Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

View attachment 28099 As promised at the informal Dorset meet. These bags are really versatile, we have had our first one over 20 years ago and have bought from these manufacturers and the products are of the same quality, and made in UK. We really bash them around and have been used as Everything from boot bags, wet clothing kit, shower tub/bath tub for the littlest and the dog, booze bucket at parties...uses are endless and they squidge down!
They are called Kaboodlebag
kaboodlebag.co.uk
Two sizes (we have both) and our very old one has holes in the bottom which makes it useful in the garden if you don’t want buckets filling with water...
Hi, thanks for the coffee in your van at the meet and this information, you also told us about your a 12 volt shower pump and we have forgotten its name, can you please advise.

74D19D2A-9E47-42E2-AE84-7B5E1887B1D8.png
Hi, thanks for the coffee in your van at the meet and this information, you also told us about your a 12 volt shower pump and we have forgotten its name, can you please advise.
Hi James, sorry forgot to let you know !
Picture of the one I got from Amazon although there are lots of others out there. Happy camping!

Blodwyn is going to get winter wheels...Salt and alloys don't mix well...

That space between the two front seats...
Box1.JPG
is just right for a box to hold our maps, tour guides, notebooks, journals, magazines etc, aka our Library, needed during driving mode and camping mode, then slid away into the footwell during sleep mode.

But it will have to be the right size, obviously this is a fail. Sorry Wilko.
Box2.JPG

But this empty box will be a winner - a Proper Job! This time recycling wins over buying, although some upcycling might be needed to make it last the test of time.
Box3.JPG

This reminds me, how is your collection coming along @Properjob ?

View attachment 28397
is just right for a box to hold our maps, tour guides, notebooks, journals, magazines etc, aka our Library, needed during driving mode and camping mode, then slid away into the footwell during sleep mode.

View attachment 28398

But this empty box will be a winner - a Proper Job! This time recycling wins over buying, although some upcycling might be needed to make it last the test of time.
View attachment 28399

Regarding a box between the seats .
3 pages reading
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/gap-between-the-front-seats.13964/#post-146269

View attachment 28397

View attachment 28398

View attachment 28399

Good link Pete! Birthday is Friday, complete with detailing, dash cams and new speakers... and I really hope it works out ok because I'm selling our car tomorrow... could be an awkward Christmas otherwise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birthday is Friday,
Brilliant news - perfect timing, although nerve wracking to get selling and buying synchronised.

So is there any particular link with you and a certain IPA from St Austell? A rather fantastic area of Cornwall, one of many parts of the UK we shall be going on tour to in our new van.

Brilliant news - perfect timing, although nerve wracking to get selling and buying synchronised.

So is there any particular link with you and a certain IPA from St Austell? A rather fantastic area of Cornwall, one of many parts of the UK we shall be going on tour to in our new van.

Unfortunately not! But I wish there were.. other than drinking it when it's available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

During the recent "Club Shop open day" weekend, Briwy put me onto the Hay Box cooking concept, (well actually the modern incarnation of said concept). So I've taken their advice and bought this for use in our Cali Beach. Note: They aren't sold throught the Club Shop, you have to order directly from Mr D's. I should also mention that there are several other makes on the market which I am sure will work just as well.

image.jpeg

I've just tested it out by making a Lamb stew (detailed in the cook book which comes as part of the bundle deal), whilst Mrs B was at work. I am no Jamie Oliver so I was genuinely interested in how well this device would work. :Nailbiting

The prep took about fifteen minutes chopping up the veg. I then chucked the whole lot, meat and all, in the pot with a stock cube and salt and pepper, covered it in water and brought it up to the boil. After five minutes at the boil, I turned off the gass, put the lid on and stuck it in the insulated outer container and sealed it. Job done.

Four hours later we had a perfect and tender lamb stew. What a brilliant peice of kit and it used next to no energy to cook. Perfect for camper van use!

As mentioned, I purchased the 3 Litre version for use in our Cali. We are now looking forward to quickly preparing a meal, then driving to our destination and having a wonderful hot meal as soon as we arrive. As you can't really overcook something with this device you can go out for hours and the meal is waiting for you on your return.

We have also bought a 6.2 litre version for family catering at home. If you are interested in the concept there are numerous videos of different meals being prepared, posted on YouTube.

I give this device five stars. :thumb

Thanks to Brian and Chris.

P.s I've also purchased an XL Ridge Monkey, also on your advice but not tried it out yet.

Last edited:
I'm on the lookout to buy such a Ridge Monkey pan .
But seems unfindeble in Belgium and online abroad also "sold out"

Last edited:
Santa came up the Eberspacher exhaust...
92607b24b3d178e43c50ba261cc03990.jpg

€9.59

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

@vmaxkiddy
@Jay586
Thankx for the reply , i know it's a fishing world product , was hoping to find it on the mainland (BeNeLux) for free shipping costs (the link above might help)
It's not in a hurry , i'll be looking further .
Guess they keep thiere product away from the big market to keep it exclusive.

Last edited:
I was thinking one of the eBay sellers might do EU delivery.

Don't think it's particularly exclusive, loads of sellers.

It's a good thing anyway, use it for lots of things.

New shaggy, purchased from B&Q for £38. Measures 120x160cm, the 120cm is the perfect fit, so I only needed to trim the 1x edge, to suit along the non-sliding-door side, leaving the 3x remaining edges beaded. The previous shaggy was replaced, after 104x nights away in the van, it was bright green, and the dog puked on it.... So, I was happy to replace for another £38, at this stage..... We roll this forward, to allow for making up the lower bed.

IMG_3881.JPG

Also..... New "mini-table" 400x400 from Clearcut Conversions, VW (for the rail retainers) and B&Q for some screws and brackets..... Total cost under £70. This table says in-place, and allows for the lower bed to still be made-up.

IMG_3882.JPG

Last edited:
Back