Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Just had three nights in North Norfolk (lots of rain) and used my new (and huge) electric bedspread for the first time. It is glorious - a great purchase for use on the top bunk - I love it ,

Just had three nights in North Norfolk (lots of rain) and used my new (and huge) electric bedspread for the first time. It is glorious - a great purchase for use on the top bunk - I love it ,
Hi which brand is that please? Do you need to be on hook up? Thanks.all the best

I was on hook up the whole time so I am not sure. The bedspread has got a normal 3 pin plug and that power socket only works on hook up (I believe). Others might be able to say if it has low enough power draw to work effectively on the converter socket as an alternative while off EHU - without putting too much strain on the leisure battery (I know there are forum members who understand far more about this than I do). I bought it as a punt to get some extra warmth with a bit of luxury and was surprised as how snuggly it is. You can put it in the washing machine too on 40 !!

Here’s the link:

The great thing is that with QVC you can use it (in fact, anything you buy with them) for up or 30 days and still send it back if you change your mind.

Ni
Just taken delivery of a Rainbow screens Pop top cosy. Seems to fit well and quality looks and feels very good. Fitted by myself without too much fuss. (Being tall a definite bonus). Was quoted 5 weeks for construction and delivery due to busy period and was spot on 5 weeks. View attachment 50798
[/QUOTE
Nice wheels
Just taken delivery of a Rainbow screens Pop top cosy. Seems to fit well and quality looks and feels very good. Fitted by myself without too much fuss. (Being tall a definite bonus). Was quoted 5 weeks for construction and delivery due to busy period and was spot on 5 weeks. View attachment 50798
Nice wheels - what make and size are they?

Ni
Nice wheels

Nice wheels - what make and size are they?
They were supplied on a previous T6 of mine about 4 yrs ago via SMC VW at Tonbridge. They are 18” ‘Bullet’ Alloys. They were originally the diamond cut version that I had stripped and powder coated in Satin black. They are still available but not in black. Hope this helps. :thumb

I was on hook up the whole time so I am not sure. The bedspread has got a normal 3 pin plug and that power socket only works on hook up (I believe). Others might be able to say if it has low enough power draw to work effectively on the converter socket as an alternative while off EHU - without putting too much strain on the leisure battery (I know there are forum members who understand far more about this than I do). I bought it as a punt to get some extra warmth with a bit of luxury and was surprised as how snuggly it is. You can put it in the washing machine too on 40 !!

Here’s the link:

The great thing is that with QVC you can use it (in fact, anything you buy with them) for up or 30 days and still send it back if you change your mind.
Great thanks for this
Does anyone cleverer than me know if this has to be on EHU to work? Thanks

Great thanks for this
Does anyone cleverer than me know if this has to be on EHU to work? Thanks

Does this help?
Technical specifications lifted from the website :
  • Voltage: AC220-240v
  • Wattage: 120w
I am guessing that on a slow setting it pulls very little power. Does anyone out there know if this is OK to use off EHU for periods of time? I would love to use it off grid.

Does this help?
Technical specifications lifted from the website :
  • Voltage: AC220-240v
  • Wattage: 120w
I am guessing that on a slow setting it pulls very little power. Does anyone out there know if this is OK to use off EHU for periods of time? I would love to use it off grid.
The inverter socket is rated at 150 watts but the starting current on the blanket could exceed this and trip the cut out, you will have to try it.
You have a theoretical 150 amps in your leisure batteries but would be prudent to assume half that is available. 8 hours at 120 watts would use 96 amps if the blanket operates continuously. You will also need a converter socket to use a UK plug.

IMG_2968.JPG

Two new things here:
1. Roof bars - the cheapest Thule ones (£160.45).
2. The main support bar for the tandem carrier (£7.86).
The original support bar is 150cm long, the replacement is 180cm. Photographed the carrier is set up for a tandem triplet with a wheelbase of 218cm, and this set up is clearly too long for the tandem loaded. Loading a tandem onto the roof of the van is a real pig of a job single handed, but at least I know it can be done! The height of the van plus tandem is 3.25 metres.

We collect our new yellow tandem from Somerset on Monday 21 October, and are thinking of names. Bikey McBikeface: tender to Amarillo, perhaps?

The inverter socket is rated at 150 watts but the starting current on the blanket could exceed this and trip the cut out, you will have to try it.
You have a theoretical 150 amps in your leisure batteries but would be prudent to assume half that is available. 8 hours at 120 watts would use 96 amps if the blanket operates continuously. You will also need a converter socket to use a UK plug.

Thanks very much for this - that’s really helpful information. There are 9 temperature settings on this heated bed spread and I set it on the lowest number 1 setting for the shortest time of 1 hour, at each end of the night and this was enough for last weekends chilly (but damp rather than cold) weekend. I found that the blanket held the heat really well, so this was fine for me. Do you think it uses less start up power on a low setting than on a high one, or would it be the same regardless?

Hi thanks for detailed view. For the electronically uninitiated, does this mean it works without EHU? Not sure about amps vs battery capacity. Thanks. All the best

Hi thanks for detailed view. For the electronically uninitiated, does this mean it works without EHU? Not sure about amps vs battery capacity. Thanks. All the best
What Bellcrew said quite clearly I thought is, in theory it will work off EHU, but if you use it on full power for eight hours your batteries will probably be dead by the morning.

I’ll add, if you were to use it on a low setting to warm the bed before going to bed for an hour and then turn it off, you might find it good for removing the cold damp feeling that the bedding can get in the pop top. This should work fine while off EHU. It’s worth a try I’d say and as the purchaser said, if you get it where he did, you can return it.

I’ve just been to Ikea and got a few bits and bobs as I’m relatively new in the Cali club.

Here are a few highlights. A small oven mitt, a ladle, a ton of sugary treats (we intend to use the biscuit tins to store other stuff once we’ve scoffed all the biscuits), some alcohol free mulled wine (all very essential)... and some fabric boxes (RAGGISAR) to put in the under bench drawer.

Also got some MOPSIG cutlery as these fit in the drawer (I hope). And a FILUR bin with lid to go in between the front seats.

5838A127-52D5-4510-A568-169B7CF01D61.jpeg

Also purchased another KUGGIS white box. For the left hand cupboard under the sink and hob. I’ve already got a KUGGIS tray of the same size which I intend to sit on top and fill with dry food, teabags and other edible stuff.

We also got two pillows, one duvet, some sheets and those see-through bags to store bedding in called DIMPA.

Had £120 cash to spend (from selling a roof rack and from birthday money - yes, at my age, parents still give me money) and went a tenner over. Awesome.

I’ve just been to Ikea and got a few bits and bobs as I’m relatively new in the Cali club.

Here are a few highlights. A small oven mitt, a ladle, a ton of sugary treats (we intend to use the biscuit tins to store other stuff once we’ve scoffed all the biscuits), some alcohol free mulled wine (all very essential)... and some fabric boxes (RAGGISAR) to put in the under bench drawer.

Also got some MOPSIG cutlery as these fit in the drawer (I hope). And a FILUR bin with lid to go in between the front seats.

View attachment 51302

Also purchased another KUGGIS white box. For the left hand cupboard under the sink and hob. I’ve already got a KUGGIS tray of the same size which I intend to sit on top and fill with dry food, teabags and other edible stuff.

We also got two pillows, one duvet, some sheets and those see-through bags to store bedding in called DIMPA.

Had £120 cash to spend (from selling a roof rack and from birthday money - yes, at my age, parents still give me money) and went a tenner over. Awesome.
The wife spends hours and hours in the Ashton IKEA haha

Its the result (after three goes) of the roof corrosion so called repair. Ongoing for eighteen months now. Wish we'd never let them touch it.

Ever thought of engaging with watchdog? They seam to get results, given this week they stated that 1 in 12 cars have recall issues ? Just a thought....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back