Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

How high is the lip of the seating section? When I tried a Helinox Sunset chair the seat was too high and bit into the upper leg creating discomfort. In fact the model in the photo has his legs raised on a stone to alleviate the problem.
They are really very comfy, I will have to try them for longer in the summer, but spent an hour watching TV in the snug, and no issues at all. I bought the clip on foot rests as well, so I’ll have to try them at some point too.

They are really very comfy, I will have to try them for longer in the summer, but spent an hour watching TV in the snug, and no issues at all. I bought the clip on foot rests as well, so I’ll have to try them at some point too.
Hoiw tall are you. For the vertically endowed probably ideal.

Hoiw tall are you. For the vertically endowed probably ideal.
6’
15 stone.
I found the brand selling it for twice the price.
Kilosgear. They sell one chair for $120
So £220 delivered.
I had two chairs and the footstools delivered for £120. Exactly the same.

Team Heko wind deflectors. Just brilliant for leaving the windows open in the rain. Over night or leaving the dog in the car briefly, at motorway services for example, subject to temperature of course. They don’t eradicate condensation but reduce it and give you some ventilation, especially with the roof down IMG_7195.jpegIMG_7194.jpeg

Decided we need somewhere to dump our kit on site. Looked at loads of small tents, wanted a built in ground sheet. Ended up with a Decathlon Arpenza, packs up quite small and weighs 8kg. At £130 thought it was worth a go.

20231104_140323.jpg

20231027_160401.jpg

Decided we need somewhere to dump our kit on site. Looked at loads of small tents, wanted a built in ground sheet. Ended up with a Decathlon Arpenza, packs up quite small and weighs 8kg. At £130 thought it was worth a go.

View attachment 116040

View attachment 116041
You’ve managed to make it look cavernous!! You see a lot of people in France using these. I have the larger 3x3m version without a groundsheet and use a breathable floor covering.
I much prefer this to a drive away awning, but it’s all down to personal preference I guess.

IMG_4790.jpeg

You’ve managed to make it look cavernous!! You see a lot of people in France using these. I have the larger 3x3m version without a groundsheet and use a breathable floor covering.
I much prefer this to a drive away awning, but it’s all down to personal preference I guess.

View attachment 116042
How long does it take to erect? Seems like a great garage space for a motorcycle.

How long does it take to erect? Seems like a great garage space for a motorcycle.
Not long at all. It has a fully braced aluminium frame so is free standing. 10 mins maybe and can be done with one person. A bit easier with two. Here is a YouTube video of how to do it:

The smaller tent we have (2.5m × 2.5m) has the fibreglass type poles. Slide the 2 poles through the tent sleeves, pop the ends onto the pegs and it's up. Max 10 minutes. Probably another 10 minutes to secure it to the floor.

250642F5-5319-4898-8826-08BA5DFE9EE5.jpeg
Comfortz Cali Wrap arrived in time for a trip away this weekend. Temperatures were close to zero last night but it was lovely and warm both downstairs and upstairs.

View attachment 116071
Comfortz Cali Wrap arrived in time for a trip away this weekend. Temperatures were close to zero last night but it was lovely and warm both downstairs and upstairs.

How long did it take you to attach it? all the videos on YT are fast forwarded so it's difficult to work out how long it takes from start to finish...

View attachment 116071

We used our Comfortz wrap for the first time at the weekend in a very cold, wet and windy Buxton. Kept us toasty warm all weekend. They are great quality.

IMG_8162.jpeg

Hi we have the same, does a good job! Can I ask do you find the Quest utility tent good and waterproof?
The utility tent is great. Very easy to put up and take down. We put spare chairs, cadac, table and toilet. Even hang wet coats in there on roof hooks. It’s surprisingly very spacious. There was some water ingress but the rain and wind was mad at the weekend so fully expected. It’ll be just fine when using in normal weather conditions.

View attachment 116071

Out of interest did you look at the Rainbow Screens option before choosing that one? We have the comfortz screen cover which we're very happy with but already have a Rainbow roof wrap that came with the van. It's also very good, but bulky. I wondered if the comfort version was less bulky & easier to pack?

Out of interest did you look at the Rainbow Screens option before choosing that one? We have the comfortz screen cover which we're very happy with but already have a Rainbow roof wrap that came with the van. It's also very good, but bulky. I wondered if the comfort version was less bulky & easier to pack?
Not really, I bought if 2nd hand ( but never used) off here so did not consider others. I thought with potential leaks in the pop top on new Calis it seemed like a good bet. As you say a bit bulky but is very good quality. I just wish I was a foot taller to help in fitting it!

Last edited:
Not really, I bought if 2nd hand ( but never used) off here so did not consider others. I thought with potential leaks in the pop top on new Calis it seemed like a good bet. As you say a bit bulky but is vey good quality. I just wish I was a foot taller to help in fitting it!
Great thanks. I think I did ponder that one when I saw it on here!

Back