Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Got the 30mm lowering springs fitted! Very happy! I set my expectations low in order to avoid disappointment but they have surpassed my secretly higher expectations from a cost vs efficacy ratio.

Got the 30mm lowering springs fitted! Very happy! I set my expectations low in order to avoid disappointment but they have surpassed my secretly higher expectations from a cost vs efficacy ratio.
Tell me more! I put a post up asking for views on the lowering springs but only got responses of warnings/woe regarding them

1592291523226.png

Fits neatly behind the passenger seat and in front of the kitchen unit cupboard. I can hide the stupid T6 coffee cup away now that I used to use as a mini waste bin!

Tell me more! I put a post up asking for views on the lowering springs but only got responses of warnings/woe regarding them

So before I address my personal experience of these I will acknowledge that alternatives such as coil-overs will give superior results.

Now onto my experience of the new springs. Firstly I have typically owned sportier cars, so the swap to the Cali was stark, I was very aware of the body roll, generally quite wobbly ride and understeer/roll combo if you dared to try and take a corner quickly.

My feedback on the drive having had the springs fitted is that the overall drive is more confident and car like, accepting that it is still a van at the end of the day.The first thing I immediately noticed was having to reduce my steering input in corners and roundabouts, where I frequently ended up much closer to the inside curb than usual...I hadn’t appreciated quite how much I was compensating for understeer/scrubbing of the front tyres (although that makes is sound like I am tearing around in the Cali, that is not the case, I am just very sensitive to the feel of how a vehicle handles). So I am very happy with much improved road holding and subsequently turn-in. Ultimately this has the effect of making the steering feel more precise. I also find the ride much more stable on straight roads/motorways, particularly at higher speeds. Unfortunately there are a great many speed bumps in my local area and I am definitely going to be taking these more slowly now as the vehicle now very much goes up over and back down again as a pose to softening them out. I also think the Cali looks better being slightly more squat. As I said above, even better results would be achieved with coil-overs but I didn’t fancy the price tag, so at the price-point of the 30mm springs, I am more than satisfied.

Last edited:
So before I address my personal experience of these I will acknowledge that alternatives such as coil-overs will give superior results.

Now onto my experience of the new springs. Firstly I have typically owned sportier cars, so the swap to the Cali was stark, I was very aware of the body roll, generally quite wobbly ride and understeer/roll combo if you dared to try and take a corner quickly.

My feedback on the drive having had the springs fitted is that the overall drive is more confident and car like, accepting that it is still a van at the end of the day.The first thing I immediately noticed was having to reduce my steering input in corners and roundabouts, where I frequently ended up much closer to the inside curb than usual...I hadn’t appreciated quite how much I was compensating for understeer/scrubbing of the front tyres (although that makes is sound like I am tearing around in the Cali, that is not the case, I am just very sensitive to the feel of how a vehicle handles). So I am very happy with much improved road holding and subsequently turn-in. Ultimately this has the effect of making the steering feel more precise. I also find the ride much more stable on straight roads/motorways, particularly at higher speeds. Unfortunately there are a great many speed bumps in my local area and I am definitely going to be taking these more slowly now as the vehicle now very much goes up over and back down again as a pose to softening them out. I also think the Cali looks better being slightly more squat. As I said above, even better results would be achieved with coil-overs but I didn’t fancy the price tag, so at the price-point of the 30mm springs, I am more than satisfied.
Appreciate the feedback Maxx

Tiny Bluetooth Temperature, Humidity sensor and logger gadget thingy. Useful for tracking fridge temperatures, parking heater, van temperature when sleeping etc.
222EB854-369D-4B4E-BECD-45A15C5800CF.jpeg
EF2F864E-75CE-4D65-9FC6-B51EF1FFE8E5.png

I bought one of these, it is powered from a USB socket, you can change the colour of the light from bright LED white to warm white to a warm light as from a light bulb and also dim the light if you want. The clip is very strong and opens to just under 2". It is £13.99. The stem is very flexible. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VQZDX91/?tag=eliteelect-21
1592410656863.png

Last edited:
The second skin Takato Grey seat covers of Inka arrived today. Very pleased with those! Fits perfect, looks stylish. :) The four legged ones will be happy to give them a personalised touch of fur and mudpaws soon.

View attachment 61011
Oh! Really beautiful!
Could you please take photos of rear part? I would like to see how they are fixing.
Thanks

2 x 255/45/18 Bridgestone All season A005 tyres.
Fitted to the rear.
Biblical rain on the way home and nice to see two ‘dry’ tracks in the wet road behind me.
Will provide views/feedback in time, too early to tell.

The second skin Takato Grey seat covers of Inka arrived today. Very pleased with those! Fits perfect, looks stylish. :) The four legged ones will be happy to give them a personalised touch of fur and mudpaws soon.

View attachment 61011
Very nice, were they easy to fit? Did you get the front seats covered too?

There’s a few different types on Amazon.
This one is pretty accurate and you can set a log interval to as little as 1 minute.

You can log direct to phone or export to Excel. Good fun for data geeks.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L996WFB/?tag=eliteelect-21

All the functionality is in the software ... and if the app is no good, the equipment is no good. Be very careful on the permissions that the app will ask you if on Android. Very wary of third party apps that accompany many of these China made devices.

All the functionality is in the software ... and if the app is no good, the equipment is no good. Be very careful on the permissions that the app will ask you if on Android. Very wary of third party apps that accompany many of these China made devices.
Blue Maestro is US company, sensor are made by Bosch.

Ordered and paid for, from #BigTed the 3d printing bear :embarrased
  • Hanging rail mounting for Ikea Sunersta rail, hooks and boxes
  • Pitch marker with van reg on it
  • 2 coat hooks
Waiting for the postman to call. Will be good to see the rail mounts after trying out the early prototypes that didn't quite work.

Went to Ikea again (to get what I forgot last time). Didn't buy anything for the van itself but I did get some sandwiches, drinks and pickled mushroom crisps (who knew). We ate them in the van in the carpark. Sun blazing, feet up, almost felt like we were on holiday. Oh how lockdown makes you appreciate the little things in life. :)

Aerolift Wind deflectors arrived and fitted. Unfortunately only clear allowed in CH, but hopefully the function will outweigh the looks.5YN4utCvROCRbSpBRipYOg.jpggZ9OqQbrRnyiCrTcaNzhUg.jpg

Well after virtually every campsite I’ve booked for 4th July telling me we would need our own toilet I took the plunge and got a Thetford 365
Much taller than 335 and when i tried it quickly I don’t think it will fit under rear shelf of Ocean.

We will see. - now I have the “shitty” job of giving it a clean (no pun intended)9C551FF1-2DBD-4F0F-9F41-C524E2956699.jpeg

Back