Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Didn't really mean to :embarrased
I doubt I will use it prolifically but..
Went to the Caravan and motorhome show at Broadlands in Romsey today and got a decent show price from MB Campers on the Vango Galli II compact...so it had to be done.
Arrive freepost during the week.
View attachment 31857

Oh I didn’t realise that was on this weekend. I went last year and enjoyed it. Might go tomorrow.

Think we’re done now,
Outside :- side bars and top rear spoiler.
Inside :- leather look seat covers from Cali shop.

Went to the Caravan and motorhome show at Broadlands in Romsey today and got a decent show price from MB Campers on the Vango Galli II compact...so it had to be done.
View attachment 31857
Arrrgh I want that one! Have they any left, and deals still going

View attachment 31857
We brought the Vango Cruz last year, but think I like this one better now as it is forward facing, enjoy when you do use it.

We brought the Vango Cruz last year, but think I like this one better now as it is forward facing, enjoy when you do use it.

You more than likely have a left hand awning. Most converted vans in the UK have the sliding door behind the passenger seat. The Cali is a right hand drive factory conversation off a German platform. This means the sliding door is behind the drivers seat. So in order to have the awning front door facing out with the bus noise also out, you need a right hand awning.

Oh I didn’t realise that was on this weekend. I went last year and enjoyed it. Might go tomorrow.
My post will go a bit off topic but....
If you do go, the field parking was just about OK. It is supposed to have frequent heavy showers tomorrow but only saw one old autosleeper get stuck and they do have a 4x4 ready for such an event.
A bit lacking in accessory stalls but we managed to do from 10 am to 15:30 with one trip back to the cali for a cuppa.
Lots of conversions to look at though.
IMG_4775.JPG IMG_4776.JPG IMG_4777.JPG IMG_4778.JPG IMG_4764.JPG IMG_4765.JPG IMG_4769.JPG IMG_4770.JPG

Last edited:
My post will go a bit off topic but....
If you do go, the field parking was just about OK. It is supposed to have frequent heavy showers tomorrow but only saw one old autosleeper get stuck and they do have a 4x4 ready for such an event.
A bit lacking in accessory stalls but we managed to do from 10 am to 15:30 with one trip back to the cali for a cuppa.
Lots of conversions to look at though.
View attachment 31877 View attachment 31878 View attachment 31879 View attachment 31880 View attachment 31881 View attachment 31882 View attachment 31883 View attachment 31884

Thanks for the info. I will see what the weather is like and might take the x trail which has got me off many a muddy dog agility field where others have been stuck.

Thanks for the info. I will see what the weather is like and might take the x trail which has got me off many a muddy dog agility field where others have been stuck.
Yeah that would do it definately. Things aren't too bad, but when the exhibitors set up earlier in the week I believe there were some expensive motorhome casualties with sunken bodywork snapping off.

image.jpg
You more than likely have a left hand awning. Most converted vans in the UK have the sliding door behind the passenger seat. The Cali is a right hand drive factory conversation off a German platform. This means the sliding door is behind the drivers seat. So in order to have the awning front door facing out with the bus noise also out, you need a right hand awning.
Ours comes off sideways. There is a side opening tho.

Been a week of new bits for my Cali this week

- put some lights in the cupboards
- ridge monkey
- brandrup cutlery drawer
- outwell lantern
- usb charger for the 2 pin socket
- boxes to set the cupboards a bit

853f2cf229d439f3e8bc8b07c9518df4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a week of new bits for my Cali this week

- usb charger for the 2 pin socket

Thats pretty inefficient use of battery power! inverter changes 12v to 240v just for your charger to change 240v back to 5v. far more efficient to go straight from 12v to 5v

20180405_083654.jpg We tried out our Nespresso piano coffee machine and were very impressed with how littleport space ut needed. Just put it on a chopping board over the sink.
No escapee coffee grinds anymore, hooray!
Why did we wait so long?

View attachment 31918 We tried out our Nespresso piano coffee machine and were very impressed with how littleport space ut needed. Just put it on a chopping board over the sink.
No escapee coffee grinds anymore, hooray!
Why did we wait so long?

Great to see others using the same machine!
We try to figure out where to store (ATM behind drivers seat, lhd). What about yours?

Ours fit in the left hand bottom cupboard with the pans and aerochino

Is there sufficient power when off grid to run the nespressso or only possible when on electric hookup ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a few small items from Ikea after watching @yuchili 's excellent video...

1xToothbrush holder with suction cup (STUGVIK) for sink on slidepod.
2x LÅDDAN suction cups for general use in orange to match my pan set.
2x Pinch holder DOFTFUNKIA for pan handling also in orange.

The 365+ containers are rather fascinating with the lids that just rest on top but pick up by the handle and they stick fast, from the edges they simply feel unattached. Spent a few minutes playing with those haha.

Back