Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

20200624_114959.jpg
Bought shortly before my trip last week. I removed the fridge rack, and I can store all theses boxes in the fridge with about 10cm to spare on the side for 2 milk bottle .
No more food falling on top of each other, no more treasure hunt in the fridge.

W
You guys are making me cry! I too have acquired a solar panel from Roger. It was scheduled for installation last week, but I managed to incapacitate myself cutting a high hedge. I had got as far as fixing the panel (the easy bit) when I had to give up. A week later, I started again and threaded the supply cable through the grommet without trouble. As I don't have and couldn't acquire a wire coat hanger, I had taken the precaution of buying a fibreglass cable threading tool.
Next step, remove the battery. This was not as difficult as I had expected, thanks to the "paper scraper" hint.
So now to run the battery connecting cable. Bend down to see where to route it, then ouch! my back!
So, once again, an unscheduled delay. I would have happily paid someone to get the work done there and then.
One thing I have found is that the fibreglass rods will not be of any use except for snagging a cable already partially threaded as it is surprisingly stiff. Discussing this with my sympathetic neighbour he produced some garden wire which looks just the job, we'll see. But it might be next week now. Grrrr......
I don't agree with Lightening; the 160W panel on my previous van kept two 120Ah leisure batteries and the starter batter fully charged all year round.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

A Helinox Sunset chairFirst impression superb.

Sapto, been looking at some chairs which provide full upper body and head support and this is on the list. Does the back support of the Sunset chair extend far enough to support the head as well?

Sapto, been looking at some chairs which provide full upper body and head support and this is on the list. Does the back support of the Sunset chair extend far enough to support the head as well?
I am about 170 cm tall and first impression is that my head is "supported" halfway when I am sitting in the chair. I hope I soon can take a picture for you. I really like the quality and how easy it is to set up.

Well not exactly for the California more for us when away: Bought a Canon M50 and a 22mm lens. We hope we take it more with us as the "old" 550D was too much of a bulk and seldom used. Meanwhile we were taking pictures with our mobile phones (we do not need large prints or take pictures for living) and were (still are) happy with it.

IMG_3255.jpeg

Last edited:
Well not exactly for the California more for us when away: Bought a Canon M50 and a 22mm lens. We hope we take it more with us as the "old" 550D was too much of a bulk and seldom used. Meanwhile we were taking pictures with our mobile phones (we do not need large prints or take pictures for living) and were (still are) happy with it.
Same here. In the end my 7d II is never in the cali. The best csmera is the one you have with you. Phones are impossible to beat in practicality, but extremely limited in photo quality, right exposure, etc

Had a very nifty Westfalia removable tow bar installed by SGM Towing in Cardiff. (A great outfit, by the way.) All coding done as part of installation, of course, so that Trailer Stability Control kicks in etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspired by @gvick’s post above I bought one too, also from Camping International. It arrived yesterday. And can now see that it’s out of stock.

Given the necessity to be ‘self contained’ on campsites when they all open I reckon there’ll be, um, runs on these types of products. (Sorry.)
f9a9dc08a121146bfccb82a9bbee6666.jpg

Inspired by @gvick’s post above I bought one too, also from Camping International. It arrived yesterday. And can now see that it’s out of stock.

Given the necessity to be ‘self contained’ on campsites when they all open I reckon there’ll be, um, runs on these types of products. (Sorry.)

Is this the new logo displayed on your Cali? Nice name ! ;)

I’m tempted. Is it better to have solar trickling into a battery to prolong its life?
If normally parked outside then you would rarely, if ever, need to plug into the mains on a monthly basis as it will keep the Leisure Batteries fully charged.

Same here. In the end my 7d II is never in the cali. The best csmera is the one you have with you. Phones are impossible to beat in practicality, but extremely limited in photo quality, right exposure, etc
A member at my Photography Club has ditched his DSLR for his iPhone. Still wins the club completions on a regular basis as well as Regional competitions and acceptances and medals in National and International Salons. Its the person pressing the button that's important, combined with good photographic software and knowing how to use it.

A member at my Photography Club has ditched his DSLR for his iPhone. Still wins the club completions on a regular basis as well as Regional competitions and acceptances and medals in National and International Salons. Its the person pressing the button that's important, combined with good photographic software and knowing how to use it.
I am 100% with you, it's the person , not the camera. But if you are not that experienced a big sensor and raw files to work with for post helps quire a bit.
And I don't think in low light the skill can compensate for the tiny sensor. But i could be wrong

100%. Bought a dinky Canon DSLR mainly for the zoom lens. Well worth it. Phones can’t compete for depth of field and sheer quality of a larger premium lens either, but they’re small and brilliant and I use it way, way more than the camera because it’s always in my pocket.

Well I used to call it the Expensive Tent. Now I’ll refer to her as the Expensive Portaloo.

I have one since three years. He has traveled to Germany, Denmark, Iceland, France, Spain, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. And it has never been yet used.
Maybe now?

Rodent spray - how uplifting!

IMG_20200626_124616622.jpg

Latest purchase. Anyone have an opinion of Leighton Vans’ T6 rear door spoilers? The fit is perfect but to me the lines on this (on the sides) seem a bit vague and hand sanded. Sure, there’s the colour coding to be done but if there’s one thing I know about painting, you can’t mask problems with a top coat. Any thoughts?

It’s like it’s a massive issue if it does need a little bit of DIY work. I edited a front splitter for my T5.1 as didn’t like the standard shape. Or is this a red flag and should it be sent back? Will ask body shop their opinion also, obviously.

4bf5efa7fcb2d70acb0962b4c9db659e.jpg

b3d6dc386648cb35ee75bbc1dff82d49.jpg

971413c002ee625dbb4e218537dd117d.jpg

Had a very nifty Westfalia removable tow bar installed by SGM Towing in Cardiff. (A great outfit, by the way.) All coding done as part of installation, of course, so that Trailer Stability Control kicks in etc.

They did mine too...also built me a nice trailer a few years ago.

Back