What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Interested in how these attach to the van (or are they all on the awning). If not screwed down is the security system itself under threat of theft.?
Our first 'attempt' was via some flexible rubber chameleon tail things that you can loop around objects and then zip-tie to secure. HoweverI wasn't wholly convinced - certainly not for the 'roof/door' one. The tailgate one is fine, as its just looped around one of the bars.

The challenge is - wherever they go, they have to be 'placeable' by me in the first place when I park up - but high enough that they're not a target for being grabbed without challenge.

Later today I have some magnetic mounts. Unsure how strong, effective and useful they'll be, but something else to try atleast.

Isabella windscreen (windbreak), it fits on the parcel shelf and is so easy to put up, I haven't needed to peg down or use guys even in some windy days. Downside is the price however we also use it with the caravan and it will last

View attachment 129756
Looks good :cool:. And at £313 I wouldn’t want to take my eyes off it for a minute :D

Our first 'attempt' was via some flexible rubber chameleon tail things that you can loop around objects and then zip-tie to secure. HoweverI wasn't wholly convinced - certainly not for the 'roof/door' one. The tailgate one is fine, as its just looped around one of the bars.

The challenge is - wherever they go, they have to be 'placeable' by me in the first place when I park up - but high enough that they're not a target for being grabbed without challenge.

Later today I have some magnetic mounts. Unsure how strong, effective and useful they'll be, but something else to try atleast.
I have some magnet mounts from Tactic Vans that I purchased for my Starlink but have since decided I won’t use. They are very strong, if I recall correctly you have a 3D printer? If so you might be able to create something that will work with them? Let me know if any use and I’ll be happy to send them to you for price of the postage?

This morning the thermometer showed +1 C, here in Bavaria on the edge of the Alps. Warmed up to 15 in the afternoon and I finished installing: Iso-Top from Brandrup. An inside the "tent" insulation. Not a difficult job.... attached velcro another day when it was 20 degrees and finished today. Soon we will be able to see how it works on the cold nights. To say expensive is an understatement but quality shows and fits perfectly. Roof closed with it in place with no problem.

They do mark quite easily, it’s not the highest grade metal!

But, they look good and are effectively a disposable sacrificial layer to save the fitted glass surfaces (which also mark easily).
They do mark quite easily, it’s not the highest grade metal!

But, they look good and are effectively a disposable sacrificial layer to save the fitted glass surfaces (which also mark easily).

Per caso avresti un link per acquisto?
Io ho un T6 del 2018.
Grazie

Back