Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Another neat idea to maintain order in the Cali. Thanks to @Californication69 for the edging customisation idea. This is how it should come from the factory. Now I have a perfect home for the cellphone, pee bottle and crocs

View attachment 113842
They are absoluley brilliant, you can build a switch in, so you can turn the USB output on and off.
I like that there is a display and it tells you directly the Lesuire voltage ! :thumb

Another neat idea to maintain order in the Cali. Thanks to @Californication69 for the edging customisation idea. This is how it should come from the factory. Now I have a perfect home for the cellphone, pee bottle and crocs

View attachment 113842
Same here. Installed a 4 port USB/3-port 12v box on ours, fed from the useless 12v socket just behind it.

Just bought an ABT splitter and grill surrounds

They are absoluley brilliant, you can build a switch in, so you can turn the USB output on and off.
I like that there is a display and it tells you directly the Lesuire voltage ! :thumb
Where do you order the little storage unit that fits on the sliding door please ? Looks really useful

Where do you order the little storage unit that fits on the sliding door please ? Looks really useful
And I recommend getting the factory finished version. I made the mistake of ordering the flat pack DIY kit. The factory one has nice black rivets holding it together and long strips of adhesive velcro. The DIY uses ugly silver bolts and only has 7 small velcro squares. I had to spend another 5 euro for some black domed Allen head bolts.

The manufacturer is Bus Boxx but I believe they no longer ship to the UK directly. They do sell them on ebay but with shipping the cost is over three times what you pay on the continent (Brexit bonus). All in the ebay cost is c.£170 vs c.£50 in Europe. I ordered one from CamperCentrum in the Netherlands. I paid £90 which although still a hefty premium is still way cheaper than on ebay and when I’ve ordered from them before there were no additional import/duty fees to pay.

That looks good, wish I’d known about these before I shelled out £90 for the Bus Boxx one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just found it now. I think I would have opted for this alternative too had I known. It's slightly larger and has that useful strapping at the front. I'm also not a fan of Busboxx so would prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

Shelf height is adjustable too, giving a bit more flexibility. It's not clear how the unit is retained to the interior panel without the useful tie off point on earlier models.

Probably a silly question but can you use one of those shoe storage things if you’ve got a step mat?

If you're not totally DIY phobic it is relatively easy and much cheaper to make one of those shoe shelves yourself. I knocked one up in plywood (now painted in wife approved colour) for about 10€ worth of ply. Secure it to the van using a short bungee cord to the lashing hook just behind it.

If you're not totally DIY phobic it is relatively easy and much cheaper to make one of those shoe shelves yourself. I knocked one up in plywood (now painted in wife approved colour) for about 10€ worth of ply. Secure it to the van using a short bungee cord to the lashing hook just behind it.
No lashing hook on a T6.1 Coast or Ocean

Isn't there, sorry I have a Beach. I thought all models were based on the same van and some parts were the same throughout. Its a silver spring loaded lashing point that is located on the side (not the floor) of the trim where the pretty much unusable cup holder is next to the door. Do Coasts and Oceans not have that?

Back