Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

12v w/ remote box, plugged into the socket in the bench socket (right hand side - the legacy caravelle cup holder one) Cable runs out of the boot, and onto the awning rail.
Now I can just see the cable in your photo - clever idea. We’ve been using the same socket, but the cable through a part open side door or window.
A strip was already fitted to my used California when I bought it. The cable runs behind the rear panelling. The only problem is that the plug needs to be clipped up out of the way on the rhs (looking in) when the boot is in use, otherwise it gets snagged.

P5290437.JPG

P5290438.JPG

A strip was already fitted to my used California when I bought it. The cable runs behind the rear panelling. The only problem is that the plug needs to be clipped up out of the way on the rhs (looking in) when the boot is in use, otherwise it gets snagged.

View attachment 123979

View attachment 123980
We’ve got a strip on the inner edge of the canopy when rolled out. The usb extension cable we have should reach the 12v socket in the boot.

I do like the idea of a strip under the awning casing though. Is yours stuck on or clipped?

Vango driveaway kit and Thule awning tie down kit - there will be more I'm sure :)

We’ve got a strip on the inner edge of the canopy when rolled out. The usb extension cable we have should reach the 12v socket in the boot.

I do like the idea of a strip under the awning casing though. Is yours stuck on or clipped?
Equivalent setup to the pictures shown by Vago. Stuck down with thin 3m tape. Lasted 3 years so far. Cable runs into the boot from the rubber seal, and in.

Not bought, but tempted by this to keep our Ecoflow topped up. Just announced, so thought i'd share. TL;DR - tops up the EcoFlow via the alternator, rather than slow charging through the 12v sockets.

Not bought, but tempted by this to keep our Ecoflow topped up. Just announced, so thought i'd share. TL;DR - tops up the EcoFlow via the alternator, rather than slow charging through the 12v sockets.

Looks interesting and I just received the promo email as well. However overlanders have been doing something similar for awhile now using DC-DC step up converters with adjustable watts to emulate a solar input to the ecoflow. Some vids on YouTube about this but I'm working so don't have time to search. ;-)

It's stuck on. Somewhere on this forum awning strip lighting is a well discussed topic.
(Edit; I've just checked by using the re-established search function to find details of mine and there are lots of informative posts.)
I think it was a Khyam kit, the strip is self adhesive.

Last edited:
Looks interesting and I just received the promo email as well. However overlanders have been doing something similar for awhile now using DC-DC step up converters with adjustable watts to emulate a solar input to the ecoflow. Some vids on YouTube about this but I'm working so don't have time to search. ;-)
Yep just got promo email.
Can’t connect to the website.
How much is it ?

This is a great idea. The 12V charging system is hit and miss plus its got hot enough to melt the OEM cable (I believe EF recognise this is a problem and reduced the maximum amp input on the EF powerpack). Would be nice to fully charge the LiFePO4 cells in a much shorter time.

Bought a battery powered espresso machine called Outin. Now I dont have to balance my jetboil, filter holder and thermos on the floor while the rest of the family is sleeping in the morning.
That looks so cool. Just had a look on Amazon and they’re on sale. Would like to know how many cups you get from a charge @kave and how long it takes to recharge in real life? It says 3 hours charge and 3 large espressos on the product info. Is this accurate?

That looks so cool. Just had a look on Amazon and they’re on sale. Would like to know how many cups you get from a charge @kave and how long it takes to recharge in real life? It says 3 hours charge and 3 large espressos on the product info. Is this accurate?
I have just made one dry run from cold water and one espresso with hot water so I dont know yet but it seems to be about right. I think 5 small espressos with 50ml of water each from cold water. From warm water 200+.

I have had an Outin since I got the calli. I get two cups of espresso out of it then it needs recharging. I’ve never timed it but 3 hours sounds about right. The only negative I’ve got is it’s a faff to put a second capsule in as one cup is never enough and I always end up with coffee on my hands. One day I’ll master it!

I have had an Outin since I got the calli. I get two cups of espresso out of it then it needs recharging. I’ve never timed it but 3 hours sounds about right. The only negative I’ve got is it’s a faff to put a second capsule in as one cup is never enough and I always end up with coffee on my hands. One day I’ll master it!
I usually prefer ground, but I find the minipresso with Nespresso capsules is an acceptable compromise for camping. Decent coffee (depends on the pods, obviously) and cuts down on the mess. We usually carry the Nespresso milk frother also.
For ground, the pump action minipresso is decent, if a little labour-intensive.

I usually prefer ground, but I find the minipresso with Nespresso capsules is an acceptable compromise for camping. Decent coffee (depends on the pods, obviously) and cuts down on the mess. We usually carry the Nespresso milk frother also.
For ground, the pump action minipresso is decent, if a little labour-intensive.

Pods (even if recycled after) are not great for the environment. Ground tastes far better and you can throw the used grounds on the plants.

Pods (even if recycled after) are not great for the environment. Ground tastes far better and you can throw the used grounds on the plants.

I use a Leverpresso and a hand grinder. Great coffee and you get a workout at the same time!
399e0b6a2aeef7ca7d0f76cbb36d8a37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Leverpresso and a hand grinder. Great coffee and you get a workout at the same time!
399e0b6a2aeef7ca7d0f76cbb36d8a37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use aeropress, but see that Yeti now make a very expensive French press:

Back