Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

After some years traveling with other types of awning tents we finally took the plunge to order a complete set at Calicap. It is not the cheapest solution but if really fits the Cali we think.
Sand beige colour as our Cali is Mojave Beige. Tried it and fitting is superb! Setup and break-up takes no more than 5-10 minutes!
View attachment 108793View attachment 108793
Hi can you provide a link to these please?

Got a "Van Package" from Amazon today (more deliveries this week!!!)
Today's Box contained a very functional Paper Towel Holder and some blue fabric wall baskets- decorative and functional! Also (not pictured) some awning S hooks for hanging lights from our awning.
Van-Paper Towel Holder_1.jpgVan-Paper Towel Holder_2.jpgVan-Bins.jpg

In preparation for delivery of our Ocean in July:

Living area, boot area and step mats
Wind deflectors, Heko
Outdoor Revolution rechargeable lamp with mozi killer
2 Yeti drinks bottles
Awning tie down kit
Primus double stove for cooking outside
6 x gas canisters for above stove
907 Gas bottle cover

Got most of the other essentials from our previous Mink Camper. Just bedding to sort out now, undecided over duvet or sleeping bag - still plenty of time to decide before the van arrives.

1ae4a0633bc7b12af98105034be35269.jpg

7m flag pole and pirate flag.

Bought these recently after staying in a chalet in France where these were provided, they were warm & comfortable.
bought these with the intention of ditching the Sleeping bags.
(IMO sleeping bags too hot and take up too much room, are a Faff onsite and when packing up and slide everywhere when not in use or packed in their stuff sack).

they come in various colours (& prices for different colours)

they arrive in vacuum pack plastic bags, (not reusable) a bit of fluffing up required to make them less flat.

initial test: warm enough for pop top in about 5deg C overnight, soft and comfortable.
store nicely on the Multiflex / mattress and take up very little room. They would fit nicely on the rear seat or as a throw when not being used.

available in various sizes both individually at about £20 or as multi pack of four £40 ! (much cheaper as multi pack, various prices on Amazon for the same item! )

yet to wash them, although the ones we used In France were washed after every use and still looked good and we’re nice to sleep under.

View attachment 108802
Go the same blue ones above on a whim last month when they were on a similar 40% offer, but actually slightly cheaper at £19 for 4. Same idea - thought a couple of these would be a lot less bulky than a sleeping bag and probably better for use in the summer months.

Tried last week and was impressed.

Expensive day today! Ordered a poly cotton Kampa Touring Air awning with the groundsheet, carpet and kador strip! Really fancied the Outdoor Revolution Movalite T4 but it’s not available in Cali awning side in poly cotton :mad:

Ecoflow Wave 2 air conditioning unit …. I’ll be able to use it in the house too ..

View attachment 108868
Nice! Looking forward to hearing how it performs. How many watts? I have the ZeroBreeze Mark 2 and it uses 250 watts average. Not bad at all for an AC that is suitable for a van. Even off grid I can power it with the sun using Solar.

I was very tempted with the ecoflow wave until the pricing came through :'(

Can finally join the chat as I bought my first bits for my pending van this morning. Campingaz Party Grill 400CV, small cutlery set and a Thule Velospace XT-3 bike rack. Next up are some waterproof seat covers, either Inka or the ones on the campervantastic site (bit dearer but have heard mixed feedback on Inka). Going to get expensive this :D

I bought a solar panel from Solar Camper Solutions.
If you run the cable through the grommet, can you take some photos. I tried for about 45 mins last week but gave up as couldn’t get the cable through to the cupboard.

If it helps the drawer heights are actually adjustable, it’s a bit of a faff to set up but it does mean I have one drawer that will accommodate my taller mugs without compromising the usefulness of the others.
I found out you can adjust them by mistake. The bottom drawer was stopping the cupboard door sliding open easily so I had to remove it and have a play. I saw the blue wheels and adjusted them to raise the drawer slightly. It worked a treat and now the door slides easily. My drawers came fitted in my Cali. I’m assuming they are all the same and there is no order they go in?

If you run the cable through the grommet, can you take some photos. I tried for about 45 mins last week but gave up as couldn’t get the cable through to the cupboard.
Did you pull the grommet right out of the bulkhead? Much easier if you do. I fed a very long tiewrap through the hole behind the grommet and managed to fish it out at the top of the cupboard after a couple of attempts. If you are just trying to push the cable through on its own I thiink it will be very difficult/impossible. Might help to do a 'dry run' without the cable actually attached first time to get a feel for the route. From memory, I think I had to angle the tie wrap slightly up and towards the left, otherwise it just wanted to go down inside the bulkhead somewhere instead of through to the cupboard. Hope this helps.

I found out you can adjust them by mistake. The bottom drawer was stopping the cupboard door sliding open easily so I had to remove it and have a play. I saw the blue wheels and adjusted them to raise the drawer slightly. It worked a treat and now the door slides easily. My drawers came fitted in my Cali. I’m assuming they are all the same and there is no order they go in?

Yes I think they are all the same. Basically the shop just buy multiples of the standard drawer and create a frame. I fitted mine myself and it was very straightforward. A great product, the beauty of Cali ownership is so many companies out their making great bespoke aftermarket stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back