Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

We use aeropress, but see that Yeti now make a very expensive French press:

I have an aeropress too. Life is too short for crap coffee

Yeti make top notch gear but so they should for what they charge for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bought, but tempted by this to keep our Ecoflow topped up. Just announced, so thought i'd share. TL;DR - tops up the EcoFlow via the alternator, rather than slow charging through the 12v sockets.

There is a pretty thick umbilical cable connecting that charger to the engine battery. Anyone have suggestions how best to feed it through the firewall? Or would you connect it to a leisure battery, although they may not get the full amperage from the alternator (?)

I seem to have been on a never-ending spending spree of late, I swear it would be cheaper to redecorate and furnish the house……

I’ve used the power station but haven’t unpacked the solar. I doubt 120w will be much use in Scotland but it was only an extra £50 for the panel.
View attachment 123649

I was a bit wary of buying unbranded electrical goods but I’ve seen a few people use them here and elsewhere. Whats the worst that could happen…..
View attachment 123650
View attachment 123651
Thais insulating top top liner. I’m sure Brandrup are fantastic but I couldn’t stomach the difference in price. Quite easy to fit but the supplied instructions were useless, even with google translate and ironically it was the Brandrup video on YouTube that answered all my questions.

View attachment 123654
I think this is the covers I’ve ordered. Compared to some UK suppliers, Ukatex seem like a bargain. Hopefully the quality is up to scratch. It took a while to get the order processed but hopefully here in a week or so.

I also got a portapotti, case and the chemicals and bog roll. I haven’t plucked to the courage to use it or even take it out of the box.
My portapotti, bought during covid, is still in the box…in the loft!

Not sure I should admit to my purchases….and to think I braved it to remove my ridge monkey….

Diffuser…not so effective with door open!
Candle…needs batteries and not useful in long summer days!

IMG_9969.jpeg

Have you done any off grid camping though? I
My portapotti, bought during covid, is still in the box…in the lof
Have you done any off grid camping though? Thats the only reason I bought it. The plan is to alternate between off grid and sites to utilise showers etc.

p
My portapotti, bought during covid, is still in the box…in the loft!
portapotti is the best accessory you can buy ,for us is the most used one would never go away without it.Thetford is way too small.We use a fiamma bi pot 39 .

A quick deploy tailgate tent.

Attaches and stays in place on the tailgate.

Deploys as in pic and sticks on with magnets to the sides. Need to peg down corners for a nice place for a shower or a bit of privacy when needed.

7de4ed3938b7a524026707f395d52552.jpg
06d48aac8987fdd82e379676556143f2.jpg
b44f74dd652fbcb8bca08b8f30e46588.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Deploys as in pic and sticks on with magnets to the sides. Need to peg down corners for a nice place for a shower or a bit of privacy when needed.

I have something similar but mounted to the passenger side awning rail so I can use it without having to have the tailgate open.

I have something similar but mounted to the passenger side awning rail so I can use it without having to have the tailgate open.
Is that one of them from 4x4 accessories shop? Yes, that was another option that I did consider

Went with this one as more discrete.

Is that one of them from 4x4 accessories shop? Yes, that was another option that I did consider

Went with this one as more discrete.

Yes that’s right. I do like your set up and in reality for the amount of times I’ve used mine it would work just as well for me 90% of the time. The side mount is quite handy to be able to leave it out at camp ups and the beach (changing room) when leaving the van though.

Sadly, a pack of “vest” recycled carrier bags. They hang off the hooks at the end of the Ocean kitchen unit as easy to use and dispose waste bags.

An insulated blackout windscreen wrap from custom covers:

Seems really good quality and comes in a bag. Seems an utter bargain for £60 compared to the likes of Brandrup etc.

An insulated blackout windscreen wrap from custom covers:

Seems really good quality and comes in a bag. Seems an utter bargain for £60 compared to the likes of Brandrup etc.
Just the black out wrap is about 30 quid!!!

The worlds most expensive plastic bin! It does fit so perfectly though. Anyone found a liner that fits well inside?
884b705c0c0063576f18c5dc499db906.jpg

Could you post the link to the one you have please?

No problem.

This is the one that I have, I have since seen similarly priced ones that have a built it roof and LED lights which would be great if using as a toilet tent! Sets up in about 1-2mins and just as quick to put away. I did have to buy some seperate brackets to fit it to the awning rail though.

Back