Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Isn't PudnBob talking about the gap behind the awning in front of the front mounting bracket? I've not seen a factory seal there only between the two brackets.
Looking closely at the photo the engineered solution, (tin can) which is a actually a very astute short term remedial, executed well, is set below the fabric edge of the awning so it catches the main water run off from the canopy, presumably the awning front is set higher than the rear fixed point ( attached to the van) therefore the water runs toward the van and finds the path of least resistance and pisses off the side Around the bracket fixing,
Dropping the front legs lower than the fixings on the van may help until you can get the rubber ?

Westfalia removable towbar, with 7 pin electrics. £400 all-in, inc VAT, from K&M Coachworks in Slough, a long established father-and-son operation.

Now need to look for a reasonable second hand Brian James car trailer on Fleabay. They seem to hold their value even better than Calis.

I’ve just taken delivery of my new Beach so have bought some essentials:
- electric hook up cable
- roof bungee
- seat covers
- carpets from fat bobs emporium
- oh and I’ve just paid a deposit for a Slidepod...

Expensive day but it’ll be worth it for all the adventures with the family

I‘ve just bought part number 7H7877238B. It‘s the front awning mounting bracket.
That‘s because the original one was bent when the right arm cracked in two, the thule safety strap pulled the 12inches long peg eradicating it from earth and the whole awning thing collapsed because on my very first holiday i forgot rule number one: if it rains put the awning at an angle. Of course it had to happen at 2am.

On my first trip I left the awning out and after a long walk (in the rain) returned to the Cali to see a worrying bulge in the awning fabric. I managed to push up underneath the awning and disperse the gallons of water leaving a rather saggy looking fabric. I was only moments away from a similar outcome. The ‘sag’ seemed to disappear after further use. It’s quite robust.

Took the Biskit in yesterday for some warranty work - the roof lining has popped out of the door seal on the the drivers side and no amount of coaxing will get it back in place. While it was in I decided to get a bumper scuff protector fitted. Collecting it today but as I suspected, the roof lining job wasn't so straight forward. Have been told that a part is on order and will take 1-2 weeks to arrive. I suspect that its going to be a new roof lining? But all credit to Swansway B'ham who have offered to pick up the van when the part is in stock and drop it back home again when fixed so I can't complain.

Westfalia removable towbar, with 7 pin electrics. £400 all-in, inc VAT, from K&M Coachworks in Slough, a long established father-and-son operation.

Now need to look for a reasonable second hand Brian James car trailer on Fleabay. They seem to hold their value even better than Calis.
Did you have towbar prep pre installled from the factory or was this for the whole thing wiring as well? Sounds promising.

Couldn’t find a wind shield tall enough for our Cadac so bought two short ones and joined them together. Glued and then silver tape over the top for reinforcement. Works well and less than £7. They came in two bags which now fit one over each end.

FF2F22B7-0BE5-4E7F-988C-6DE2B4B97567.jpeg

Couldn’t find a wind shield tall enough for our Cadac so bought two short ones and joined them together. Glued and then silver tape over the top for reinforcement. Works well and less than £7. They came in two bags which now fit one over each end.

View attachment 51138
What a great idea. I’ve been searching for a taller windshield for my Gaz 907 bottle and attached burner for ages. I will now buy 2 and ‘pop rivet’ them together. Thanks.

What a great idea. I’ve been searching for a taller windshield for my Gaz 907 bottle and attached burner for ages. I will now buy 2 and ‘pop rivet’ them together. Thanks.
I don’t think it would fold totally flat if you were to use pop rivets? That’s why I glued and taped it.

Week one in the Beach with the beige interior carpet with 3 kids and a dog suggested it was too light a colour. On a trip to Ikea to get my Alex unit to hack I found a carpet designed for house moves called Ombyte. Queue an or two on my hands and knees and pretty pleased with the result!20191003_174132.jpg20191003_174139.jpg20191003_174158.jpg20191003_174132.jpg20191003_174139.jpg20191003_174158.jpg

I went through the same procedure 5 weeks ago and he told me the same thing. Received my parcel on Tuesday and it fits like a glove and looks great. Tried it out overnight when we had torrential rain and the following morning not a drop of water had touched the actual pop top canvas. Well pleased.

That’s great to know. I drove hundreds of miles just to have the chap measure it all for me. I was useless doing it myself. Should be getting ours in the next few weeks!

I just asked my hubby, “What’ve we bought for the Cali lately?” Without looking up he said, “All sorts of sh*t!”

Well, I can tell you. It’s all handy stuff. Silicon spatula and ladle for the kitchen from Ocado. Some scissors to cut meat. An LED lantern. And a little bin with a handle, which goes nicely between the front seats. It’s tiny but works well for little bits of rubbish. It’s meant for food scraps - another Ocado purchase.

That’s great to know. I drove hundreds of miles just to have the chap measure it all for me. I was useless doing it myself. Should be getting ours in the next few weeks!
Update on mine; just had 4 nights in the Lake District with the pop top screen in situ. The heat retention inside the Cali greatly improved and the almost total blackout in the morning is excellent and makes for a good lie in if you want one.

Update on mine; just had 4 nights in the Lake District with the pop top screen in situ. The heat retention inside the Cali greatly improved and the almost total blackout in the morning is excellent and makes for a good lie in if you want one.

Happy days! Looking forward to those lazier mornings!

Back