Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Out of interest did you look at the Rainbow Screens option before choosing that one? We have the comfortz screen cover which we're very happy with but already have a Rainbow roof wrap that came with the van. It's also very good, but bulky. I wondered if the comfort version was less bulky & easier to pack?

I don’t know if it helps but I have the pucer screen which when laid flat stores in the roof. It also dries super fast as it absorbs zero water, in fact a wipe with a cloth will usually do the job. Slept up top in -10 and 40mph winds with no issues.

To misquote Henry Ford 'You can have any colour you like as long as it’s silver'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t know if it helps but I have the pucer screen which when laid flat stores in the roof. It also dries super fast as it absorbs zero water, in fact a wipe with a cloth will usually do the job. Slept up top in -10 and 40mph winds with no issues.

To misquote Henry Ford 'You can have any colour you like as long as it’s silver'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi thanks. I have pondered those and they do look very practical. To be honest though I've been put off by the silver as I'd prefer something that matches or complements the van. The silver ones look a little too DIY for me.

Hi thanks. I have pondered those and they do look very practical. To be honest though I've been put off by the silver as I'd prefer something that matches or complements the van. The silver ones look a little too DIY for me.

Fair enough, it depends on the colour of your van too. Here it is on mine and it works quite well with the black/indium grey, maybe not so much on a red or ascot grey
e2ebb8ded3f72a8e2cb5422ddf487932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced rear brake discs and pads. Brembo.

VW said that they'd need doing on next service which is due Feb, '24.
No rain today and winter looming so now done.

Inside of discs were more corroded than outer face. Inner pads were virtually worn to nothing.
I recall @WelshGas mentioning this on his some time ago.

20231107_111510[1].jpg

20231107_111534[1].jpg

Inside of discs were more corroded than outer face. Inner pads were virtually worn to nothing.

View attachment 116137

View attachment 116138
Fancy jack, me likey

View attachment 116137

View attachment 116138
Mine had the inner face corrosion on the Front discs. Rear disks were equal both sides.
Rear pads changed at 70,000 miles and front disks and pads at 90,000 miles or so.

Move over Uncomfort mattress, the Calibed Prestige III is in town. What an improvement. As a side sleeper I found the comfort mattress a real PITA, literally. Doesn't take up a whole lot more space on the parcel shelf when stowed folded. Here is a stock pic.
View attachment 112957
Roughly how much taller is this than the stock VW comfort mattress when folded on the parcel shelf?

How many kWh is your Ecoflow - and what sort of everyday useage does it equate to - eg boiling a kettle etc? Do you have the solar panels?
2kWh. The power is enough to charge the leisure batteries from 50% to 100%, takes about 7% of the reserve to boil a Yeti beaker volume of water in a 720W kettle, fully charges my MacBook Pro 10+ times. I have a standalone 100W solar panel or charge it or use the 12V connection when on the move.

Mine had the inner face corrosion on the Front discs. Rear disks were equal both sides.
Rear pads changed at 70,000 miles and front disks and pads at 90,000 miles or so.
Rear only 28K miles but getting close to 7 years. Front still looking good.

Thought i would try this electric blanket from the amazon sales and couple it with a 200w inverter for convenience. Was surprised how effecient it was, will try it out more over the winter see if it hits the mark but so far so good.

If you are interested have created a short video

Not exactly bought, but made by the better half, a set of felt boxes for the rear corner shelving.
They are very forgiving of odd shaped contents and don’t rattle.

View attachment 116291
Simple but clever idea, would your better half be willing to share the dimensions?

Back