Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Seriously where did you get the original- male/female one?
Bought from our local chemist. With two little boys, we only bought the male version, but they also had a female version. Sure, used water bottles, or similar, are free, but this was very cheap and very stable.

Last edited:
Looks like the new forest.

Just taken delivery of a Rainbow screens Pop top cosy. Seems to fit well and quality looks and feels very good. Fitted by myself without too much fuss. (Being tall a definite bonus). Was quoted 5 weeks for construction and delivery due to busy period and was spot on 5 weeks. 381E7D33-4E2E-438C-9224-A158468E2ED8.jpeg

Some new additions.
Got rid of the duvets and opted for quilted blankets.
Takes up less space.
Although, I now have, two toppers, 6 pillows and 7 blankets and 2 emergency sleeping bags.

Top Tip
Campers that sleep well, wake up happy campers...;)

Before
View attachment 50093

After
View attachment 50094

Blankets
View attachment 50096
I got a couple of those exact stools from Dunelm as well, didn't spot you could fit in with the chairs though :)

EDIT - OOPS replied to wrong post, d'oh

Also got a Vango bamboo table - 80cmx60cm. Dimensions just right for 2 adults + 2 kids, quick and easy to setup compared to our previous large table from Go Outdoors which took 15 mins to setup.

We use the table in the door a lot as well, breakfasts in the van - and when there are no kids around, or for additional table space in awning. Not really big enough for us as a family of 4 otherwise though

1569338700701.png

Just taken delivery of a Rainbow screens Pop top cosy. Seems to fit well and quality looks and feels very good. Fitted by myself without too much fuss. (Being tall a definite bonus). Was quoted 5 weeks for construction and delivery due to busy period and was spot on 5 weeks. View attachment 50798
Looks great. Our van is the same colour as yours with a glacier(!) blue bellow. Really like the combination with the black alloys too...mmm got me thinking now! Thanks. :thumb

Not bought but upcycled a beer can to fashion a gulley for the gap between the Cali and the awning housing/cassette. Has anyone got a solution of their own. Piddling today! F4A614CF-67E4-4873-B1DB-6FDA0FB689C7.jpeg

T

Thankyou. I didn’t know there was one! Learn something new every day

Does your T6 Cali not have the rubber in fill between the van and the awning casing ?
Was it a factory fitted awning?

T

Thankyou. I didn’t know there was one! Learn something new every day
Does your T6 Cali not have the rubber in fill between the van and the awning casing ?
Was it a factory fitted awning?
Thanks for asking @Perfectos no it does not have the rubber infill. we have had the awning replaced and there has always been a gap there. I’m sure ignorance is no excuse but that is why I always found this forum helpful. Will look into it when we return to uk. Any suggestion of where we can buy the infill as it does not seem to feature anywhere in the shop section.

Isn't PudnBob talking about the gap behind the awning in front of the front mounting bracket? I've not seen a factory seal there only between the two brackets.

Pop top bungee special plus for inverter socket and cali club window sticker :)

Hi been in touch with Rainbow Screens I was wondering why I had to give him the dimensions of my roof but he said all different. What a job to measure accurately.
I went through the same procedure 5 weeks ago and he told me the same thing. Received my parcel on Tuesday and it fits like a glove and looks great. Tried it out overnight when we had torrential rain and the following morning not a drop of water had touched the actual pop top canvas. Well pleased.

Thanks for asking @Perfectos no it does not have the rubber infill. we have had the awning replaced and there has always been a gap there. I’m sure ignorance is no excuse but that is why I always found this forum helpful. Will look into it when we return to uk. Any suggestion of where we can buy the infill as it does not seem to feature anywhere in the shop section.
It’s a simple fix, buy the correct (original Thule) rubber and it will sort out that annoying shower you get every time it rains.

Back