant on that ecoflow, I have checked online :)
great device, powerful...
price around 1.000 euro?!
is that worth it?
for 23 euro I can throw there all the disorganised stuff in an roughly organised way :)))

I was ignorant on that ecoflow, I have checked online :)
great device, powerful...
price around 1.000 euro?!
is that worth it?
for 23 euro I can throw there all the disorganised stuff in an roughly organised way :)))
For me its a game changer. As I don't use EHU and wild camp 90% of the time when traveling. I no longer have onboard power anxiety and it powers a 720W kettle. Also my garage doesn't have a power supply and this unit keeps the leisure batteries fully charged via the 230V socket when in storage.

Is it a sausage dog? Its a bit narrow to curl up

I had to put her on a rack to stretch her out a bit but she fits perfectly now. Also doubles up as a draught excluder for the bottom of the pop top. I try to ensure that everything in the van serves dual purpose, much more efficient ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double set of Fire Safety Sticks, a 100 and a 50. Like the idea of not making a mess if the worst happens inside the van, they are a good size and light weight for storage. Club discount code worked ok. My old 1kg dry extinguisher is probably 5 years out of date by now anyway. More expensive than a normal dry power. £140 with discount and free shipping.

20230901_130325.jpg

Double set of Fire Safety Sticks, a 100 and a 50. Like the idea of not making a mess if the worst happens inside the van, they are a good size and light weight for storage. Club discount code worked ok. My old 1kg dry extinguisher is probably 5 years out of date by now anyway. More expensive than a normal dry power. £140 with discount and free shipping.

View attachment 113773
I’ve kept the small one in the drivers seat side pocket in a glove. And the big one is in the kitchen in case the air fryer goes up :D
But priceless for peace of mind.
Now I’m thinking about a window opener under water.
Why do the adverts play to my OCD ?
In the old days when doing metal work in collage, we had an auto hole punch for creating a hole to stop the drill from wandering off the mark.

I’ve kept the small one in the drivers seat side pocket in a glove. And the big one is in the kitchen in case the air fryer goes up :D
But priceless for peace of mind.
Now I’m thinking about a window opener under water.
Why do the adverts play to my OCD ?
In the old days when doing metal work in collage, we had an auto hole punch for creating a hole to stop the drill from wandering off the mark.
auto hole punch - what luxury When I did a workshop course I made a centre punch which you hit with a hammer, never used it always used the automatic centre punch.

auto hole punch - what luxury When I did a workshop course I made a centre punch which you hit with a hammer, never used it always used the automatic centre punch.
That’s what I was trying to think of.
Auto centre punch !
Wonder if I google search….

After struggling with the collapsing "fiberglass" flag pole at Wilderness bough the 4 piece upgrade which is a more solid pole and cracking quality. Super pleased.

View attachment 112966
Don't get the flag thing. Flapping away all night at the side of the van. I've been known to go on night manoeuvres before and drop some of these annoying things.

Don't get the flag thing. Flapping away all night at the side of the van. I've been known to go on night manoeuvres before and drop some of these annoying things.
True - we had the same at Wilderness and dropped it one night. On the new one I'll just use two flags which are well above the van. Taking down on the night anyway isn't a bad shout.

Mozzi light and multi plug for the EHU

View attachment 113816

View attachment 113817
We’ve got a couple of the lights and they work very well.
Regarding the EHU splitter, we’ve got a T-piece that gives us an external 13Amp socket that we plug an Induction Hob into when we’re cooking outside which is useful. However, be aware that some over fussy U.K. Club campsites ban any intermediate connections in the EHU cable.

IMG_4715.jpeg

We’ve got a couple of the lights and they work very well.
Regarding the EHU splitter, we’ve got a T-piece that gives us an external 13Amp socket that we plug an Induction Hob into when we’re cooking outside which is useful. However, be aware that some over fussy U.K. Club campsites ban any intermediate connections in the EHU cable.

View attachment 113831
We have had the splitter problem before. We just hid it in our awning and the splitter police were none the wiser.

Back