Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Thought I'd post pictures of oven in use - plus it sat quite happily on top of chiller all the way from Inverness to Essex.View attachment 124657
HI lorry,
Great oven nice set up, can I ask what are the side/front panels you've got as im looking for something similar as don't really want an awning
Thanks.

HI lorry,
Great oven nice set up, can I ask what are the side/front panels you've got as im looking for something similar as don't really want an awning
Thanks.
Hi. It's a Thule Residence room for VW - it takes about 10/15 min to do a quick peg/set out - albeit with a battery drill lol and ground is favourable (30 if you peg skirt down inside & out - but we usually only peg outside. The windout awning clamps into the additional side bars which helps in the wind. It rolls up into a bag that sits across the back ledge as too long for boot unfortunately - we've also put it across the floor of front footwells when we couldn't be bothered for a night to set up or the morning weather doesn't look favourable and we are going out.
It's not quite as quick to set up as the Comfortz room (which uses the windout bars) but its roomier.
The clamping down of awning won it for my other half. Not cheap 1k+ looked around. But I've seen an advert on here for one practically half price.
Oh and there was something Hubby had to do to the awning rail - added fixings.
Anything else just ask

Hi. It's a Thule Residence room for VW - it takes about 10/15 min to do a quick peg/set out - albeit with a battery drill lol and ground is favourable (30 if you peg skirt down inside & out - but we usually only peg outside. The windout awning clamps into the additional side bars which helps in the wind. It rolls up into a bag that sits across the back ledge as too long for boot unfortunately - we've also put it across the floor of front footwells when we couldn't be bothered for a night to set up or the morning weather doesn't look favourable and we are going out.
It's not quite as quick to set up as the Comfortz room (which uses the windout bars) but its roomier.
The clamping down of awning won it for my other half. Not cheap 1k+ looked around. But I've seen an advert on here for one practically half price.
Oh and there was something Hubby had to do to the awning rail - added fixings.
Anything else just ask
Thanks for all the info, i'll do some research myself now before making my decision.

Bought a new multi tool to try and consolidate the various ones I have rattling around the under seat drawer. Liked this one as it has an axe for making kindling.
IMG_8998.jpeg

40w jackery solar, small and super handy can charge straight from it with usb a and c or top up power bank. Also have explorer 100, 12v only.
Bit expensive for what it is but very well made.
Great for watch and phone juice up.
IMG_7419.pngIMG_7420.png

Is the solar panel weather proof? We've got the larger one that isn't.

EcoFlow panels are IP65 rated. To use with a Jackery you need an adapter though. This is included with the newer Jackery’s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very handy washing machine that is collapsing in size for easy storage. Won’t wash jeans or sheets but great for shorts, smaller towels or quick dry towels, t-shirts, and baby stuff. Uses 15 watts but requires 220 volts.
6f79e4b744bc497ee1f2d5b696e4955e.jpg

1fc0c0fa1a7007beef75711118dccbc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i joined the 7m pole and flashing lights club after a purchase at the Newark Caravan and Camper Show yesterday... oh and i ordered a canopy extension for my Kampa Touring today in anticipation of a wet week in Newquay in July :rolleyes:

i joined the 7m pole and flashing lights club after a purchase at the Newark Caravan and Camper Show yesterday... oh and i ordered a canopy extension for my Kampa Touring today in anticipation of a wet week in Newquay in July :rolleyes:
Wet weather Newquay = get the bus to the Healy Cider farm (rattler) enjoy a trip around the factory and ground / museum see how cider is & used to be made and have a craic in the tasting bar and a few in the onsite Bar !

im yet to get the flashing lights !

Wet weather Newquay = get the bus to the Healy Cider farm (rattler) enjoy a trip around the factory and ground / museum see how cider is & used to be made and have a craic in the tasting bar and a few in the onsite Bar !

im yet to get the flashing lights !
flashing lights ? i dont understand as well ,the most annoying thing on a camp site when you want to relax at night.

They're all helpful for nav in their own way. "100yds left at Che Guevara, then 300yds right at the flashing sheep windsock and we're the Bath Rugby flag" is easier than "we're next to the 17th white VW T6 in the 9th row"
Surely an Apple airtag is infinitely easier?

Kids rule because it’s a cool memory :cheers No argument
I have a 7m flag pole with numerous flag options , I only use it when on a festival type site. but if I was on a site where someone had a flashing pole that would not bother me , particularly if they had young ones, camping is what you make it and the memories that can be formed for a lifetime.

unfortunately my kids are now grown up and dad would not be cool with a flashing flag pole o_O In fact dads not cool , despite him thinking he is:cool:

Last edited:
Back